Dr visit/ bus stop... help me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiouserthangeorge

Reaction score
Something has my brain all twisted in knots.

So... TH supposedly tells Kyron's teacher that she's taking him to a dr. appointment the morning he went missing, right?

Then TH and KH are surprised when he doesn't get off the bus?

Did KH not know about his son's "Dr appointment"?

I mean, if TH is saying that she last saw him at 8:45...
why aren't the teachers out here saying "she told us he had a dr. appointment... "

I can't verbalize it but something here is just.... it's setting off alarms.
It seems like the only possible suspects are TH and one of the teachers. One of the two of them is lying.

Am I wrong? Is there any way that it's someone other than TH or a teacher?

The teachers apparently are saying they thought TH had said Kyron had an appointment...and they thought it was for that day once he was gone after the science fair. TH's friend said that TH said that the appointment was really for the following Friday, which is why she would still meet the bus. We don't know if there was ever an appointment made at all, or if TH said this to set up Kyron being gone, counting on confusion as apparently she told the teacher in a hectic setting.

Again most of this in unconfirmed. Terri's friend did say that Terri told her that she had told the teacher the day before about an appt. for Kyron...and we have heard that a teacher or two said they thought that is where Kyron was.

So... TH supposedly tells Kyron's teacher that she's taking him to a dr. appointment the morning he went missing, right?

why aren't the teachers out here saying "she told us he had a dr. appointment... "

It seems like the only possible suspects are TH and one of the teachers. One of the two of them is lying.

The teachers have likely been advised not to comment at all, by the lawyers for the school district and by LE. I imagine they might have a lot to say in private,and also if the case ever comes to trial....

All JMO

Yes--I was wondering about this too...the teachers are just now coming up with this reasoning (and, as a "group")? It's strange...

Yes--I was wondering about this too...the teachers are just now coming up with this reasoning (and, as a "group")? It's strange...

What? Where has any teacher, much less a group of teachers, said anything about this, ever?

The only thing I can add here is that I did hear Kaine say he was not sure about a doctor appointment for Kyron.

But I'm sure, by now, that LE has probably confirmed the paperwork to the school (if there really was any) and spoken to the doctor's office to find out:

1) If there was an appointment for Kyron
2) When the appointment was to be
3) When and by whom was the appointment made

Atleast I sure hope that they've confirmed this by now.

According to katu.com:

Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, ***** ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And ***** said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

linky: http://www.katu.com/news/98981009.html

Mel

** = minors name removed

Kaine stated at a press conference that he didn't know about any doctor appointment. From the outset the school maintained that Terry had told the teacher he had a doctor's appointment. Terri's friend that spoke allegedly per Terri on her behalf acknowledged Terri told the teacher Kyron had a doctor's appointment but allegedly Terri told the teacher it was for the following week. I don't see anything strange here. It's pretty matter of fact.

Matt Shelby, who is not one of the teachers, said that on JUNE 5th. So even if he is repeating what the teacher's actually said, they said it no later the the day after kyron went missing. Not *just now.*

http://www.king5.com/news/local/NW-Portland-second-grader-still-missing-Saturday-95689114.html

The only other reference in the article to the dr. appt. is what Kim Holm (a parent, not a teacher) and her son said. And, actually, the son was a *friend" of kyron's and Holm has only said positive things about her since she let TH take him for an outing (the bowling, I think). So, presumably, they have no bone to pick with TH. Here's Holm's quote:

And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, K**** ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K**** said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

The second article says:

The family's statement comes one day after ABC's Portland affiliate KATU reported that Terri Horman had told Kyron's teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor's appointment, giving the school no reason to expect him back after the science fair that morning where Kyron showed off his project on frogs.

But Terri Horman has been vague with investigators, the affiliate reported, later telling detective she was referring to the next Friday, June 11.

"Clearly even school children were aware that he was going to the doctor that day and they expected him to be at the doctor that day so now after the fact to say, 'I didn't know it was that day, it was another day' it is weak," former homicide detective C.W. Jensen said.

Not a word from the teachers themselves and obviously based on the statements in the first article. imo

Matt Shelby, who is not one of the teachers, said that on JUNE 5th. So even if he is repeating what the teacher's actually said, they said it no later the the day after kyron went missing. Not *just now.*

http://www.king5.com/news/local/NW-Portland-second-grader-still-missing-Saturday-95689114.html

The only other reference in the article to the dr. appt. is what Kim Holm (a parent, not a teacher) and her son said. And, actually, the son was a *friend" of kyron's and Holm has only said positive things about her since she let TH take him for an outing (the bowling, I think). So, presumably, they have no bone to pick with TH. Here's Holm's quote:

And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K**** said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

The second article says:

The family's statement comes one day after ABC's Portland affiliate KATU reported that Terri Horman had told Kyron's teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor's appointment, giving the school no reason to expect him back after the science fair that morning where Kyron showed off his project on frogs.

But Terri Horman has been vague with investigators, the affiliate reported, later telling detective she was referring to the next Friday, June 11.

"Clearly even school children were aware that he was going to the doctor that day and they expected him to be at the doctor that day so now after the fact to say, 'I didn't know it was that day, it was another day' it is weak," former homicide detective C.W. Jensen said.

Not a word from the teachers themselves and obviously based on the statements in the first article. imo

BBM -- and if that's the case... then truly it's a premeditated kidnapping (and hopefully he's safe somewhere)... and imagine the acting job she had to do all afternoon... until it was bus stop time. wow. I've been shoved off the fence.

