***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does give one pause to wonder -- are some of these cases connected? Such as -- could this young lady's case be connected in anyway with the monster who abducted Morgan Harrington? What about Britney D. (sp) -- was that a local predator, or is there someone who haunts areas where young people are. Someone who finds work near colleges (as a poster here has already postulated). Could it be someone who makes his living selling drugs to students and combines his work with his predatory needs?

I beg to differ. Our bars close at 2am (3am if they pay LE). I worked at a 24 gas station for 3 years when I was 19-22. People run ALL THE TIME, especially at 2a.m. and even more when they are drunk, especially when they are younger!! I run drunk and sober at 2a.m. I've RAN in to pre-pay for other people and I've RAN when I've been by myself b/c I was nervous or just b/c I wanted to get home/to the next party. Also, when someone says "RUN"....people tend to start running lol

Does Circle K sell liquor? Do they have a time they have to quit selling (and do they abide)?!

Yes, see my earlier post. All stores/bars have to stop selling at 2am. I've actually ran into that Circle K on occasion to get beer before cut off time.

I am very new to this site. I have been thinking about the lack of information from the family, media, and LE. Could it be because they are hoping that the perp thinks they have "forgotten?" Maybe he/she/it would slip up in their air of confidence that they got away with this? In essence, giving the perp enough rope to hang him/her-self.:worms:

I am very new to this site. I have been thinking about the lack of information from the family, media, and LE. Could it be because they are hoping that the perp thinks they have "forgotten?" Maybe he/she/it would slip up in their air of confidence that they got away with this? In essence, giving the perp enough rope to hang him/her-self.:worms:

That surely could be the reason for silence.
Hope so and that there will be a break in the case to bring Mickey home soon.

There are a few unresolved questions i still have. :dunno:
June 1, 2012 there was a post about Mickey being on video after Circle K. Think it was around funeral home......
:waitasec:
Also, IIRC there was a post about a pic of 2 bikers stopped and appeared to be talking in the parking lot of the M&C funeral home.
What ever was concluded about that pic to help locate Mickey? :waiting:

May Mickey come home soon. :angel: God bless Mickey and her family.

Yes, I watch the traffic cams at times and see all the white trucks. I have been scanning through logos of companies in the Lafayette area as well as various types of work trucks trying to pinpoint something that seems to match.

I realize it's a longshot but not exactly a lot to go on right now.

Hey Island Hopper - I so agree that this truck should be examined top to bottom for any logo or distinctive identifier. I'm glad to see that local business logos are being looked at for comparison. BIG THANKS!!!

Since you have been looking at this closely, I want to see if you think if the dark mark on the passenger front door might be part of a logo. It's probably a shadow from the road sign, but I keep coming back to the mark and I wonder if in fact there's a half arch type of marking with smaller print low and to the right of the mark.

Picture-2.jpg

Also, the lettering on the tool box -- any progress on what it might say?

Lafayette parish bars stop selling liquor at 2am; there are some area parishes that bars can stay open later than 2am.

Jay, are you meaning AM? 2:00 AM? Or am I out in left field again, mashing my glove?

Cajun Girl, :what: Yes mem, sorry I meant AM.

Thank you so much, and I am correcting. :rocker:

Yes, see my earlier post. All stores/bars have to stop selling at 2am. I've actually ran into that Circle K on occasion to get beer before cut off time.

That's odd to me, b/c I've never been cut off from buying at 2am. It might be a law, but I didn't know it was really enforced...?

i guess i'm falling victim to the bystander effect. i feel like they are getting so many calls about white trucks that aren't trucks that fit the description that they aren't going to follow up on the license plate number of a truck that does fit the description, ya know. so i'm sort of feeling like i shouldn't even bother. they should be able to pull up all the white trucks registered in LA with those descriptions anyway.

ACI has already pulled up with LA DMV all white trucks with the very specific description. IIRC there were only 3 registered in Lafayette parish. :waitasec: When ACI contacted the owners, not one had been contacted for questioning by LE or the family's PI. :what:

That's odd to me, b/c I've never been cut off from buying at 2am. It might be a law, but I didn't know it was really enforced...?

Mmmm - I've never seen it NOT enforced at anywhere not a bar. Not one time.

