Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mom is a pediatric rn at tucson medical center if that helps with anything idk, also from sources very close to the mom, the mom and dad seen her in her bed friday night at 11:30 then the dad went to get her up for baseball at about 8am Saturday and found her gone, then called her mom at about 8:15 at the hospital where the mom was at work, so she left immediately and went home....this is from what was told to me.

Thanks..so whatever happened was somewhere between when mom went to work or bed time and when she left (if she didn't check on her) Im sure she would have heard if she was showering/getting ready etc. narrows the time for LE a little bit unless it was the midnight shift..but for some reason i keep thinking nurses can start at 3 am?

My niece was a sleepwalker.

What are the chances that Isabel was asleep in the back of Mom's car when Mom went to work... then woke up and got out of the car before Mom got the call?

Hope they're searching around the Medical Center too. There are a lot of buildings and courtyards there.

Her mom is a pediatric rn at tucson medical center if that helps with anything idk, also from sources very close to the mom, the mom and dad seen her in her bed friday night at 11:30 then the dad went to get her up for baseball at about 8am Saturday and found her gone, then called her mom at about 8:15 at the hospital where the mom was at work, so she left immediately and went home....this is from what was told to me.

TMC is very close to the house. A quick 5 minutes or so. It's one of the largest hospitals in town and one that virtually all long-time Tucsonans have some connection to for a birth, a trip to the ER, whatever.

I'd like to know the condition of her bedding. My suspicion is that the police feel it does not appear as though she comfortably slipped out of it voluntarily. But it's also possible that in the panic to find her the family stripped the bedding away as though she were hiding in it.

OT just a bit (sorry mods)

Wouldn't it be great if all realtors/people with houses for rent were REQUIRED to inform prospective tenants/buyers of the presence of RSO's in a close vicinity ?

I know they are required to inform buyers/tenants if anyone has been murdered or killed themselves in a property...why not this too ? It is public record,online in most or all states.... hmmm this could be my summer project :)

My wife and all my in-laws are RNs at different hospitals. For the most part they do 12 hour shifts that change at 7a and 7p. So you leave at 6a or 6p depending on your shift.

Some hospitals are different and I guess it's possible she works at a Doctors office and not a hospital.

I am very curious about the charges made to person in house the day before her disappearance?

local roads locked down

Efforts to find missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis continued Sunday morning, with Tucson Police locking down the neighborhood near East Broadway and Craycroft roads.

another snip (family immediately called 911)

Celis' father went into her bedroom to wake her up the next morning only to find her missing from her bedroom. The family dialed 9-1-1 at 8 a. a.m. Saturday

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17652635/search-continues-sunday-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

Anyone with information on Celis is urged to call 9-1-1 immediately.

Meanwhile, the parents of first-grader Isabel Mercedes Celis attended a morning Mass as friends and neighbors joined in the search.
"They were very upset," said Leon Mazza, a deacon at St. Joseph Parish, which is a short walk from their home. "We didn't ask for any information. We just let them know if they need help, come see us."
Parish priest Miguel Mariano said the family regularly attends Mass and said he asked the parents if they needed any help from the congregation. "And then they said, 'No, Father, just prayers," Mariano said.
The couple hurried off, saying they were going to meet with police.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...on-for-missing-6-year-old-girl/#ixzz1snTVFVEy
mom works at a hospital

Karen Hebert, a registered nurse at Tucson Medical Center, said Sunday that she has worked with the girl's mother for the past six months. Hebert, with help from her dog, planned to help with the search.
"She talks very highly about her kids, how smart they are, how playful they are. She just lights up and smiles when she's talking about them," Hebert said. "With all the hurt I'm feeling, I can't imagine what they're going through."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...on-for-missing-6-year-old-girl/#ixzz1snTgNRq5

On Sunday morning, the street was still cordoned off by police who were keeping anyone but residents out, and the alley that runs on one side also was blocked off. A home on the street of small, older single-family brick homes was surrounded by yellow police tape, while a group of people outside one home talked with a police officer.
Volunteers were manning an outpost set up near the family home

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...on-for-missing-6-year-old-girl/#ixzz1snTpqyry

(aside: omgosh did fox news just have the most detailed article yet? :eek:)

What time did mom go to work?

The last time the child was seen was in her bed at 11 pm. So mom left sometime after that, correct?

I am an RN... I just posted an article upstream that she works at a hospital and got the call at work...

hospitals work 12 hour shifts 7a-7p (she most likely left around 6ish am in order to get there, get stuff around, get ready for report)

moo as a nurse

eta: not sure if she got the call at work

I did ask and was told the brothers are around 10 and 14, was told this from the moms coworker

it seems there was absolutely no hesitation in dialing 911 (I am thinking father noticed something wrong right away re: what has been reported about the window)

http://www.kvoa.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-6-year-old-girl-sunday-morning/

According to the Tucson Police press release, the father went to wake her at 8 and she wasn't there. Searched the house, and police were called at 8:13am.

So, they didn't waste much time at all searching outside, down the street, etc. Seems the family is very confident she didn't sleepwalk outside or anything along those lines.

I am going to double check with the other nurse on if the mom was at work or no t when she went missing ...maybe I misunderstood the other nurse I asked.

I did ask and was told the brothers are around 10 and 14, was told this from the moms coworker

They probably sleep really soundly. At least the 14 yr old probably does. I had to use a bullhorn to wake mine up at that age.

It sure is bold of someone to enter a home with an entire family inside sleeping. I wonder if they were familiar with the family already,and knew what to expect.

Was there a family dog? It is times like this that I appreciate my German Shepherd.

I am very curious about the charges made to person in house the day before her disappearance?

The charges were from an incident on 4-13-2012 and are related to one of their dogs running loose. Not related IMO...

For those needing flyers I read this on Find Isabel's facebook.

There is a group at the OfficeMax with flyers and then there is a candlelight vigil tonight at 730p. Please spread the word. #AmberAlert Find Missing Isabel Celis #missing #missingChildren

Craycroft/Broadway

O/T I've been cooking all morning while trying to catch any news. Gd's birthday. Will have to leave for a while.

The charges were from an incident on 4-13-2012 and are related to one of their dogs running loose. Not related IMO...

Criminal charges over a dog? :waitasec: although that would explain the citation numbers...hum..

Even if she wasn't afraid...why would she go outside at that hour? Pet? Was she mad at her parents for some kind of discipline? Sleep walking?
If it was an intruder, how can we reach the young parents about the safety they need to take? So many young adults/parents don't watch the news and have no idea, imo. Send pamphlets home with the children from school? Would they still "get it"? IDK!!??? It just never stops and perps are so dang brazen anymore it makes your head spin.

Prayers they find her....soon. ie: pierced ears also

I must have missed something. Do the police think she went outside by herself? As for the parents, what makes you think they didn't take safety precautions? Were details stated in the media about this? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88