Suicide Group

I guess their taken over Dr. Kevorkian's job. I really hate to say this but some people are in such excruciating pain that they just want to die. People know they are terminally ill and nothing is going to make it better. I know suicide is wrong, but when you are in such bad pain that nothing but death is going to help, then I think you should let that person go.

I guess their taken over Dr. Kevorkian's job. I really hate to say this but some people are in such excruciating pain that they just want to die. People know they are terminally ill and nothing is going to make it better. I know suicide is wrong, but when you are in such bad pain that nothing but death is going to help, then I think you should let that person go.

I don't think suicide is wrong under the conditions you describe.

I totally agree. It should be a legal option.

It's just creepy to read that site. I suppose it has to do with conditioning growing up American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree. It should be a legal option.

It's just creepy to read that site. I suppose it has to do with conditioning growing up American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is legal in some states. I read a study on the Oregon assisted suicide law (there the docs give the patient a script for a lethal dose of barbiturates and they can take it at home at their discretion).

One of the main things that study found was that doctors became MUCH MORE concerned with pain management presumably as they did not want to write the scripts or have their patients offing themselves. I watched a documentary on a couple that went to Switzerland, the husband had some sort of debilitating disease that eventually left him unable to move -- in cases like that having it as a legal option is very important as the individuals can not do it themselves (or they have to do it early on, before they want to die simply because they won't be able to due it later).

Surprisingly there were very few actual suicides from that program. Most of the folks that want to die due to pain or declining health (terminally ill or the elderly) have access to plenty of drugs that could be used for an overdose anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back