trial thread: 3/28/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for car washes in Mount Forest. help?

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/search/?stype=si&showDD=true&what=Car+Wash&where=Arthur+Ont&x=28&y=7
Area car wash

Milor Cleaning Services.
Address: 129 Burmingham Street
Mount Forest ON CA N0G 2L0
Phone: 519-323-4561

Avenue Auto Detailing.
Address: 15-179 Norpark Avenue
Mount Forest ON CA N0G2L0
Phone: 519-323-2670

Cotton's Auto Care Centre Inc..
Address: 490 Eliza Street
Arthur ON CA N0G1A0
Phone: 519 848 3515

Transchem Inc
519-740-0150 1225
Franklin Blvd, Cambridge, ON,
N1R7E5
Car Wash
519-740-0150

Krown Rust Control 519-740-2584 131 Sheldon Dr, Cambridge, ON, N1R6S2

Suds Express
515 Hespeler Rd,
Galt, ON N1R 6J2
226-887-0448

~Respectfully snipped~

But I wonder if LE went back to the garbage bins or the landfill and looked for that trash bag? I don't remember any reports of landfill searches. Does anyone else?

IIRC there were searches in Wellington County at the dumps (the media report that I read did not say which ones)

:( :( :(

Thankful little Tori was recovered with great dignity and respect by all Law Enforcement, and her journey out of Mt. Forest, was not the same as her journey there.

b2d90fc64977bd66252fa2c81f21.jpeg

http://media.therecord.topscms.com/images/52/16/b2d90fc64977bd66252fa2c81f21.jpeg

Everytime I see that picture it makes me cry. She deserves that respect and she deserves justice.

He turned off his headlights when they left the site? A few of us thought he would do that, I remember posting about that so he wouldn't alert the people from the house across the lane. JMO

McClintic testified that after Tori was killed Rafferty went to great lengths to cover up their crime, including hiding Tori’s body under a rock pile, reversing over tire tracks to make them less distinguishable, providing McClintic with a change of clothes, discarding the clothes they were wearing as well as the murder weapon and throwing out the shoes.
“He turned his lights off and pulled onto the sideroad,” McClintic testified earlier about their actions following the murder. “He said, ‘We need to get rid of our shoes, so I believe I tossed my pair of shoes out the car window. He gave me a pair of shoes to wear and he put on a different pair of shoes as well then we drove off.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...ial-woman-says-she-found-discarded-shoes?bn=1

Actually, she's changed her story quite a bit since she was first arrested.

1. She denies all knowledge and involvement
2. She then says she's the woman in the video, but MR raped and killed Tori and it was HIS idea to buy the hammer and bags
3. She then changes her story again and says SHE killed Tori, but MR raped her (Jan 2012)
4. She then says it was HER idea to buy the hammer and bags. (Jan 2012)
5. She quickly recants that and goes back to saying that it was MR's idea to buy the hammer and bags.

I was actually speaking in a high level overview. Yes she denied involvement at first which is self preservation, hoping they don’t have enough evidence. She has swayed back and forth on the garbage bags, the hammer, and the actual act of murder itself. I don’t think anyone would argue that TLM lies, whether she is doing it to cover for MTR or just because she is a pathological liar makes no difference.

The way I see it is that TLM confirms that Tori was taken to the car, driven around for a fair length of time suffering with worry of what was going to happen to her, why these strangers would not take her home. After that mental torture TLM alleges that Tori was raped, both a physically painful and mentally torturous experience. I find it hard to believe that after such an act that MTR had any intention of returning the girl home.

If TLM had the idea to buy garbage bags and a hammer, do you not think that MTR would ask why are you going to home depot and why do you need that stuff? What I am so clumsily trying to say is, they both knew Tori was in the car, the story on the rape has not changed, it’s the things around the actually murder, who did it and who bought the murder weapon that seem to be in question, but really does it matter? They both knew what occurred and neither of them did anything to stop it, save Tori at any point along their journey or report it to police.

