MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....the sketch came because he was hanging around the gas station a few hours before the abduction...

So he was likely there working himself up for it a bit, which implies he had been thinking about it for at least a few weeks...
Huh? I haven't heard he was hanging around a few hours before. If so that changes my way of thinking. Do you have a link?

Personally i'd like to see this forum continue its work on identifying RSO's within 45 minutes proximity from that gas station with the right attributes and history-

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-he...olice-911-call/story?id=19073171#.UYaz90pfmvk

" An employee at a store adjacent to the gas station saw the 25-year-old mother there only hours before she vanished last Friday night. Christian VanAntwerpen watched a man in a silver minivan approach Heeringa when she was at a gas pump.

"He was just like, 'Hey, what are you doing over here? Aren't you supposed to be inside?' Just kind of being real flirty, weird about it," VanAntwerpen told ABC News. "

From what I understand it was this guy* that later provided the description of the suspect-

Quite honestly, I can't believe there is anyone in this area who isn't aware of the case, the POI sketch and the van. Posters are plastered at gas stations, restaurants, on peoples car windows...it's on tv, radio, the internet. I don't see LE bothering to inform hunters. I can't remember anything that has ever affected this community like this. It's almost like you see when a natural disaster hits, or something like Boston. While there are some real dumbasses around here for sure, mostly everyone is working toward bringing Jessica home. Not only do we all want this for Jessica and her family, but we all have to live, work and go to school here. We want this creep behind bars.

Sorry..didn't mean to get off on a tangent. Unless you are here, though, I don't think you can understand the saturation.

Glad to hear that the word is sufficiently out there! I sure wish something would come of it!

Huh? I haven't heard he was hanging around a few hours before. If so that changes my way of thinking. Do you have a link?
One of Bessies posts gave me an idea on how to create links. She bookmarks what she wants then posts it later. I will try to create a link for you.

Brainstorming / Reviewing thoughts:

1. Local Perp
2. Single Perp (one person in the vehicle?)
3. Possible Occupations: Truck Driver, Sales Person, Vendor/Delivery Driver, Plant/Industrial Worker, Construction
4. Possibly Divorced with kids every other weekend, or lives alone or with another RSO or with parents, maybe lives at a motel, cabin, isolated residence, basement?
5. Lives and/or works close by (radius?)
6. Has a Criminal Record, possibly Robbery, other violent crimes, RSO
7. Has an interest in young females, blondes
8. May have tattoos (JH does)
9. Physically strong?
10. May have recently missed work
11. May have recently changed his appearance
12. May have had a fire recently to dispose of evidence
13. Hunter, Fisherman?
14. May smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco
15. May have physical injuries (scratches, cuts, bruises)
16. May own a gun and/or other weapons
17. May be a regular drinker (what about liquor stores! Wonder who came in to buy booze that day in the area...unfortunately many business don't retain their video surveillance for that long :()
18. May work out at the gym next door
19. May play guitar??
20. May have taken a "vacation" on Friday

*everything is pure speculation

** since he is described as being at least 30, chances are he has committed a very similar crime before. Could be many years ago. Unsolved similar abductions?
Goodness..guitar keeps coming up. (in my pattern I see) I feel like he may not play, but is interested. Like he may not have his own talent..aggghhh..I do not know. It just is a thought.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-he...olice-911-call/story?id=19073171#.UYaz90pfmvk

" An employee at a store adjacent to the gas station saw the 25-year-old mother there only hours before she vanished last Friday night. Christian VanAntwerpen watched a man in a silver minivan approach Heeringa when she was at a gas pump.

"He was just like, 'Hey, what are you doing over here? Aren't you supposed to be inside?' Just kind of being real flirty, weird about it," VanAntwerpen told ABC News. "

From what I understand it was this guy* that later provided the description of the suspect-

No. A female co-worker gave the physical description to LE. She was watching the suspicious van and was able to see the perp in the van as it drove by. The male, Chris, did not visually see the interaction, he only heard it. IMO.

Well....the sketch came because he was hanging around the gas station a few hours before the abduction...

So he was likely there working himself up for it a bit, which implies he had been thinking about it for at least a few weeks...

I am pretty sure that is NOT where the sketch came from.

No. A female co-worker gave the physical description to LE. She was watching the suspicious van and was able to see the perp in the van as it drove by. The male, Chris, did not visually see the interaction, he only heard it. IMO.

Thank you for clearing that up....

It doesn't sound like she would of got a clear look at his face...so I once again bring up TAH...If I recognized his resemblance to the sketch with him inside a silver town and country, I feel more confident

Please reference pages 5-7 if you aren't familiar with TAH, although some of my posts were deleted due to breaking the forum rules.

I am local from the area....

Lake Harbor park was quoted as having a river run through it, not so much the case... It is the Mona Lake Channel dumping into Lake Michigan, a relatively small park that is well traveled.

I think the sand dune dumping is also out. I am unsure if any of you have ever attempted to climb a dune before, some are difficult and would be impossible to climb with a body..... To force someone to climb a dune would be hard and not worth the risk of getting caught.

Hoffmaster state park is closed at night, there entrance would be gated. Although you can get past the gate I do not think he/she would risk leaving the vehicle outside the gate.

Has anyone heard if LLL has been cleared?

I hate when I have nothing to post...it gives me the feeling that the trail is going cold...I hope that's not the case here.

ok...here's a thought.

