LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
This accident rumor back in 1999, if speculation is true, man it sounds like BSL was very hungry for the kill.

He won't give up Micky because he found a place where I think many many other woman will be found if he does. MOO

I thought the same thing - when Mickey is found, there may be other remains found. If BSL is a prolific serial killer, he might have a dumping ground that is safe in his mind - maybe family property? I can recall cases of other serial killers, such as Bundy, who had favorite dumping grounds. When one body was found, there were often others there as well.

Any new developments on that body that was discovered near Atlanta, TX? I have not seen anything new as of this morning. I am really starting to wonder what other murders BSL will be linked to. I was in shock yesterday...literally I was in front of the tv "Yes! they have enough evidence to convict him" "The ****!? a second murder charge!?" Crazy just crazy! Everyone keep digging up information!

A previous poster said they'd heard the body was male, but so far I don't think there's any info from LE about it.

With all of these reports about BSL's connection to previous homes being burned down, I have to believe there were more victims under these homes. If it is true that Lisa was found beneath the floor boards, this also aligns with my thoughts.

Now, I do not know how hot a fire would have to be to completely detroy a human body, but what IF there were traces of Mickey in the burned truck and they are still waiting for the forensics to come back to say it WAS her? I remember in the Antionette Davis case, the results were not back for a LONG time. Anyone think they may be basing the 1st degree murder charge of pending forensic results from the truck? Just a thought.

BSL was in the vehicle the night of the accident along with a female and her boyfriend (bsl's roommate)
The boyfriend died in the car accident
The female was severely injured and was in a wheel chair for many years
BSL was injured but not in critical condition.

LP was NOT in the trunk. LP was murdered that night but her remains were not discovered until later (hidden under some wood near where the accident had happened.)

For many years people speculated that all 3 that were in the vehicle that might were in loved I'm LP's murder. However it was later said by the female driver that they had gotten a call from BSL to go pick him up that night.... From that location.

IMO and ONLY MO.... The female driver and her boyfriend had Been called by BSL to go pick him up for unknown reasons at "their camp" Once they picked him up the female driver started questioning BSL or perhaps say something on him that raised a red flag (blood) she may have questioned him in the car, things got ugly or threats started flying and not paying attention they ran off the road and flipped a few times.

I wonder if he didn't make something up along the lines as someone bad was after HIM. :rolleyes:

BSL was in the vehicle the night of the accident along with a female and her boyfriend (bsl's roommate)

LP was NOT in the trunk. LP was murdered that night but her remains were not discovered until later (hidden under some wood near where the accident had happened.)

For many years people speculated that all 3 that were in the vehicle that might were in loved I'm LP's murder. However it was later said by the female driver that they had gotten a call from BSL to go pick him up that night.... From that location.

IMO and ONLY MO.... The female driver and her boyfriend had Been called by BSL to go pick him up for unknown reasons at "their camp" Once they picked him up the female driver started questioning BSL or perhaps say something on him that raised a red flag (blood) she may have questioned him in the car, things got ugly or threats started flying and not paying attention they ran off the road and flipped a few times.

I don't even WANT to know how you get your info, Laffy Taffy, but thanks for sharing it with us.

Now I wonder how BSL knew Lisa Pate?

Just think how many people's lives have been impacted by BSL - Lisa Pate, her kids, her family & friends, Mickey, her family & friends, BSL's family, the community where Lisa and Mickey lived. And the poor girl he assaulted back in 1999, as well as her family and friends. It's tragic.

It just says a friend died. not when... he/she could have lingered on life support for a while.
That is interesting!

220311 6-28-1999 1 2 70 1 I-10
case# date # vehicles # occupants speed deaths location

sounds like this must have been it!
Single car 2 occupants 1 death.

So this would jive with Lisa went missing late June...
http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Summary=County&State=22
thank you!

Not sure that this could be related IMO

Acadiana Parishes
Date: June 29, 1999
Publication: The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.)
Page: X

4 B
Crash kills 1, injures 1

CROWLEY - The driver of a pickup truck died and a passenger was severely injured after the vehicle drifted off Interstate 10 and struck a tree, Louisiana State Police said.

Driver [JMC male name redacted], 43, , and AB [female name redacted], 34, both of the same address were headed east on I-10 shortly after 1 a.m. Monday [June 28, 1999] when their vehicle drove off the road for unknown reasons, State Police said. Both were taken to American Legion Hospital in Crowley,...
Click here for complete article ($2.95)

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=list&p_topdoc=51

According to the link provided previously

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Year=1999&Fips=22001
there was only one fatal car accident in June of 1999, and the story I linked above is the story of that accident.
Victims from Maurice.

