Moving van at Cooper House now (11/13/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been posted but it was dated today

More evidence, including cameras and cell phones, were seized last month from the home of Brad Cooper, who is charged with first-degree murder in the July slaying of his wife, according to warrants released Thursday.

Investigators requested to search the Cary couple's home, at 104 Wallsburg Court to look for evidence of martial discord, financial transactions and instructions associated with ways to commit murder and dispose of a human body, according to the search warrant affidavit. Officials were also looking for all documents and photographs pertaining to the sale, ownership or repair of jewelry believe to the be the property of Nancy Cooper.

The search warrant affidavit filed on April 16 showed Cary detectives were searching for evidence that might be in two e-mails that Brad Cooper received on his cell phone.

On April 17, detectives seized his Samsung Blackjack cell phone, a Motorola V511 cell phone, a Sony MP3 IC recorder, two thumb-drives and a DVD from Brad Cooper’s 2001 BMW, court records showed. Investigators also seized two digital video cameras and an eMachines CPU.
Prosecutors have said they will not seek the death penalty in the case.

Cooper's two daughters are in the temporary custody of their mother's family in Canada. Earlier this week, Brad Cooper’s attorney filed a motion to postpone a permanent custody hearing scheduled for June until after his murder trial.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/5065722/

Tonia...none of this makes sense to me since the house is empty. I saw the same reports about the search & sale.
At this moment the home is on the market for $299,900. For Judge Sassor to approve $312K when it is now listed lower leaves me to believe she was approving the original buyer who bailed out and didn't close as expected this week.
It should sell quick now, IMO.

What's crossed my mind and I can be totally wrong....why did the buyer bail and another search get done on an empty home? Did the inspector find something that lead investigators back there? HVAC, crawl space, attic???

Tonia...none of this makes sense to me since the house is empty. I saw the same reports about the search & sale.
At this moment the home is on the market for $299,900. For Judge Sassor to approve $312K when it is now listed lower leaves me to believe she was approving the original buyer who bailed out and didn't close as expected this week.

What's crossed my mind and I can be totally wrong....why did the buyer bail and another search get done on an empty home? Did the inspector find something that lead investigators back there? HVAC, crawl space, attic???

Hey Mom - good to see you.

You are probably on the target - given that part of what LE was looking for related to instructions associated with ways to commit murder and dispose of a human body, according to the search warrant affidavit, Brad probably had a few things well hidden away after previous searches.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5065722/

Link to the recent SW in the article.

Interesting, to say the least. The SW is dated Apr 16th the buyer JUST backed out. Wonder if buyers inspector "discovered" something {i.e. ONE running shoe/clothes last worn by NC}, while buyer was with inspector?

There was a photo I saw back in the Aug or so time frame that showed a panoramic and there was a park bench in the culd-a-sac island facing the house. I pondered what someone who may have been seated there would have witnessed. Not that anyone was sitting there, it just really grabbed me when I looked at it.

Is the search warrant maybe to actually "search" the previously seized property? I thought I saw reference in that search warrant to actual dates items were seized. I think these were previously seized items. I don't think things were secretly hidden in the house, I'm certain both families would have searched every area of that house when it was packed up and afterwards. I dunno. Just what I was thinking.

When I read the warrant, I get that they are requesting a search of BC's Blackjack, laptop and usb drives that were seized between July and October last year. The house is only mentioned as the place some of the items were seized from.

OT - hope all you folks in Cary and Raleigh are okay. Stay safe

When I read the warrant, I get that they are requesting a search of BC's Blackjack, laptop and usb drives that were seized between July and October last year. The house is only mentioned as the place some of the items were seized from.

That's the way I read it too, the way they had to get separate search warrants for the info on the computer after they had seized it last year under a different warrant. One to seize, one to read.

I'd love to know what they find, though.

RC - it was pretty scary last night, that's for sure. I was going to meet my DD and DGD at the mall for dinner, but instead the storm was so scary that she picked me up and we headed east away from the storm and had dinner in Fuquay Varina - first time in my life I have ever run from a storm. First time, too, that I have seen purple on a local weather map - right where the mall is. As it turned out, it was mild as storms go - the tornado that came through about 20 years ago was hugely destructive. But the clouds last night were black, horrible, and scary. And we may have more strong weather tonight. Ugh.

That's the way I read it too, the way they had to get separate search warrants for the info on the computer after they had seized it last year under a different warrant. One to seize, one to read.

I'd love to know what they find, though.

I agree Star - I think the warrant is to actually obtain data contained in the designated devices, papers etc. This would be typical, one warrant to sieze those items, a second warrant to actually look "inside" them.

Glad the storms were not so bad :)

The house went under contract again this past week and is expected to close this coming week. They were able to streamline the process since the other closing was to have occured so recently. LP was $299,900. Someone got a decent deal I would say...

So do you think the neighbors will stop by and welcome them to the neighborhood? Gosh, what conversations they could have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288