Are there a lot of turkey hunters out now? Has the regular turkey hunting season begun? I think, IIRC, that it was special permit hunting the saturday after she went missing? I assume a license is required for such hunting, perhaps LE should do a reverse 911 call to those with turkey hunting license to ask them to keep their eye out for anything suspicious. Or, is there another way to reach the hunters?

Good idea. I remember in past cases hunters have been notified to be on the look out. Hunters have also found things in the past. Is there an online forum for hunting in Michigan? It would be worth posting a note as a reminder. While there is a lot of attention to this case and local awareness, it couldn't hurt... I was dumbfounded at how many local people didn't know about Jessica's case (Ridgeway) and there were fliers everywhere.

Hunters know. Nobody you are going to tell online through a hunting forum has been able to avoid news.

I thought I read a post here that LLL was cleared...

Yes, this is correct. The guitar store worker, male, overheard a verbal interaction between the POI and Jessica, a couple of hours before she disappeared. He was at the Exxon, to buy snacks or something...don't remember the details. The POI pulled up in the van when Jessica was outside, possibly changing the receipt tape in the pump. So this guy, IMO, reinforced the description of the van given by the coworker and her husband, but did not contribute to the description of the POI. He did, however, state that he would recognize the voice because of something distinctive.

Because there are three separate witness IDs on the van, as well as 2 videos of a van matching the witness description very close by right around the time Jessica disappeared, I believe this is why LE is so confident that the van is involved. Also strengthening the van involvement are several other gas stations in the area reporting such a van skulking around and watching the female employees, basically creeping people out.

and without being insulting...no hunter is going to step over a body in the woods because they aren't sure if its a missing girl or not...

I hate when I have nothing to post...it gives me the feeling that the trail is going cold...I hope that's not the case here.

ok...here's a thought.

Are there a lot of turkey hunters out now? Has the regular turkey hunting season begun? I think, IIRC, that it was special permit hunting the saturday after she went missing? I assume a license is required for such hunting, perhaps LE should do a reverse 911 call to those with turkey hunting license to ask them to keep their eye out for anything suspicious. Or, is there another way to reach the hunters?

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_10958_10969-248687--,00.html

Poor turkeys. :chicken: (Close as I could get.)

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518-30036--,00.html

Man, this is complicated - still can't find the official dates of the season. The above is about zones and times.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518-148773--,00.html

People can get limited licenses - still can't make out the official season dates.

I give up.

I am local from the area....

Lake Harbor park was quoted as having a river run through it, not so much the case... It is the Mona Lake Channel dumping into Lake Michigan, a relatively small park that is well traveled.

I think the sand dune dumping is also out. I am unsure if any of you have ever attempted to climb a dune before, some are difficult and would be impossible to climb with a body..... To force someone to climb a dune would be hard and not worth the risk of getting caught.

Hoffmaster state park is closed at night, there entrance would be gated. Although you can get past the gate I do not think he/she would risk leaving the vehicle outside the gate.

Has anyone heard if LLL has been cleared?

Well thanks for clearing that up...I was the one who talked about that park. The channel is really shallow and I didn't exactly know what to call it

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Kelli Bordeaux case out of Fayetteville, NC. She's a young 20s, petite, blond soldier that went missing in April 2012.
She was out Friday night at a neighborhood bar. On her way home, between there and her apartment less than a mile away, she vanished. She has not been found. There are details I'm not getting into as, for the purpose of this post, they don't matter.

LE informed the public that they had developed a victim's profile on Kelli that gave them information about her personality. This is an area of specialty police work. The vicitm profile was a new concept to me (there's a touchy idea about anything said about the victim isn't holding true to being victim friendly, so why would LE need to know anything about the victim because, afterall, they're the victim and are not to blame for what happened to them phenomenon.). As it turns out, LE wants to know facts about the victim - their personality type, lifestyle, risks they are willing to take and/or routinely took, if they lean towards thinking they are invincible. Before anyone gets upset with me, this is what I've learned from LE's investigation. Their purpose isn't to blame the victim. It's an effort to profile the victim to help see, picture, define what may have happened to the victim by highlighting their vulnerablities and ego type/boundaries. This helps get an idea of who they may have attracked and why.

The above description is to help point out a commonality that's been mentioned between these two young women. One is that everyone who knew Kelli said she was outgoing, fearless, friendly, bold, brave - not a shrinking violet type. Although small, she was tough, smart and considered a leader type. She was talkative and an equal opportunity type of person (those are my words, meaning she wasn't judgmental and would probably give most people the benefit of the doubt).

We haven't heard too much about Jessica but we know her grandpa called her scrappy (she's a fighter) and her mother stated that Jessica felt she could take care of herself. SH was not to worry about bad people getting to Jessica when working alone at night. Also noted, is that Jessica is friendly, outgoing, helpful, talkative and possibly an equally trusting person as noted above about Kelli.

These are my amateur observations in the area of victim profiling but, since the topic is interesting imo, thought I'd make this post. Also, my posts are basically rough drafts. Please forgive bad sentence structure and other errors or I'd be here all day. :blushing:
Interesting. Very interesting, because I think who Jessica was is key. 25 shared cell phine (not odd just not "normal" for 25 yo.) She doesn't take tons of."selfies" meaning what? I am not sure) I just personally have too many perhaps. (basing on the amount of pics we have seen) I guess meaning she is beautiful but perhaps doesn't realize it..

I don't know where I am going. Just things I noticed based on my loved ones, and my own life.

Hunters know. Nobody you are going to tell online through a hunting forum has been able to avoid news.

I thought I read a post here that LLL was cleared...

We don't know which RSO have been cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans