Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was said that the freak necessarily smelled clean like he'd just showered, but was reported that he had no smells of booze, cigarettes, or fragrances.

Thanks Txsvicki for clarifying that for me. I must be thinking of someone else.

Are there any updates on the case from LE?

You can always go to the City of Reno site to check for updates. :) I am not aware of any tho. Things might be in the works to capture him, but we won't know until they have him in custody. Personally, I can hardly wait for that day.

I think he is very much still in Reno and is living his life quite normally...which he has done all along. I also believe he has been on the internet continuously and has inserted himself in this case through various avenues.

His wife/SO isn't suspicious because his behavior has not changed during this whole time frame. He is still doing exactly what he always has done with the family and work. This is why he has been difficult to find, but he has made mistakes which will come back to haunt him.
The only thing I question about him still being in the Reno area is if he's always been there why just start with the crimes in November? Or could he be that young that these are his first ones?

The only thing I question about him still being in the Reno area is if he's always been there why just start with the crimes in November? Or could he be that young that these are his first ones?
There is a possibility these are his first actual rapes. There could have been date rapes before he was married tho. Maybe the thoughts have been there, but he is now acting on them stemming from a major event or mental break of sorts from the fantasy into reality. I don't see this guy paying a hooker either. He wants to exert his control and to inflict fear plus pain on real victims, imo.

I think there could be a connection between internet rape fantasy sites/*advertiser censored* and this particular perp. When they do catch him, I won't be surprised to find his computers/electronic devices at work and home have been used to access such sites, but I think he is smart enough not to keep a collection of images on them. Too bad LE cannot work backwards from such sites easily.

There is a possibility these are his first actual rapes. There could have been date rapes before he was married tho. Maybe the thoughts have been there, but he is now acting on them stemming from a major event or mental break of sorts from the fantasy into reality. I don't see this guy paying a hooker either. He wants to exert his control and to inflict fear plus pain on real victims, imo.

I think there could be a connection between internet rape fantasy sites/*advertiser censored* and this particular perp. When they do catch him, I won't be surprised to find his computers/electronic devices at work and home have been used to access such sites, but I think he is smart enough not to keep a collection of images on them. Too bad LE cannot work backwards from such sites easily.
I agree with you. If he just started his crime spree in November, it might have been a result of the breakup of his marriage or long term relationship and these victims all resemble the "ex". I don't see him using prostitutes either unless it was for abducting, assaulting and killing them (like Green River killer) since they wouldn't be missed by family and no reports would be filed with LE.

I think he has a very active homelife with a SO/wife and has probably been married for quite some time.

No, I don't. I think him having his SO/wife is a huge part of him not being caught yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even attend church with her.

I agree in part, but I think he is too young to have a longtime partner. I dont see him over 25. There's a link between obscure behavior and eventually getting caught if you don't take it underground so to speak.

In other words, I think people accept a level of behavior as "those kids today", wheras in mainstream professional colleague land, that would be apparent.

The man I picture isn't close to 25 and he is established in the community. His friends, family, and business associates would never suspect him partly because this doesn't go with the description out there. I don't think he has changed anything as far as his facial hair or even the other part as it doesn't concern him.

I hear you, but then what age group fo you see, from what I have read, the profile does not exceed 30? Am I off?

The man I picture isn't close to 25 and he is established in the community. His friends, family, and business associates would never suspect him partly because this doesn't go with the description out there. I don't think he has changed anything as far as his facial hair or even the other part as it doesn't concern him.

This reminds me of BTK.

I hear you, but then what age group fo you see, from what I have read, the profile does not exceed 30? Am I off?
I think he is over 30 actually. They changed the profile once by raising the age and the size etc. I think she is still underestimating personally.

This reminds me of BTK.
Now that you mention it, in the profile I am coming up with...he does have similar characteristics of BTK.

However, if you really think about who wrote the "rule" book on evading capture, taunting LE, and living within the community for so long before being apprehended, it was BTK. Why couldn't the man doing these crimes closely follow such cases? He could find a fascination with that as much as visiting fantasy rape sites. It would all hold the same elements of power and control which excite him.

I gotta dig in on this one to support my theory, but at first glance I dont think the comparison to profiles applies to BTK.
First, all BTK vics were completely random, while they were observed prior, their choosing was completely at random. Second, I believe it was the actual murder(s) that were sexually gratifying to BTK, not an actual rape.

I believe's Bri's death was accidental probably from fighting back, I think this guys is a serial rapist, not a serial killer, and the reason he hasn't "hit" again is because her death threw off the control he thought he had and the reality of getting caught has heightened. If you recall the Phila case of Shannon Schreiber, the Phila serial rapist stopped for a few years until he relocated but never killed again following the subsequent rapes in CO.

I think relocating gave him a sense of security and anonymity he no longer had in his home area following her murder.

I do however agree that he is a student of LE techniques, and also that he has some sort of job albeit peripherally that "touches" LE..
Security guard?

If the perp killed Bri within minutes while at the apartment, as the family has been led to believe, how does rape figure into it at that point?

If he were a securty guard, my thought is that he would use a weapon like a gun or a knife. I wouldn't be surprised if he follows crimes involving the rape and murders of young girls, particularly in the age group he prefers, and knows a considerable amount about investigation of scenes etc.

I don't believe the crimes are done like BTK in the manner he used of stalking them, picking them out, etc. Just the way he went undetected is reminiscent because he blended into the community (his job, family, etc.) and the way he taunted LE. They clearly believe the underwear were a taunt and he didn't mind leaving his DNA behind at the scenes either. He knows there is nothing to connect him personally, but it would connect the cases if they ever put them together. I probably shouldn't have used BTK as an example actually.

I don't believe they have disclosed if she actually was sexually assaulted- am I correct?
guns and knives are messy, and they leave a "marker" which he is intensely trying not to above his DNA, which we can all assume he has no priors as there has been no hit in the banks.

Was giving security guard as example, not really tied to it for me, not there yet.

They did say this was a "sexually motivated" crime. They have not gone beyond that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo