CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

Jodi H:
I look back at the beginning of this mystery.
She has a restraining order against a former boy friend.
She is at a party.
So is bf.
She is seen talking to him.
She disappears.
No one knows anything.
She has not been found.
Jodi plus ex boy friend who had been violent at
a party with alcohol
= ex boy friend should be questioned time and again.

There's absolutely nothing new... even the old stories about Jodi are disappearing from the Google news searches.

Brilliant-Evening-Sky.JPG

Darkness falls earlier in the evenings now and the nights are getting chilly. Where is Jodi?

No new news.

But the family has updated the FB page as we near the three month anniversary of Jodi's disappearance. They note both they and the RCMP are still "actively searching," but give no further details.

I feel for Jodi's family... how do you get up every day, and go through the motions of paying your bills and mowing the lawn and going for groceries and the million other tasks of life not knowing where your child has gone?

There has to be a solution to this case. This family deserves and needs closure.

Where are you Jodi???

No new news.

But the family has updated the FB page as we near the three month anniversary of Jodi's disappearance. They note both they and the RCMP are still "actively searching," but give no further details.

I feel for Jodi's family... how do you get up every day, and go through the motions of paying your bills and mowing the lawn and going for groceries and the million other tasks of life not knowing where your child has gone?

There has to be a solution to this case. This family deserves and needs closure.

Where are you Jodi???
After reading their Facebook page, it just strikes me as odd that no one is even attempting to form their own search party. It's like they are just going to sit and wait? Am I the only one who has gotten that feeling?

If that were my daughter, I know I would be out there searching and asking as many people as I could to help me look for her but maybe her family doesn't want to actively search on their own for fear of finding her passed instead of alive...I don't know.

It's just too darn quiet. No news, no police updates, nothing.

Maz :frown:

:cow:

After reading their Facebook page, it just strikes me as odd that no one is even attempting to form their own search party. It's like they are just going to sit and wait? Am I the only one who has gotten that feeling?

If that were my daughter, I know I would be out there searching and asking as many people as I could to help me look for her but maybe her family doesn't want to actively search on their own for fear of finding her passed instead of alive...I don't know.

It's just too darn quiet. No news, no police updates, nothing.

Maz :frown:

I know. There really should be more activity. At one place on the FB page someone says something along the lines of, "Hey, maybe we should get a search group together..." I was thinking, "Yeah, you think so?"

This case is being sifted through the cracks, and I don't like it.

I know. There really should be more activity. At one place on the FB page someone says something along the lines of, "Hey, maybe we should get a search group together..." I was thinking, "Yeah, you think so?"

This case is being sifted through the cracks, and I don't like it.

I agree...I am really frustrated. I have received two notices asking me to "invite" my friends to their group for more awareness yet nothing is being said or done about actually looking for her. I just feel like Jodi is being let down. Almost like it's too much effort to go find her.

If I were living back in BC again I'd be out there looking for her. This is just so unfair to her.

Maz

I agree...I am really frustrated. I have received two notices asking me to "invite" my friends to their group for more awareness yet nothing is being said or done about actually looking for her. I just feel like Jodi is being let down. Almost like it's too much effort to go find her.

If I were living back in BC again I'd be out there looking for her. This is just so unfair to her.

Maz

I think it might be because of the reports that she had run away before, etc - possibly, it's a "girl who cried wolf" thing? But, still - three months?

I hate the fact that missing teens get so much less concern than missing children.

FB is fine - but since when does it suffice as the only avenue for finding a missing kid? They haven't even gone so far as making a MySpace, and those are free and easy, as well.

Handing out fliers on the ferry was a good start, but people really need to do more. Perhaps they are, and I just don't know - if that's the case, I really wish they would let us know.

This case is infuriating. :banghead:

On a side note for perspective, my aunt went missing in 2005, and partial remains were found in 2006. My dad STILL goes searching the area when he can and when he thinks of new places to look! That's just so he can find the rest of her remains!

How can a family not search compulsively for a whole human who might still be alive???

If she did run away...I just can't see her not making contact with anyone. Three months is a long time for a teenage girl to go without calling her best friend or her mum.

There is a lot more that they can be doing, I agree. I think the FB idea was great but IMHO I don't think it hasn't been followed through by anyone to take that next step. Canvas door to door? Ask for permission to search properties etc...

Have her girlfriends done anything to try to find her? I'm not sure I have read anything like that, where her friends formed a group to pass out fliers etc. I think I only read about the ferry one.