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/search/?stype=si&showDD=true&what=Car+Wash&where=Arthur+Ont&x=28&y=7
Area car wash

Milor Cleaning Services.
Address: 129 Burmingham Street
Mount Forest ON CA N0G 2L0
Phone: 519-323-4561

Avenue Auto Detailing.
Address: 15-179 Norpark Avenue
Mount Forest ON CA N0G2L0
Phone: 519-323-2670

Cotton's Auto Care Centre Inc..
Address: 490 Eliza Street
Arthur ON CA N0G1A0
Phone: 519 848 3515

Transchem Inc
519-740-0150 1225
Franklin Blvd, Cambridge, ON,
N1R7E5
Car Wash
519-740-0150

Krown Rust Control 519-740-2584 131 Sheldon Dr, Cambridge, ON, N1R6S2

Suds Express
515 Hespeler Rd,
Galt, ON N1R 6J2
226-887-0448

Thank you Sailor bug. He was organized somewhat for the crime, even if did dumb things like use his phone. I CAN'T see them driving to Cambridge to wash the car. NO WAY, too far. JMO MOO

TLM is screwy a bit with her directions on the map, I think. I think those silos are north, everything else works though. JMO

Car wash

True North Carwash & Storage Inc 519-848-6871493 Eliza, Arthur, ON, N0G1A0

Auto Edge Appearance Centre 519-623-6430 470A Collier MacMillan Dr, Cambridge, ON, N1R5Y7

Hespeler Car Wash 519-658-2591294 Shepherd Ave, Cambridge, ON, N3C1V1

Gold Car Wash 519-576-7544 460 Highland Rd W, Kitchener, ON, N2M3C7

Elmira Car Wash 519-669-1883110 Earl Martin Dr, Elmira, ON, N3B3L4

Because the crimes happened in early April, the deciduous trees would not have leaves yet and the foliage wouldn't be blocking the view so much. The coniferous trees would provide cover for the two as they disposed of Tori's body, as well as the car and the rock pile itself. TLM could likely see the silos from wherever she was that was further from those evergreen trees. JMO

From the angle of this photo which is facing the trees,

if you turned a one quarter turn to your right you would be facing an open field on an upward slop, silos are visible in this direction. (about a north east direction)

if you turned a one quarter turn to your left you would be facing towards the road, but it is not visible from this spot due to the trees and brush.

if you turned a half turn, you would be facing the open field.

there is a large row of trees and thick brush that runs parallel to the road which makes the "spot" very secluded.

RaffertyLFP: The shoes were found on east side of road near Hwy 6

Metcalfe says she picks up garbage along the road during her walks. One evening, she found a pair of running shoes and a single shoe

Lillian Metcalfe says she found a pair of shoes and a single shoe on side rd 6 north of Guelph

Metcalfe points out where she found shoes in photo of the road

Metcalfe says the shoes were found close to highway six. On the east side of the road.

Showing a picture of highway six. Metcalfe points out where the shoes were found.

Well I guess we know now that MR didn't find the shoes :) So she found a pair and one lone shoe, so the lone shoe would be MR's?

Thank you Sailor bug. He was organized somewhat for the crime, even if did dumb things like use his phone. I CAN'T see them driving to Cambridge to wash the car. NO WAY, too far. JMO MOO

TLM is screwy a bit with her directions on the map, I think. I think those silos are north, everything else works though. JMO

Your welcome matou

I think they were in a rush to wash off this horrific crime...but I can't see it being Cambridge either
:seeya:

Metcalfe left the shoes in her garage for a week
The officer was there May 30, 2009
The shoes were found in May

On one spring evening in 2009, cold enough for frost but with light still in the sky, she found two things that stood out among the usual fast food wrappers and beer bottles along Sideroad 6 off Hwy. 6 north of Guelph.

By a lilac bush she saw one single shoe and a pair of running shoes

The married mother of two teenagers threw out and recycled the litter, then left the shoes in her garage for a week."
I wasn't sure what to do with them."

