GUILTY OK - Patrick Misner for raping 4yo girl, Sapulpa, 2012

I understand. I am not saying they were guilty of anything. Just trying to understand how this crime happened, given the weird circumstances.

I really dont think we quite ever understand how these crimes happen since we discuss it everytime a child is harmed in their own home by a predator or kidnapped from their own homes by one.

But what we all should realize by now whether we understand how it could have happened or not... is it DOES happen and no one in the home was the wiser.

IMO

They were also claiming his story didn't make sense. I would like to know what exactly didn't make sense, since it appears he was in fact telling the truth.

Maybe it didnt make sense to LE because they were so blindly sure he was the prepretrator and had only tunnel vision. Evidently it did make sense since another creep's DNA was found on this poor child who was viciously raped.

It didnt make sense because they were trying to pin it on him, imo.

IMO

This story is horrendous. I wish LE could be sued for false arrest in this case. What makes me so furious is the normal 'defense' is "the evidence pointed to him". Well no it did not. It clearly did not. He was innocent so it could not have pointed to him. The evidence pointed to what I believed from the start, an intruder.

He can sue the police department and I am certainly not the kind that believes in being sue happy but if LE dared lock me up without any evidence for 13 weeks of my life I would sue their pants off.

Not only taking the freedom away from an innocent man but accusing him falsely of the worst crime imaginable.

I hope he does sue so that this police department will think twice before they ever do this thing again to another innocent person.

IMO

CPS does not need a reason to take your children. All they need is an excuse.

Here's one:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/nyregion/what-happened-to-baby-annie.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Here's another:
http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/parents-wrongly-accused-of-child-abuse/

Here's one that lost their kids because of the children's names:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/2...custody-kids-even-though-judge-says-no-abuse/

The only way I can imagine that DHS would have a case is if this perp had been invited into the trailer that night and they all drank or got high together. And if Mom and Tommy went to bed and passed out, and the perp came back and snuck in, etc, then maybe that is why they are saying there was negligence. Just speculating..

I'm not quite sure why you listed the first and third links - the first deals with a horribly battered child (from the discussion of her injuries that caused her death, including a broken skull from two horrific blows), and parents hateful enough to name their children Aryan Nation and Adolph Hitler - I think CPS was well within their rights to go after both sets of parents.

I can't really tell what's going on in the middle link. Sometimes, there are medical conditions that are the cause of a child looking battered, but CPS would be remiss not to look into these cases carefully.

I'm not quite sure why you listed the first and third links - the first deals with a horribly battered child (from the discussion of her injuries that caused her death, including a broken skull from two horrific blows), and parents hateful enough to name their children Aryan Nation and Adolph Hitler - I think CPS was well within their rights to go after both sets of parents.

I can't really tell what's going on in the middle link. Sometimes, there are medical conditions that are the cause of a child looking battered, but CPS would be remiss not to look into these cases carefully.

The point of the first article is that CPS has refused to test the child for OI when there were other young relatives that died as infants under similar circumstances. That's exactly what happened to the parents in the second article and it was several months before they were able to get the testing for OI which ultimately exonerated them because the child DID have it. They left the child in foster care where she actually was abused and neglected! As for the name, to think CPS has a right to go after parents who name their kids a specific name is just completely unconstitutional and unfounded. I may not agree with what those parents named their child but it doesn't prove anything other than stupidity on their part. Last time I checked, parental stupidity was not a valid reason to take a child from his/her home.

The point of the first article is that CPS has refused to test the child for OI when there were other young relatives that died as infants under similar circumstances. That's exactly what happened to the parents in the second article and it was several months before they were able to get the testing for OI which ultimately exonerated them because the child DID have it. They left the child in foster care where she actually was abused and neglected! As for the name, to think CPS has a right to go after parents who name their kids a specific name is just completely unconstitutional and unfounded. I may not agree with what those parents named their child but it doesn't prove anything other than stupidity on their part. Last time I checked, parental stupidity was not a valid reason to take a child from his/her home.

I have to disagree about the name thing. By naming their child those horrible, hateful names, they set them up for a lifetime of negative repercussions. That, to me, is abuse. Oh, and those parents have since lost custody of their children completely due to abuse and neglect not related to their awful names. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children-Adolf-Hitler-Aryan-Nation-back.html

I have to disagree about the name thing. By naming their child those horrible, hateful names, they set them up for a lifetime of negative repercussions. That, to me, is abuse. Oh, and those parents have since lost custody of their children completely due to abuse and neglect not related to their awful names. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children-Adolf-Hitler-Aryan-Nation-back.html

I worked in a newborn nursery. Many parents out there set their children up for negative repercussions, but unfortunately it's not illegal to be an idiot and name your kid something stupid, or hateful. I have seen names like Satan, Urethra (yes the little hole that you pee out of) as well as a plethora of names that ensure the child will end up as a stripper some day. But it is a free country and people are free to do stupid things.

I worked in a newborn nursery. Many parents out there set their children up for negative repercussions, but unfortunately it's not illegal to be an idiot and name your kid something stupid, or hateful. I have seen names like Satan, Urethra (yes the little hole that you pee out of) as well as a plethora of names that ensure the child will end up as a stripper some day. But it is a free country and people are free to do stupid things.

Yes, but there is a difference between making a stupid choice making a stupid choice that can cause harm (physically or emotionally) to a child. We may have to agree to disagree on this one but if a kid named Satan came into my nursery I would call CPS myself.