Do you know or read if anyone has left the island to go to the other side to Horseshoe Bay and pass out fliers? To make Jodi's disappearance known in Vancouver etc? What about Nanaimo? Has anyone gone there? It's certainly possible that Jodi could have traveled there from Horseshoe Bay.

The lack of information is so maddening! :furious: :banghead:

As for your aunt, I think it's a brave thing your father is doing...to keep searching. How heartbreaking it must have been for your entire family. I'm curious...did anything ever come from finding her cell phone? Any new information?

Maz

If she did run away...I just can't see her not making contact with anyone. Three months is a long time for a teenage girl to go without calling her best friend or her mum.

There is a lot more that they can be doing, I agree. I think the FB idea was great but IMHO I don't think it hasn't been followed through by anyone to take that next step. Canvas door to door? Ask for permission to search properties etc...

Have her girlfriends done anything to try to find her? I'm not sure I have read anything like that, where her friends formed a group to pass out fliers etc. I think I only read about the ferry one.

Do you know or read if anyone has left the island to go to the other side to Horseshoe Bay and pass out fliers? To make Jodi's disappearance known in Vancouver etc? What about Nanaimo? Has anyone gone there? It's certainly possible that Jodi could have traveled there from Horseshoe Bay.

The lack of information is so maddening! :furious: :banghead:

As for your aunt, I think it's a brave thing your father is doing...to keep searching. How heartbreaking it must have been for your entire family. I'm curious...did anything ever come from finding her cell phone? Any new information?

Maz

My parents are not assertive enough - they take the "they'll tell us if anything comes up" approach, which is ridiculous given the record of LE on that case. There are so many reasons I wish I was back in Nova Scotia, and that case is one of them.

And, no I only heard of that one day of passing out fliers for Jodi, though I may be wrong - because NO ONE is saying anything.

I do think Vancouver is the way to go right now - I have a bad feeling Jodi is out there and in the middle of something horrible. So many young women lost to the horrors of the scene there. I shudder to think.

I wonder if maybe Jodi wasn't as popular with the house party scene as they are now pretending she was with the FB drinking photos collage.

ETA: Those drunken teen pictures really was a wrong way to go for that FB group, IMO - it really does give a bad impression of the whole case.

My parents are not assertive enough - they take the "they'll tell us if anything comes up" approach, which is ridiculous given the record of LE on that case. There are so many reasons I wish I was back in Nova Scotia, and that case is one of them.

And, no I only heard of that one day of passing out fliers for Jodi, though I may be wrong - because NO ONE is saying anything.

I do think Vancouver is the way to go right now - I have a bad feeling Jodi is out there and in the middle of something horrible. So many young women lost to the horrors of the scene there. I shudder to think.

I wonder if maybe Jodi wasn't as popular with the house party scene as they are now pretending she was with the FB drinking photos collage.

ETA: Those drunken teen pictures really was a wrong way to go for that FB group, IMO - it really does give a bad impression of the whole case.

The pictures of the drinking is certainly unflattering and doesn't help her cause at all IMO.

I hope she hasn't ended up in Vancouver. I know they are trying to clean it up especially with the Olympic Games coming but it has such a horrible reputation and I believe it is all too easy for a young girl to get herself caught up in that environment or worse yet...forced into it my someone who appeared to offer help only to put her to work. :frown:

Maz

Interesting I don't see Gavin Arnott as a friend on the Let's find Jodi group although he posted a couple comments about her pictures...

Maz

ETA: He doesn't appear on Jodi's personal page either...

The pictures of the drinking is certainly unflattering and doesn't help her cause at all IMO.

I hope she hasn't ended up in Vancouver. I know they are trying to clean it up especially with the Olympic Games coming but it has such a horrible reputation and I believe it is all too easy for a young girl to get herself caught up in that environment or worse yet...forced into it my someone who appeared to offer help only to put her to work. :frown:

Maz

That's exactly what I fear.

Time to go home sweet girl. Call your mom Jodi, she needs to hear from you.

Maz

Still no new news on Jodi. :banghead:

What is going on here? Has everyone just decided they are leaving it up to the next person to find her!? I just can't believe that more isn't being done to locate her.

ARRRRRRRGH!!!

Maz

I have no idea why there is no news about Jodi. It's so sad. I did want to thank those of you who are keeping Jodi's thread on the first page and thinking about her everyday. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back