On May 30, 2009, Metcalfe noticed police on her road and spoke to an officer. She'd heard police investigating Tori's death were looking for the backseat of a car, but the officer told her they weren't looking for that.

As she started to walk away, the officer asked her about seeing any garbage along the road and Metcalfe mentioned the running shoes.

When the officer asked her for a description, Metcalfe testified she replied, "I can do better than that."

The shoes were sent to the Centre of Forensic Sciences for examination and photos of the shoes were sent to the OPP

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/28/19561176.html

Well, that's confusing, isn't it? Trust the media to mess it all up. She testified, according to the Tweets I quoted before, that that particular walk was in late March or early April. I can interpret the above as her leaving the shoes in the garage for a week, and then taking them into the house to soak and wash. But that's JMO.

The Toronto Star says differently from the LFP:

A woman who lives in the area testified today that in about early April 2009 — the month Tori was killed — she was taking a walk on Sideroad 6 near her home north of Guelph and found a pair of white basketball shoes with blue trim and a single shoe.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...er-trial-woman-says-she-found-discarded-shoes

The CBC has the same sentence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/28/stafford-rafferty-trial-wednesday.html

The Globe & Mail says something else again:

Software worker Lillian Metcalfe, who lives north of Guelph along the 8th Line, near Hwy 6, told prosecutor Stephanie Venne that late in April or early May she found the Shaq running shoes in a clump of thick grass along Side Road 6.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...eath-testifies/article2384078/?service=mobile

*sigh*

From the angle of this photo which is facing the trees,

if you turned a one quarter turn to your right you would be facing an open field on an upward slop, silos are visible in this direction.

if you turned a one quarter turn to your left you would be facing towards the road, but it is not visible from this spot due to the trees and brush.

if you turned a half turn, you would be facing the open field.

there is a large row of trees and thick brush that runs parallel to the road which makes the "spot" very secluded.

Thanks FF, I can't see the image that you are referring to, is it a map photo?

Well I guess we know now that MR didn't find the shoes :) So she found a pair and one lone shoe, so the lone shoe would be MR's?

We don't know Hello_Kitty if the lone shoe had anything to do with MR or TLM as it wasn't clarified in court today

I have to agree, not only that but TLM said to the interrogator, if anyone watched the video of the original confession that was posted, "you know,he knew what he was doing" with all these little details, it really makes me wonder that if this was in fact his first offense (I don't mean what he caught with persay) I mean the first time he's done this, he's pretty calculating with the details. Doesn't appear that he's only been in this situation once by driving the car backwards to cover tracks, preparing a change of clothes, telling her what to say to LE etc...

I have to agree, not only that but TLM said to the interrogator, if anyone watched the video of the original confession that was posted, "you know,he knew what he was doing" with all these little details, it really makes me wonder that if this was in fact his first offense (I don't mean what he caught with persay) I mean the first time he's done this, he's pretty calculating with the details. Doesn't appear that he's only been in this situation once by driving the car backwards to cover tracks, preparing a change of clothes, telling her what to say to LE etc...

Certainly not an impulse crime and it doesn't sound like there was much panic after.

It would be interesting to know if TLM committed crimes with other individuals and whether or not she kept silent about their involvement or if she readily (or reluctantly) gave up their names.

re: the car seat. Could TLM have cut chunks out of the seat where blood was present and the chunks remained in the car to be tossed out in different places on the way home? The rest of the seat could possibly have been removed and left on that sideroad? MOO

I'm looking for car washes in Mount Forest. help?

Yes there is one that is 5km away from the death scene. It is a self wash 3 bay, no attendant, no office, no phone # and no camera....I checked! No convenient store nearby (closest one is 2 blocks away)

Yes there is one that is 5km away from the death scene. It is a self wash 3 bay, no attendant, no office, no phone # and no camera....I checked!

Is there a convenience store close to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph