TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wix family asks ‘Please don’t forget them’
Saturday marks third anniversary of disappearance

By Cindy Kelly
Robertson County Times

This weekend marks three years since family and friends have seen Jennifer and Adrianna Wix, the mother and daughter who simply disappeared on March 24, 2004.
Her mother, Kathy Holloway, and her grandmother, Peggy Calvert, ask that the community remember the missing pair.

“One of the largest fears I have as a mom is that people will forget them,” said Holloway.

Wix was last seen by her boyfriend Joey Benton who told authorities he dropped her and her daughter at an Exxon station around 9:30 p.m. that night. He added that Wix and her daughter left with someone in a white car.

Holloway said that her last contact with Wix was when she called her upset over an argument with Benton. Wix had been living with the Benton family since the previous fall.

At the time of their disappearance Wix was 22 years old and Adrianna was 2. A billboard on Interstate 65 has kept their faces in many minds for the last year.

But so far, the family has no answers. And neither do officials.

“We still get an occasional tip but nothing solid we can use,” said Lt. Don Bennett of the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office who has worked the case since the beginning.

“It has been a missing persons case. We are now looking at it as a missing person and presumed dead case. With all these sighting and nothing concrete, we have to presume they are dead.”

In the three years since the girls disappeared, Bennett and other officers have spent many hours investigating the case.

“I’m still sitting here looking at it,” Bennett said of the vast amount of information and paperwork collected during the investigation. “We worked nearly 1,000 different leads counting from when we started until now.

“We hoped they are alive and show back up some day alive and well.”

“We work on the Wix case every day,” Sheriff Gene Bollinger said.

Wix’s family believes someone knows something that will help the Sheriff’s Office find out what happened.

“We know there is someone out there that has the answer and to not be afraid of coming forward,” said Calvert. “It is time for us to have closure. It can be confidential.

“Please search your conscious and come forward to help us find what happened.”
Holloway has a special request for property owners.

“I ask individual landowners, if they would just take a look at their land and search,” said Holloway, who believes her daughter met with foul play. “I can’t walk the whole county. If I could get everyone who owns land to walk it and help us.”

To mark the third anniversary of the girls’ disappearance, the family is gathering at the Owens Chapel United Methodist Church on Saturday, March 24, at 3 p.m. where they will walk to the nearby cemetery and release balloons.

“We’d like to ask everyone to join us,” said Calvert. “We’d like to ask people to pray for justice.

“We ask for the community’s support and prayers as we seek justice for Jennifer and Adrianna.”

Both Holloway and Calvert said they wait each and every day hoping this will be the one when they finally hear something.

“This has destroyed our family,” said Calvert. “(Our life) is kind of on hold.
“We never know what we’ll hear tomorrow.”

“Please, please, don’t forget them,” Holloway added.

If anyone has information concerning the disappearance of Jennifer and Adrianna Wix, contact the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office at 615-384-7971.

K,
I just wanted you to know your girls are on my mind today and I am praying for you and your family. Please take care of yourself.

Juliana

I have been thinking and praying about them also. God please let these loved ones be found soon in our time.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers................no news:(

Thinking of Jenn and Nina................they have been missing 3 years and 4 months today......please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Always thinking of these two beautiful girls.

May the family get much needed answers and justice soon.

I had trouble finding Jennifer and Adrianna's thread and just wanted to give them a bump.

Still no word at all...........still miss them as much today as I did the day they vanished.

Please continue to think of the girls................

Thank you for bumping this thread.

Oh Kathy. I came across Jennifer and Adrianna's story about a year ago through the Doe Network (I think) and kept up with it ever since. It is so unbelievable frustrating, I cannot even imagine how you feel. The fact that they lived at the residence should be enough for a search warrant. The boyfriends parents are cruel, selfish people and if I were in your situation I would be afraid of what I might want to do to these people. It seems so obvious the boyfriend perpetrated their disappearence and the parents are participating in the cover up to protect him. Surely the LE can see this. Have they brought the parents in for questioning? Under pressure I wonder if one of them might crack especially if you could use the spouses to play off of eachother.

I wish you strength, patience and grace to continue this fight. You have a lot of support and a lot of people out here who care about Jennifer and Adrianna.

Thank you so much for your support........it means the world to know that people are still thinking of and remembering Jennifer and Adrianna.

I think that LE pretty much know what happened, just not the details because of the lack of physical evidence (since they didn't look for it). About a year after the girls vanished LE began to think that they probably didn't run away but by then it was virtually impossible to find any physical evidence so now they have a much tougher job to try and ever prove it, basically the tip from heaven will have to fall into their laps!

If anyone is interested........the Benton family have started posting on topix.net about the case on a thread that was started there about three years ago, you just have to enter in Cross Plains, TN and you will see the thread...........just a warning..............the things that have been said on there are not pretty and very inflammatory!

Bumping Jennifer and Adrianna.......................
Four years and five months, still no answers.........

I love you Jenn and Nina, and miss you as much today as ever, please come home soon!

Praying for your family. There WILL be a reckoning, if not sooner, then definitely later.

Jennifer and Adrianna were on the back of the "coupon packs" in my Sunday paper yesterday. Hopefully, with more people clipping coupons in this economy, someone will realize he/she knows something and come forward.
Prayers.

I saw Adrianna's information on TV over the weekend. I was watching Investigative Discovery Channel and it popped up in affliation with For The Lost. There was no mention of Jennifer though.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers....................many thanks to the NCMEC for the newly generated distribution of the girls pictures! Please continue to think good thoughts and send your prayers for Jennifer and Adrianna's return home soon!

Kathy,

I so wish that you would get a miracle and LE would find your girls. You have waited so long and that just has to be hell. Did LE ever go over that boyfriend's home with a fine tooth comb? They could still do that no matter how much time has gone by. If they took luminol in they might find something.
They have to know that the boyfriend was lying. Your girls haven't been forgotten. I just wish there was something we could do to light a fire under those LE officers.

I haven't been on in a while but with the 5th anniversary of Jennifer and Adrianna's disappearance just around the corner I wanted to come on and bump their thread. There still has been no news about the girls, no new tips or leads and it's just getting harder everyday to keep them in everyones minds so that they won't be forgotten until I can find a way to bring them home again, somehow......someway.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77