It says only the two were in the pick up truck. Could this be the accident LT?

>>It was shown in at least two of the frames in a part of Bloomington where Lauren Spierer was last seen on foot, inebriated. It was eerily familiar to see the very same make, model and color of the Chevy pickup in surveillance footage of the Shunick disappearance. Perhaps it was too familiar. While it seems sensational to assume this man is a serial predator, the evidence that has been made public just screams exactly that. It also doesn’t help that the FBI alleges there to be anywhere from 25 to 50 active serial killers in the United States.<<<

Thank you for posting that.

I had no idea about the Lauren Spierer connection and no idea the FBI thinks there might be anywhere from 25 to 50 active serial killers in the US.

>>It was shown in at least two of the frames in a part of Bloomington where Lauren Spierer was last seen on foot, inebriated. It was eerily familiar to see the very same make, model and color of the Chevy pickup in surveillance footage of the Shunick disappearance. Perhaps it was too familiar. While it seems sensational to assume this man is a serial predator, the evidence that has been made public just screams exactly that. It also doesn’t help that the FBI alleges there to be anywhere from 25 to 50 active serial killers in the United States.<<<

Thank you for posting that.

I had no idea about the Lauren Spierer connection and no idea the FBI thinks there might be anywhere from 25 to 50 active serial killers in the US.

Just to go off of this post, it seems weird to me that the idea of "serial killers" is so much scarier to the public than the idea of many different killers murdering all of the people who are found along highways or missing forever. I think it is scarier to imagine that they were all, or most, killed by different people. Yet "serial killer" has such an evil connotation that LE does not even like to say it. And for some reason, it seems like people take comfort when a bunch of crimes are deemed to be unrelated. IMO, that is worse, as it means there are even more people out there harming and killing people.

Not sure if I am making sense, just something I am thinking about...

I have 2 questions for veteran WSers:
1. Why did I jump from only 5 PMs allowed to 200?
2. How do y'all manage to maintain job, family, etc, AND WS? I have been totally obsessed here, spending hours upon hours reading the threads and trying to absorb all the ideas, theories, and revelations!

kjnmom, #1 - guess the long winded PM feature was activated..LOL, I'll have to refer #1 to someone who knows...

#2 - retired fire
- very understanding family - 2 children/6 grandchildren
- diet of gourmet microwavable Campbells Soup(recipe available)
- bank/bill pay on line
- one night a week attend WS anonymous meeting..

kjn, seriously, many of the regulars on WS are heavily involved in missing persons cases because they were touched by a victim at one point in their lives, imo. The silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons is continuous and has no lulls..

The WS regular members come from all walks of life; attorneys, LEOs, criminologists, psychologists, advocates, mappers, searchers, PIs, profilers, researchers, nurses, media/journalists/pundits, authors, forensic artists, homemakers, etc., etc..

Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons investigations and the victims have no voice..

Thomas Jefferson - "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

'I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance.

But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy'...
Author/FBI BAU Roger L. Depue

Video confirmed what the truck owner told police about being in the area to pick someone up, said Capt. Joe Qualters of the Bloomington Police Department. “The vehicle has been eliminated from the investigation,” he said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/20/news.qp-1784939.sto

(CBS/WISH) BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Police said Monday that the white truck seen near the time and place of Lauren Spierer's disappearance has been ruled out as a potential lead in the case of the missing Indiana University student.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20072658-504083.html

FYI: Chelsea Hoffman's blog is banned here at WS.

Video confirmed what the truck owner told police about being in the area to pick someone up, said Capt. Joe Qualters of the Bloomington Police Department. “The vehicle has been eliminated from the investigation,” he said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/20/news.qp-1784939.sto

(CBS/WISH) BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Police said Monday that the white truck seen near the time and place of Lauren Spierer's disappearance has been ruled out as a potential lead in the case of the missing Indiana University student.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20072658-504083.html

FYI: Chelsea Hoffman's blog is banned here at WS.

Thank you.

With all of these reports about BSL's connection to previous homes being burned down, I have to believe there were more victims under these homes. If it is true that Lisa was found beneath the floor boards, this also aligns with my thoughts.

Now, I do not know how hot a fire would have to be to completely detroy a human body, but what IF there were traces of Mickey in the burned truck and they are still waiting for the forensics to come back to say it WAS her? I remember in the Antionette Davis case, the results were not back for a LONG time. Anyone think they may be basing the 1st degree murder charge of pending forensic results from the truck? Just a thought.