Maybe your watch needs some repair?? lol

:innocent:

So if I need to buy a 6-pack of beer after 2 a.m. in Lafayette, where do I go?

Just my opinion, but a lot of little things add up for me to point toward the idea that the family/LE think they're onto a lead solid enough that public assistance is no longer required. This could mean one of many things - alive/not alive - maybe building a case against someone - maybe having already cut a deal with someone - maybe several other things.

But the silence is deafening, and I pair that with what I consider a notable lack of requests from the family, the PI, or LE for any more public input than they already have.

I am hoping/thinking that the silence may be building to some sort of resolution.

before i comment on chickenfried's comment, i want to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July and thank anyone who has served and protected our country. :fireworks:

on a more depressing note, i was feeling that maybe they were closing in on someone about 2 weeks ago due to the silence. however, they've been silent for quite a while now. i just don't see how it could take so long??

also, i woke up this morning to my house being a mess, so i told the kids that they had to pitch in and help clean up. i explained that it would go much faster and they'd have a more pleasant mother this way. you wouldn't believe how quickly the ENTIRE house was cleaned. the floors and countertops etc. too it freed up some of my time while the baby napped so i could do baseboards and some ironing and sew that missing button back on. if they wouldn't have helped out, i would have never gotten around to those pesky little to do list items that seem to stay on a to do list forever.

this got me thinking about ACI. there are alot of leads and it only takes one to be the right one. however, LE is obviously busy with shootings, robberies, etc., so they are like me, they need help to get around to "the baseboards". so they've got Abdella. but if they let ACI help out, they'd be able to get around to even "sewing that button back on". I don't see why they can't work together on this in order to accomplish much more.

I pray that the Shunicks reconsider their hasty decision. If one of my daughters was missing, i'd want help from EVERYONE and I wouldn't be buying into that "it could hinder the investigation" crap. That's a bunch of BS!

Also, i would be airing out every detail of my daughter's activities of the day she went missing in hopes of it connecting some dots. What have they got to lose? No one is saying ugly things about Mickey. We all think she's a sweet innocent young lady, so why not get more details out there?

ACI has already pulled up with LA DMV all white trucks with the very specific description. IIRC there was only 3 registered in Lafayette parish. :waitasec: When ACI contacted the owners, not one had been contacted for questioning by LE or the family's PI. :what:

i think he only pulled up Lafayette the city. Maybe after he was hired and before he was let go he did the the whole parish?

Carries a flat trailer. black truck, obviously.
The wheel well is square.

Attachments

• big black Silverado with Square wheel well.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • big black Silverado with Square wheel well2.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • big black Silverado with Square wheel well3.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • big black Silverado with Square wheel well4.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • big black Silverado with Square wheel well5.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
the trailer and the trailer hitch.

Attachments

• big black Silverado with Square wheel well6.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • big black Silverado with Square wheel well7.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Mmmm - I've never seen it NOT enforced at anywhere not a bar. Not one time.

Maybe your watch needs some repair?? lol

:innocent:

So if I need to buy a 6-pack of beer after 2 a.m. in Lafayette, where do I go?

Pretty sure I have bought at both the River Ranch CVS and the Ambassador Walmart. When did this law go into effect? Maybe it was before then? Idk??

It's written on her FB page by the owner of the page..."Let's hope she gets set free on this independence day!". Is she being held in captivity? Sex slave human trafficking ring ordeal? That's how I take it...

There are a few unresolved questions i still have. :dunno:
June 1, 2012 there was a post about Mickey being on video after Circle K. Think it was around funeral home......
:waitasec:
Also, IIRC there was a post about a pic of 2 bikers stopped and appeared to be talking in the parking lot of the M&C funeral home.
What ever was concluded about that pic to help locate Mickey? :waiting:

May Mickey come home soon. :angel: God bless Mickey and her family.

i heard that yes there was video beyond then no there wasn't then yes there was then no there wasn't. so i think the latest is that no, there isn't video of Mickey past the Circle K

I have never heard of the 2 bikers talking picture?? can anyone help out with this one?

It's written on her FB page by the owner of the page..."Let's hope she gets set free on this independence day!". Is she being held in captivity? Sex slave human trafficking ring ordeal? That's how I take it...

I am sure they have no idea...but the only one they can cling to is that Mickey is being help hostage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361