And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, K**** ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K**** said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”

The second article says:

Yes, "just now", because it is just now an issue. Why wasn't it focused on immediately? The first article stated, "...when she gave notice to the school..."--it would be nice to know exactly who they are referring to, but the next article does state the plural, "teacherS". Some "teacherS" must be asserting this if it was reported.

The following video states (around 2 minutes), "...multiple teachers and students have told investigators that stepmother said Kryon had a dr.'s appointment..."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/break-missing-kyron-horman-case-11234666

Yes, "just now", because it is just now an issue. Why wasn't it focused on immediately? The first article stated, "...when she gave notice to the school..."--it would be nice to know exactly who they are referring to, but the next article does state the plural, "teacherS". Some "teacherS" must be asserting this if it was reported.

The following video states (around 2 minutes), "...multiple teachers and students have told investigators that stepmother said Kryon had a dr.'s appointment..."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/break-missing-kyron-horman-case-11234666

The original article doesn't seem to imply all that the video does, though... I'm back on the fence :)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

PS... thanks to whomever bumped this thread just now!

What's confusing to me about this is---is it now being focused on because the media is trying to find a story?? Why was it (basically) ignored in the beginning?

What's confusing to me about this is---is it now being focused on because the media is trying to find a story?? Why was it (basically) ignored in the beginning?

And every one of the media sources who report on it are going to tell it just a little differently. Might be just a misunderstanding. Might be something big. You never know.

I was curious about how slow the news was when this story was published. It was published July 21. I looked at Reference Forum where all the Today's News threads are stored. There's no thread for July 20. There was no news that day.

Voila!

BBM -- and if that's the case... then truly it's a premeditated kidnapping (and hopefully he's safe somewhere)... and imagine the acting job she had to do all afternoon... until it was bus stop time. wow. I've been shoved off the fence.

IMHO..IF thats the case, yes it was all premediated, however I'm not convinced her intent wasn't to harm him or that Kyron is safe anywhere...JMO

Hopefully LE checked to see when Kyron had an appointment with the Dr..I suspect she did make an appointment for Kyron on the 11th.. No way could she have been stupid enough not to have made an appointment for him...

But, I also supsect she told the teacher it was for the 4th so IF she was seen leaving with Kyron she would have an excuse as to WHY they were leaving together...Also IF Kyron was absent they would think she had taken him to the Dr...
I highly suspect she told her friends though that the appointment was for the 11th..That way they could say if questioned by LE TH told them the appointment was for the 11th and the teacher must have misunderstood what TH was telling her about Kyron's appointment.......
Kinda looks like TMH may be the kind of person who doesn't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing... She tells different stories to different people in order to cover her own rear...JMO...

The second article says:

It sure is not at all clear to me. If Kyron's teacher thought he had a doctor's appointment, why did she respnd as she did when the chaperone, who was referenced by TP, noticed Kyron was the missing child from her group of 6.

IMHO..IF thats the case, yes it was all premediated, however I'm not convinced her intent wasn't to harm him or that Kyron is safe anywhere...JMO

Hopefully LE checked to see when Kyron had an appointment with the Dr..I suspect she did make an appointment for Kyron on the 11th.. No way could she have been stupid enough not to have made an appointment for him...

But, I also supsect she told the teacher it was for the 4th so IF she was seen leaving with Kyron she would have an excuse as to WHY they were leaving together...Also IF Kyron was absent they would think she had taken him to the Dr...
I highly suspect she told her friends though that the appointment was for the 11th..That way they could say if questioned by LE TH told them the appointment was for the 11th and the teacher must have misunderstood what TH was telling her about Kyron's appointment.......
Kinda looks like TMH may be the kind of person who doesn't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing... She tells different stories to different people in order to cover her own rear...JMO...

Yes, this is exactly my thinking. IMO, she might have made an appointment for the 11th, but told the teacher it was for the 4th, with the specific intention of being able to easily remove him from school that day without suspicion or question (even from Kyron, "Come on, it's time to go to your appointment now."), but a perfect cover story to refute the teacher ("No, it was for Friday the 11th; you must have misunderstood.").

The only problem is that she would still have to avoid being seen taking him out. If anyone *did* see her, she could cover by saying, "We're going to the doctor," but of course she couldn't then go through with the plan. But if she did manage to get out the door without being noticed, she had hours available to do whatever she had planned.

Which, sadly, I agree was probably not a matter of holding him somewhere, because I have been persuaded that the motive was likely to have Kyron out of the way before going through with the MFH on Kaine, in order to keep all of his inheritance, IMO.

Gosh, I hate even thinking or writing any of this, because it's too horrible, and so I hope I am all wrong about it.

Yes, this is exactly my thinking. IMO, she might have made an appointment for the 11th, but told the teacher it was for the 4th, with the specific intention of being able to easily remove him from school that day without suspicion or question (even from Kyron, "Come on, it's time to go to your appointment now."), but a perfect cover story to refute the teacher ("No, it was for Friday the 11th; you must have misunderstood.").

The only problem is that she would still have to avoid being seen taking him out. If anyone *did* see her, she could cover by saying, "We're going to the doctor," but of course she couldn't then go through with the plan. But if she did manage to get out the door without being noticed, she had hours available to do whatever she had planned.

Which, sadly, I agree was probably not a matter of holding him somewhere, because I have been persuaded that the motive was likely to have Kyron out of the way before going through with the MFH on Kaine, in order to keep all of his inheritance, IMO.

Gosh, I hate even thinking or writing any of this, because it's too horrible, and so I hope I am all wrong about it.

Do we have any idea how much Kaine is worth dead? Do we know of any insurance policies? How much would TH have gained? Why would Kyron have to be out of the way? Is there a will that cuts TH out if KH dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth