***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live here in Lafayette. Unfortunately, I do believe the case has lost the dramatic "entrance" it made. Upon learning of Mickey's disappearance, the community
was out in full force, banning together, as well as the media. Lately I have not been hearing much in regards to the case or about Mickey, except if her family makes a statement through FB or "social media".
I for one wish Mickey's case was still all over the media, in papers...everywhere. I know the family is trying, but they need alot more help in getting Mickeys story out there again.
...JMO of course!! I'm willing to do what I can!!

I know what you mean. The only things we havent talked on and on, ad nauseum about are the things we cant talk about at all. I so wish LE would release anything new, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, just to keep discussion going and her name and picture on peoples' minds. The lack of anything at all from LE is what leads so many here to grasp for anything at all to latch onto and is usually what leads ultimately to threads being locked down. JMO

My thoughts of the silence is that they are onto something and don't want to alert the perp that's my wishes this case cannot go cold so quickly! And if the family is remaining silent to well I'm assuming it's because LE has told them to back off a bit because they have leads and are possibly close to finding Mickey fingers and toes crossed

That's sad! I wish there was something we could do! I dunno the local media there but would emailing them help spark some interest refresh people's memories someone might remember something! So frustrating!!! Haha had my last exam last week on holidays ATM and not working tomorrow so can sleep in a bit phew!

I've called, emailed, wished, hoped, called and emailed again! All I get---IF I get an answer at all---LE has nothing new to add. SO frustrating.

My thoughts of the silence is that they are onto something and don't want to alert the perp that's my wishes this case cannot go cold so quickly! And if the family is remaining silent to well I'm assuming it's because LE has told them to back off a bit because they have leads and are possibly close to finding Mickey fingers and toes crossed

I used to think that, too. I hope you are right! It's dragging out so long, that I am beginning to believe they really have no clues left to follow.....if they had any idea of who had taken Mickey, I think some sort of move would have been made already. Hope I am wrong.

I felt very strongly last week that Mickey was still alive and coming home; I woke up every morning anticipating hearing the news that she had been found. This week, I HOPE that is true, but my feelings are more along the lines of sadness and a total lack of anticipation.

So here we sit. Profiles are often created from crime scenes. We have no crime scene. We have a bike, which may or may not have been damaged during what may be classified as an abduction since the only thing that is verified by LE is Mickey Shunick is missing.

The Lafayette press seems to be quiet on this topic. LE has not held a presser in weeks. If someone can help me brainstorm a new approach to this case, I will.

I know the difference in being discouraged and unwilling. I am simply discouraged right now and earnestly asking for others to start brainstorming--inside the rules of WS's of course.

'Deja vu'?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057581-504083.html

April 26, 2011 Tennessee law enforcement officials say that the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo is narrowing...

"Last update by the TBI in Holly Bobo's abduction over 15 months ago"...
"Guess history does repeat itself"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0BkJQM-ZPY"]"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube[/ame]
"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)

So here we sit. Profiles are often created from crime scenes. We have no crime scene. We have a bike, which may or may not have been damaged during what may be classified as an abduction since the only thing that is verified by LE is Mickey Shunick is missing.

The Lafayette press seems to be quiet on this topic. LE has not held a presser in weeks. If someone can help me brainstorm a new approach to this case, I will.

I know the difference in being discouraged and unwilling. I am simply discouraged right now and earnestly asking for others to start brainstorming--inside the rules of WS's of course.

Yes Cajun Girl, I think we are all frustrated & discouraged. To my knowledge all we have is a VOI; DWT from the LPD PIO... If not so tragic, I would be LOL..

I was very impressed with the media management by the LPD in the initial stages of the Mickey Schunick investigation. For over a month now, there has only been deafening silence. This antiquated investigative strategy only leads to rumors, conjecture, speculation, and conspiracy theories, imo.

Silence by LE via MSM only leads to innocent victims lives lost & mounting cold cases due to the squandering of their most valuable resource; the American public...

After over 6 weeks, the one fact that we can reasonably conclude is that Mickey Schunick was abducted and the abductor's identity has not been released, nor has he or they been arrested..which is very concerning to those of us that feel that Public Safety for our families should be priority.

Come home, Mickey! Show someone where you are!!!

Sending a big hug of support to the Shunicks.

Hate to break the silence, but...

Websleuths Mickey Schunick thread has all but died now; 22 viewers and no post in almost an hour...this is what I mean about censoring other's theories and opinions. Initially this thread in excess of 250 viewers and over half were locals and lerkers.
A bad theory is better than none at all.. Silence/censorship is the predators most lethal weapon.

Awareness is the key in missing persons cases. This is why I never critize another's theory or opinion, no matter how bizarre. No two people think alike or have the same life or other experiences. The more bizarre a theory is. The more debate & discussion it will invite by others, including MSM.

The petite blonde theory by PI Bill Warner(FL) is an excellent example of this. He has been on national news shows; JVM, etc., which gives free publicity to the victims...awareness...and that's a good thing, imo..

DWT for sale. saw it in lot south of the intersection of highway 167 and East Broussard Road. not very far south of that Mcdonald's on same side of highway... But it was an extended cab... not a 4door.
Time to Bring Mickey Home!

Websleuths Mickey Schunick thread has all but died now; 22 viewers and no post in almost an hour...this is what I mean about censoring other's theories and opinions. Initially this thread in excess of 250 viewers and over half were locals and lerkers.
A bad theory is better than none at all.. Silence/censorship is the predators most lethal weapon.

Awareness is the key in missing persons cases. This is why I never critize another's theory or opinion, no matter how bizarre. No two people think alike or have the same life or other experiences. The more bizarre a theory is. The more debate & discussion it will invite by others, including MSM.

The petite blonde theory by PI Bill Warner(FL) is an excellent example of this. He has been on national news shows; JVM, etc., which gives free publicity to the victims...awareness...and that's a good thing, imo..

I don't believe a bad theory is better than none.

And I don't believe that trying to link a string of very probably unrelated disappearances is a responsible thing to do either.

It might be more responsible to talk about the dangers of being out at 2AM, for instance, or being aware of your surroundings, or spending time with people you trust. Any or all of the cases Warner has been talking about could be domestic/relationship matters, for all we know, including Mickey. (Except for Morgan and she was found.)

We don't know what happened in any of the cases that have received a degree of news coverage. They most likely each have their own story.

It is frustrating that there is so little known in Mickey's case, but that doesn't mean, IMO, that things should be thrown against the wall to see what sticks. So far, IMO, there is no reason to link her case to any other case in the country; she vanished, her bike was found locally.

JMO

After the thread went down temporarily, I have had trouble accessing it. I hope that others are also having trouble and not giving up hope. Or maybe people are traveling for the weekend.

And I don't believe that trying to link a string of very probably unrelated disappearances is a responsible thing to do either.

It might be more responsible to talk about the dangers of being out at 2AM, for instance, or being aware of your surroundings, or spending time with people you trust. Any or all of the cases Warner has been talking about could be domestic/relationship matters, for all we know, including Mickey. (Except for Morgan and she was found.)

We don't know what happened in any of the cases that have received a degree of news coverage. They most likely each have their own story.

It is frustrating that there is so little known in Mickey's case, but that doesn't mean, IMO, that things should be thrown against the wall to see what sticks. So far, IMO, there is no reason to link her case to any other case in the country; she vanished, her bike was found locally.

JMO

'cluciano63, I honor & respect your opinion'.. but just mentioning the petite blonde theory brought a response...

How many years/decades had truckers been abducting innocent victims before the FBI's Trucker Serial Killer Iniative in 2009. Before then, it was considered only a conspiracy theory by many people..

'I attended a symposium by a FBI BAU2 Supervisor of the Trucker Serial killer Initiative in 2010 at the CUE national conference'.. It was very informative, but I walked away with more questions than answers. The number one question was, 'with the FBI's resources, what the hell took them so long to figure this out'?..
The next question that I personally asked the BAU2 Agent was, 'how many total innocent victims does the FBI think serial killer Gary Hilton, abducted/murdered during his 4 decades of activity'? "The blood left his face"...

http://www.daconfidential.com/2010/04/fbi-and-serial-killers.html

FBI BAU2 Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609

Map-scroll down..

This map shows the more than 500 cases in our Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years. (How many before 1980?)

Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...

Foxfire, MOO, you're right about keeping the theories coming as long as we don't accuse
anyone specifically who's not a POI.
That being said, I have a far-outish theory. It has to do with the 'college town' SK
genre. There are several HUGE companies that specialize in Urban-Fill student housing,
with giant projects in Bloomington, Raleigh, and Lafayette, among dozens of other college towns. What a way to go in and out of these towns in the umbiquitous white truck. They have high level execs, mid-level, foremen and workers. If you were a big shot, you could order one of these trucks up when you were in town and leave it behind in the carpool when you left.
As LS went missing, one such company just finished such a project in Bloomington, and the very DAY she went missing, they broke ground in a college town on the southeastern seaboard with a new project. The reason I can't name this company....worth billions...haven't been named in any investigation, etc. But there they are, specializing in going into areas in college towns that need fixing up, in urban areas, and building ginormous student complexes.
Also, I found out about one of these companies by way of another NO-NO here--following a psychic's directions that led to a name, googled name led to person in Bloomington just promoted to VIP position in such a company, but not for just Bloomington, nationwide. Not at all accusing this person, just making a
case in which , if someone was doing prominent business in college towns, bringing money and jobs to college towns, they might feel some sort of twisted omnipotence.
Did I make it clear enough that I wasn't accusing THIS person? I have this way of coming up with all kinds of theories but have trouble expressing myself clearly.

Speaking of awareness, why hasn't Mickey been added to the FBI's Kidnapped list?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

My guess is because there is no proof she was kidnapped. Just that she is gone and her bike was in the bay. No witnesses, no ransom, etc....Lauren does not seem to be on there either. They are over 18, so not children like Sierra, who is listed and Holly, who had a witness.

JMO

With today's modern technology, and numerous occupations that pay per diem to send employees to multiple states, frequently in the same day..serial killing and assaulting is not just possible but probable and rediculous not to consider. For example- husband works aerial firefighting, crew- anywhere from 3-10 per plane, is dispatched daily to a different fire in a different state. They rent cars and stay at local hotels and can be in one state for one hour to two weeks depends on the fire. I recently caught up and spent six weeks with him in NC. Some of the crew drives with tools, same with construction and many many others. When someone disappears with no trace, I lean heavily towards a person with this type of occupation. It's not throwing everyone against a wall, it's sleuthing, investigating and processing all available information.

I apologize for any posts of mine that were not TOS compliant. I understand WS liability issues. As I understand it, once someone is legally charged and especially convicted for crimes you have suggested they may have committed, they have no grounds to sue you for libel or slander. Once information is made public it is protected under the freedom Information act, privacy is not protected. Like, RSOs..am I wrong? Regardless, I won't discuss anything other than the bike or the truck, as directed. I hope she and her abductor are found soon. I'm headed back to Sacramento this afternoon to look for Linnea Lomax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth