GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

Be very interesting to see what happens tmw. Been following this from start and feel for those in kapunda.

Can someone explain what happens tomorrow? He has said he was guilty so why not throw him in jail and lose the key? I did read if he comes back tmw with not guilty there will be a trial? So really what is tmw for? Sorry about all the questions, just not sure how it all works.

Be very interesting to see what happens tmw. Been following this from start and feel for those in kapunda.

Can someone explain what happens tomorrow? He has said he was guilty so why not throw him in jail and lose the key? I did read if he comes back tmw with not guilty there will be a trial? So really what is tmw for? Sorry about all the questions, just not sure how it all works.

Maybe for final sentencing ..... that's all I can think of.

Hi,

Sentencing submission presented today. Meaning prosecution puts forward their case with info, established facts, impact statements (by the way, some will be presented personally by family/friends) and others presented by prosection on behalf of others, photos of crime scene etc etc. Then defence put forward their case, no doubt attempting to have sentencing reduced. After which Judge will pass sentence. It is the non-parole that most are wondering about. Am positive will be given life, but the non-parole is the key. As for change of plea, am sure will not come about. The matter was raised at directions hearing but even defence gave indication that no change will come about. May be over cautious move of prosection which is understandable. Having said that, judge indicatated will seek confirmation of plea this hearing again to move forward without error. Will let you know outcome asap. Will be very emotional and tense day. Rowe family should hold their heads high for their conduct, stoic nature and family support for each other.

Jealousy turned weedy teen into 'superhuman' killer, court told

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/jeal...-court-told-20120326-1vu12.html#ixzz1qCTj38tp

Jason Alexander Downie, 20, allegedly stabbed Andrew and Rose Rowe and their daughter Chantelle, 16, at least 112 times in their home in the South Australian town in November 2010

So sad, so brutal ......

Jason Downie confirms Kapunda triple-murder guilt; Adelaide Supreme Court told details of Rowe family killings

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ple-murder-guilt/story-e6frea83-1226310033674

Can anyone who was there today give a bit of a summary of what went on? I saw quick snippets on the channel 9 news but it was all too quick to absorb.

Well i just read a few articles online, no doubt more detailed info will probably come out. The whole thing of how it all panned out is a little baffling. They said the parents were killed first then Chantelle and that he broke into the house. What was he thinking, did he really think he would not get caught or not end up in jail for life? Still a of un answered questions for me

He parked his car around corner of the street. (NB eye witness can confirm he was seen driving up and down their street during the afternoon) Broke in through a bathroom window. Even though it was not made perfectly clear as to the exact sequence of events, as even investigators are not clear, this is what could be viewed as a summary. He attacked Channy, parents alerted, went to her aid as both parent's blood over Channy's bedroom door, all up the hall, over walls and floor, over kitchen where they finally perished. Father at end of kitchen bench and mother near sliding door. There was mention but not entered into fully, that there was an enormous pool of blood under Channy's bed, so seems that she may have survived initial attack and tried to hide, he murdered parent's then went back to then rape and murder her. He then changed her clothes and left her damaged clothing on her bed. There was even evidence he had stabbed them after death.

He has lied to all and sundry right from the off, changing his story many times and inventing stuff. Nothing from here is in the exact order but is an outline of some of his bull****. He has never been to their house, he visited a couple times, visited many times. He injured his hand and arms from a bicycle accident, he hurt himself through a motorbike accident. He did not have much contact with Channy yet records show she contacted her many times through facebook. He wrote to his mother that he was a suspicious man in town the night of the murders, he told his brother that he knew the person who committed the crime. He even wrote to his mother that he did visit the house the night of the murders and that he saw front door open, went in, saw Channy injured and that she pleaded for help and that he held her in his arms and she died (that lie I find the most revolting) and that he didn't call 000 because he was scared but that he was sorry he didn't. (what utter filth). Channy had always maintained, and evidence clearly shows she had not encouraged nor wanted his attention. However, she did make it clear she wanted to remain friendly with him as he was her current boyfriend's friend. She had raised concerns with a couple of people about his constant, unwanted, attention.

His final story and the one defence seem to want to continue with is that he wanted to confront Channy's boyfriend as he was jealous of their relationship. But this is where, again, his story does not make sense. Downie had visited the boyfriend's (also Downie's friend at that time) home that Sunday afternoon, after Channy had visited but gone home with her mum because she felt unwell. Her boyfriend said directly to Downie that he would not visit Channy that evening as she was so unwell. So, why 'confront' him at the Rowe's home after he was told the bf was not even visiting? If he really wanted to 'confront' the lad why go to Rowe's and not straight to his house? Why enter the Rowe's home via a window? Why park car around the corner?