Naming your child a name like Hitler or Aryan Nation shows a very unhealthy admiration for something or someone violent, evil and hateful. I mean, we are talking about naming a child after the worst mass murderer in the history of the world, that is more that just a stupid choice like feeding your kid french fries every day. I was not at all surprised that these parents were also abusing and neglecting their children.

There was another case posted somewhere around here. Where CPS removed the child due to what they assumed was abuse. After the child was removed, father ended up killing the mother and himself, apparently fearing being prosecuted and convicted for child abuse. After that it was discovered that there was no abuse, and condition of the child was due to incurable genetic condition. But it was too late for the parents-they were already dead. The child didn't live long and died as well, due to the incurable genetic condition.

There are photos of him in the link that I provided. I suppose they look alike as much as one white male looks like the other white male. I personally do not see any striking resemblances between them. There is also an age difference.

But didn't the kid get attacked in the dark? Were lights on when all this happened, or was she in a room cloaked by the night?

There was another case posted somewhere around here. Where CPS removed the child due to what they assumed was abuse. After the child was removed, father ended up killing the mother and himself, apparently fearing being prosecuted and convicted for child abuse. After that it was discovered that there was no abuse, and condition of the child was due to incurable genetic condition. But it was too late for the parents-they were already dead. The child didn't live long and died as well, due to the incurable genetic condition.

This case was heartbreaking :(

That child in Ohio didn't "misidentify" her uncle... she was asked if the guy looked like anyone and she said he looked a bit like her Uncle.

When a traumatic event happens one might not remember it.
So they might assume the last person they remember seeing is the person that hurt them.

There was also another case where the wife identified her white husband as her attacker... and it was part of a black serial rapist's crimes.
Her husband said bye to her and then she woke up in a hospital... husband must have done it.

Stepdad puts her to bed... next thing she knows she's hurt and bloody... must have been stepdad that did it.
Because who else would a 4 year think would be in the house?

Without DNA evidence, or a spontaneous confession... I am not believing Tommy did it either. :twocents:

If I remember correctly, on television, whatever the program was, the little girl said he looked like her uncle and she got bombarded with questions until what she said, as in he looked like her uncle, they were then getting the answer that it was her uncle. I think on the video (didn't they have video of her ah, questioning?) their questions were leading her into saying the man was her uncle.

That is horrible.

I'm confused. Someone said the family isn't back together again, and when I went thru the posts, I can't find where the girl, the mom and the baby are. Did DCF take the kids or does the mom have them?
Please bear with me, okay? I just started reading this link oh, in the last five days? There was something in the Sierra Newbold thread that referenced this case and had a link, so I started reading and was trying to catch up with this.
Do you have any idea what this guy (Tommy) was subjected to in jail? He's blessed he got out of this alive. I hope he's not going to have to deal with nightmares when this is finally over, and yes, I'd say sue their butts.
In Maryland, a guy that killed his two kids (2 yrs and 3 yrs) was murdered in prison. There was at least one unsuccessful attempt, and then they did kill him. See what happens when you don't have the death penalty? What can you do, give two life sentences with no parole?

I'm confused. Someone said the family isn't back together again, and when I went thru the posts, I can't find where the girl, the mom and the baby are. Did DCF take the kids or does the mom have them?
Please bear with me, okay? I just started reading this link oh, in the last five days? There was something in the Sierra Newbold thread that referenced this case and had a link, so I started reading and was trying to catch up with this.
Do you have any idea what this guy (Tommy) was subjected to in jail? He's blessed he got out of this alive. I hope he's not going to have to deal with nightmares when this is finally over, and yes, I'd say sue their butts.
In Maryland, a guy that killed his two kids (2 yrs and 3 yrs) was murdered in prison. There was at least one unsuccessful attempt, and then they did kill him. See what happens when you don't have the death penalty? What can you do, give two life sentences with no parole?

I don't think we have a lot of information about that. What has been said previously has been seen by other posters on Facebook. I don't have Facebook, I don't think anything has been posted in the mainstream for us to know for certain what is going on. HTH

According to this article, a protective order was filed the day after the arrest...maybe the mother??

http://www.ktul.com/story/17395404/...ly-assault-on-4-year-old?clienttype=printable

Exia15145 then posted:
Perhaps someone strongly suggested she get a restraining order.

I have heard and read there are occasions when DCF comes in and basically in nicer language, they tell the mom keep the guy out or you're losing your kids. Just ask the mother of Logan and Bailey Marr, who I would also list as a victim of DCF and nosy neighbors. Because if the nosy neighbor of the young mother of Logan and Bailey had minded her own business, maybe Logan would be alive today.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fostercare/marr/

And this is about the foster mother. Tell me, how many of you would even THINK of doing something bizarre like this?

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=130266&page=1

Exia15145 then posted:
Perhaps someone strongly suggested she get a restraining order.

I have heard and read there are occasions when DCF comes in and basically in nicer language, they tell the mom keep the guy out or you're losing your kids. Just ask the mother of Logan and Bailey Marr, who I would also list as a victim of DCF and nosy neighbors. Because if the nosy neighbor of the young mother of Logan and Bailey had minded her own business, maybe Logan would be alive today.

Yeah, because the mother has always been supportive of the guy...I just didn't see her filing, especially the day after. She spent all her time at the hospital while her baby girl was having surgery...just didn't jive.

I am pretty sure the children are with the mother. There was an article recently about the mother-she moved in with her relative and they had a fire. At least at that time children were with her, according to this article. According to facebook, currently Tommy is living with his parents.
This is the article. It's an older article so it still has the false accusation against Tommy.
http://www.newson6.com/story/18608734/sapulpa-family-sees-double-dose-of-tragedy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back