I believe LE has said there were no human remains found in the truck, I'll look to see if I can find a link to that.

I think BSL burned the truck to get rid of forensic evidence inside the truck.

ETA: link to article:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150336/Craft-We-don-t-know-where-she-he-does

"Craft said police are still not sure whether Shunick was ever in Lavergne's mobile home, but crime scene investigators processed the scene "like she was." There was no body or human remains, nor a GPS, in the burned-out truck, but Craft said there very likely was evidence related to the case."

For many years people speculated all 3 that were in the vehicle that night, were involved in LP's murder. However it was later said by the female driver that they had gotten a call from BSL to go pick him up that night.... From that location.

And I'm thinking that this girl that was in the car accident with him must have came forward to police after putting " two &two together" when she found out he was charged with 1'st degree murder of Micky.

For many years people speculated all 3 that were in the vehicle that night, were involved in LP's murder. However it was later said by the female driver that they had gotten a call from BSL to go pick him up that night.... From that location.

Good morning to all :seeya:

I just logged in a minute ago, and reading Laffy Taffy's words here just chills me to the bone. BSL using a fatal car crash to cover his tracks and blood evidence of the murder of Lisa !!! I expect that the girl who was injured in this crash will come forward (if she hasn't already) and cooperate fully with LE. Also "their camp" needs to be FULLY searched IMO...even though this all dates back to 1999. :what: I don't know about you guys, but I'm emotionally drained right now. God give the Shunick's strength to get through this horrible ordeal. My prayers are with them.

If BL had property of Lisa's where did he hide it for the whole 10 years he was gone? I thought there was a fire at that property.

He could have done it the old-fashioned way: sealed mason jar buried somewhere.

Shouldn't a new thread for LP be started since this one is supposed to be about MS? Or at least one started just about BSL and all of suspicious activities? Just asking...

I thought the same thing - when Mickey is found, there may be other remains found. If BSL is a prolific serial killer, he might have a dumping ground that is safe in his mind - maybe family property? I can recall cases of other serial killers, such as Bundy, who had favorite dumping grounds. When one body was found, there were often others there as well.

Imo, this only one of the reasons that BSL will not reveal Mickey Schunick's remains location. Gary Ridgeway's victims are still being located over 30 years later.. One of his victims was recently located;

Remains of a woman killed by Gary Ridgway, the "Green River Killer" convicted of killing 49 women, were identified 30 years after she went missing thanks to DNA

http://article.wn.com/view/2012/06/19/Green_River_Killer_Case_More_Remains_Tied_To_Gary_Ridgway_Id/

Just to go off of this post, it seems weird to me that the idea of "serial killers" is so much scarier to the public than the idea of many different killers murdering all of the people who are found along highways or missing forever. I think it is scarier to imagine that they were all, or most, killed by different people. Yet "serial killer" has such an evil connotation that LE does not even like to say it. And for some reason, it seems like people take comfort when a bunch of crimes are deemed to be unrelated. IMO, that is worse, as it means there are even more people out there harming and killing people.

Not sure if I am making sense, just something I am thinking about...

I think that when a serial killer is suspected, people become scared by the randomness of it. Most of the murders we read about are "one on one" killings. Both parties know each other, and some type of explanation can be given for the crime. We can sigh and say how terrible it is, but it doesn't relate to us.

But when a man just picks a victim at random, it makes us realize that we aren't immune to violence, it could happen to anyone. It is frightening, because how can you protect yourself and your loved ones from a monster who picks his victims based on a criteria only he knows?

LE has always been hesitant to admit when a SK is at work, partly to keep the public from panicking and partly to keep their investigation under wraps, IMO.

Not sure what to make of these, but interesting backstory:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/church-point-la/TJ3NSAJ522BBHF3T2

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/church-point-la/TSK3EUTOT298SFOPT
The last post on this thread brings up the topic of BSL and grave robbing.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/church-point-la/TA1051F9V9AT8Q6T9
Another reference to Lisa Pate's disapperance/murder connected to BSL's car accident. This makes it sound like BSL tried to blame the friend who died for her murder.

Take with a grain of salt, topix is just an extension of the small town rumor mill and drama here usually. But sometimes there is a grain of truth.

There are some interesting comments on KATC's fb page. A woman claiming to be attacked by a knife by BSL a while back. She also states she provided LE with pictures and a report in regards to Mickey's case. And another claiming she almost roomed with him in early 2012. Could all be bs, but interesting nonetheless.

This is the story the comments are under. Sorry couldn't get the iPad to link directly.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member