British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I know what you mean about the 90s!

-AK was a WITNESS before she accused Patrick L, from that point on she was at least a SUSPECT. AK demanded to speak to LE in the middle of the night and a couple of days later submitted a letter to them describing her 'thoughts' of what might have happened and what she was doing that night that she could remember. She also sent emails describing the day and night to family and friends. All of these statements are full of descrepancies and some outright lies imo. She was offered a translater and did not need one in her own opinion in the first interviews.

-The prosecution did not have to give a motive, mostly it was just speculation/theories/possible scenarios of what might have happened according to all the evidence and using logic.

-I don't think AK hated Meredith, maybe resentment/jealousy/dislike/indifference... probably some better descriptions anyway. I believe this may have started as a prank, as there has been some questions about AK doing this to another person in her past = pretending to kidnap a person or scare them while under disguise. I think it maybe started out that way to scare or intimidate Meredith... and escalated out of control.
I do believe Meredith was annoyed at AK's sanitary habits, activities with guys, and overall behavior... but not hate either.

-The evidence of clean-up and a staged break-in were large factors in case.
RG would not clean up other evidence and leave his all over the place. Why would a break-in be staged? How was this and the blood stains and Meredith's locked door not make AK suspicious when she first came home as she said? Why can RS and AK not remember exactly what they did that night except for proven lies? Why would they BOTH lie anyway, if innocent? There is AKs and Merediths DNA on a knife found at RS home... how could that happen if Meredith had eaten supper with RS as he claimed? Why would they both turn off their cell phones (unlike any other days) at the same time early that night? Where are the clothes and shoes she was wearing that night?
Much more stuff than you might imagine at first to consider imo.

BBM

This is why the case is so confusing. In the first bolded part I've seen contradictory statements.

The second bolded part I've never heard before.

I'm not saying you are incorrect, just that this case drives me batty with all of the contradictions in the evidence. :banghead:

BBM

This is why the case is so confusing. In the first bolded part I've seen contradictory statements.

I'm not saying you are incorrect, just that this case drives me batty with all of the contradictions in the evidence. :banghead:

I've never heard that before either ...

Has this case been followed here at W.S.? I have only seen a little about it as the trial came to a head this week. There seemed to be little forensic evidence pointing to her direct involvement in the murder. I can't help but feel sorry for her family as they seem so supportive and normal. Plus they convicted another guy earlier very quickly. :waitasec:

Any opinions?

Try the Perugia Murder Trial site and you can cruise tons of stuff. I looked at both this site and sites supporting AK... so I am not just biased to one side or the other. I believe the evidence/lying shows they both had something to do with the murder... what I am not sure of exactly. I do not believe this is a witch-hunt after sifting through the evidence/logic/and statements. I do believe she had a fair... if extra long trial. Her defense team did absolutely nothing to refute the evidence presented against her... instead relying on emotional appeals for her to be innocent. Why makes one wonder. This is an interesting case, if one wishes to dig deep into the evidence and statements made.

Hi thanks...is there a thread about Foxy Knoxy here at WS>?

I have followed this "case" sporadically...
seems like justice was served

I think she is guilty. I remember when the case first broke there were quite a few news stories about not so nice things she had done in her past. One I remember involved police and had something to do with fraternity row at UW. It's been so long that I can't remember any details but the impression I received of her was someone who was capable. I also think when drugs are involved, it doesn't matter how long you've known someone, you aren't thinking logically and violence is prevalent with drugs and alcohol.
I also thought and may be wrong that her parents were divorced before this happened and that was part of her "problems" whatever they were. I remember friends stating how she changed because of that.
The family hired PR people to help reshape her image here and when I saw the Dateline or 48 Hours piece about her I was amazed at how sanitized and saintly she was portrayed compared to initial reports.
I think her lack of emotion was a very big factor in her conviction and probably also a clue to her personality and her ability to be guilty of this crime.

BBM

Yes, I heard that same thing about her kidnapping and scaring someone as a "joke" in initial reports about her. What kind of freak thinks that is funny? I say she has a screw loose and is guilty.

I knew it would be guilty. I'm not convinced she did it. I'm disappointed in this verdict.

I am not.

As a Brit..all i can say is Justice for Meredith and her family at last.

Theres a lot of very happy people over here tonight :)

I think the way she changed her stories so many times is very telling

at one point she was accusing her boss, and claimed she was there and "saw" him rape Meredith?? and now he is suing her for defamation of character

Amanda Knox seemed so cocky and carefree in the beginning, like she didn't take this seriously

well now I guess she does

probably the food is better in Italian prisons <grin> so manga manga Amanda

ciao

IMO....AK never had a chance. The italian authorities were determined to lay this at her feet. Sorry, Amanda, that's what you get when you live in another country.....

:(

No offence..but ..if you dont want to get life in prison then dont kill people..its that simple really. I assume..that happens in America also.

what is this about the money they have to pay to victim's family, is this a civil suit to prevent profiting from her death?

Both Merediths family is suing is and so is Patrick Lumbaba the innocent guy she tried to frame for the murder.

This is not over yet: There will be appeals. She has also been charged for accusing her boss Patrick, I don't know how this will proceed now though. I also heard her parents have been charged with defamation for statements they have made in the press but I'm not positive at the moment.

Patrick already has received money (8L I think) for being falsely arrested.

Oh thats right. Her place was sealed off...Yes they showed her shopping, picking up the lingerie, looking at it... They made a big deal out of it.

The shop keeper said she was looking at sexy lingerie and was talking to her bf about sex. I think given that her flat mate had just been slaughtered the shop keeper found it strange and that she apparently was giggling etc.

Because they hate her and it was one last little jab to make a point? I'm not being flippant (well, maybe a little), but that was my first thought when she got the extra year. It was just a little extra snub to her.

I personally thought it was because they believe she was the one who let Guede into the house. Possibly because she wasted police time by accusing an innocent man also.

Yes, I heard that same thing about her kidnapping and scaring someone as a "joke" in initial reports about her. What kind of freak thinks that is funny? I say she has a screw loose and is guilty.

That's a huge piece of evidence that makes me think she's guilty. JMO

I am not.

As a Brit..all i can say is Justice for Meredith and her family at last.

Theres a lot of very happy people over here tonight :)

There's the rub. It seems that a lot of belief in the verdict relies on what country your from. It seem that the Italians and Brits agree on the verdict and some Americans think it's a travesty of justice. IMO, that comes down to how the media cherry picks the evidence and the spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10