He showed no remorse whatever. He even scowled and narrowed his eyes and sneered at some and shook head incredulously at other comments. Defence tried to say that he is coming to terms with his actions and that perhaps immaturity lead to such behaviour and that maturity might see him rehabilitated........WTF......sorry.... My opinion is that if someone who seemed so quiet, shy, no fuss and pleasant can blindside everyone he knows with such monsterous behaviour and then blunder his way through lies until caught, one can only imagine how deceitful and vicious he could become with a bit more experience and maturity.....such a monster is too horrible to imagine. It lied to his mother, brother, family, police, friends, co-wokers and medical staff.......yeah, he can really become a changed man.

Sorry, this is only an outline, but is what can be offered just now. The impact statements were harrowing and touching all at the same time. My heart goes out to all involved in this horror story.

Thanks for the outline. Does anyone know whether the transcript will be made available at All?

Also he is an outright psychopath just from what you have said happened in court. I hope he is being "looked after" in jail.

Forgot to mention also that during that awful night Channy's bf texted her but it was intercepted by it. It attempted to answer the message to make it look like she responded but the bf did not rec. message because her phone had run out of credit.....the phone has not been recovered to date.

Never to be released I say, dump into mainstream gaol and left for the rest of its days.

Thanks for that. I like how your refer to downie as 'it'

He was 18, old enough to do the crime old enough to do the time. Yes he probably was lacking maturity but thats no excuse or reason for a lighter punishment.

Would like to know why he re dressed her in clean clothes.

Did they ever find the murder weapon? Did he take his own weapon to the house?

There was absolutley no way he could have gotten away with it. Soon as the were considering DNA testing the whole town, the net was closing in on him. Even if he fled interstate, they still would have got him in the end.

All such a stupid thing to do. 3 lives gone and he f*@7ed his own up to. Maybe he did not even care if he ended up in jail for the rest of his life?

If anyone has any more details from yesterday of finds any new articles please post them here.

More info here

https://aussiecriminals.wordpress.c...s-jason-downie-own-up-kapunda-triple-murders/

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...wnie-murder-case/story-e6frea83-1226310790254

And a video called 'chilling insight' on Adelaide now which is from channel Ten. Make sure you check that out. Might be on you tube too?

Ok just got the link
ttp://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2215333272/Chilling-Insight

Hi,

He told police recently where clothes and weapons were. Clothes found but weapons not. Not conclusive if he went armed or not and there appeared to be nothing missing from home itself. Location of clothing not mentioned in court. No reason given for him redressing Channy (creepy freak maybe). It has said little to nothing and that is why even now the details are not exact. He has mislead and lied about so much and even said himself on numerous occasions that he lies a lot. That was one of the problems his mother had with him.

In that video i just posted it says that about the liying. So i guess the reason there is not many more details is because hes refusing to speak and liying all the time he does say anything.

Apparantly on the court SA site there may be a transcript in a few days?

What must his mother thinK? Gotta feel sorry for her too.

Apparantly on the court SA site there may be a transcript in a few days?.

Is that written somewhere on the site? I've been trying to see whether that or coroners report was up but not sure whether will be released or not.

It was mentioned in the comments in the aussie criminals link i posted above.

The 'chilling insight' video is indeed quite chilling. I found a few more articles on adelaide now. Some of the lies he told were just plain stupid. He said it was a man in black clothes and a green shopping bag that did it. Yeah right!

You gotta watch out what the media is saying too. Already several articles have conflicting info and some have exagerated/twisted words a bit. There was one were it said they 'think' the mother was quite possibly attacked while crawling on hands and knees and then another article says that in more definite terms. Same old thing with the media i guess though. You need to get your info from various sources.

By the sounds of it we may never know the full story or anything close to it as Jason is not speaking the truth and has been telling lies all along.

GOOD GOD. I am glad he has admitted guilt, but it hardly helps does it? Now to sentencing. Life without the possibility of parole .. anything less than that would be a threat to public safety - this kid .. well .. I have no words. Terrifying. Even if there is the possibility of parole I hope he never gets out or is 'taken care of' in prison. Awful. Thoughts go to Christopher as always. xoxoxo

They already said they wont be pursuing life with out parole (according to the articles online). Apparantly this case does not reach the bar set by the bodies in the barrels case and the fact that he was young, with no prior criminal history and pleaded guilty, supposedly gets a lighter sentence and is taken into consideration. I like the comment on Aussie criminals where someone said 3 life sectences with parole ment he could look to the future and possible get out at 78 and give him something to live for. If theres no parole, then he may just give up and commit suicide in prison early on and escape it all easily. I think he should be made to suffer many years in there. Although it costs us to keep him there and he will probably get to watch TV and stuff, i still think it would be pretty miserable in there and will be a big change from this guys teenage life which he was still enjoing at the time. Its not like he had 10 years as a hardend criminal under his belt already and had been in an out of juvy already. He will surely suffer in there.

I cant seem to download that letter for some reason. Has it been removed?
Yep looks like its been pulled already damn. Cant find it anywhere, its been removed o reckon. Did anyone save the PDF? I would really like a copy thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back