WTH Are Brad's Lawyers Up To Now???? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything been heard about the hearing on Monday (22 Sept) about Brad having a mental evaluation ? I must have missed it.

I've seen no news on that front RC. Others were asking about it too (on the NC thread proper). Is it possible this type of hearing (and the associated results) could be done without the public/media being made aware of the results? If not, perhaps the hearing has been rescheduled, or perhaps the plaintiffs withdrew the motion?

I've seen no news on that front RC. Others were asking about it too (on the NC thread proper). Is it possible this type of hearing (and the associated results) could be done without the public/media being made aware of the results? If not, perhaps the hearing has been rescheduled, or perhaps the plaintiffs withdrew the motion?

Dunno - guess it could have been a closed hearing. I have a feeling the plaintiffs are not about to withdraw the motion unless asked to do so by LE and the DA. LE and the DA are only going to ask such a thing if there is a potential to harm the criminal case. Strange we heard nothing about it.

They wouldn't let Jump in until the autopsy was released anyhow - unless Jump is a med student...
I'm thinking Jump can be pretty persuasive--dare I suggest it wouldn't surprise me if Jump acquired a white coat and stethoscope?

For me if COD was gunshot wound or vehicular homicide then yes, that would give me pause. BFT or strangulation or asphyxiation or some combo of the above? No it doesn't change things, IMHO.

SG,

Playin' a bit of catch-up here. I cannot really see the vehicular aspect would change anything for me, especially if the hair in the wheel wells turns out to match NC's hair. Gunshots would be a different story.

Since NC was discovered in a cul-de-sac, it would be difficult to explain how she was hit with enough force to kill her, if the impact happened there. The car would have to be going slowly, since there was a limited amount of road. I could conjure up a scenario of someone unknown (ie NOT BC) accidentally hitting her hard enough to cause death, then loading her and dumping her, but I have to stretch the limits of my imagination to make that really work. Sure, it is POSSIBLE, just not very PLAUSIBLE.

CyberPro

Are you thinking that regardless of what COD is, there's zero chance it will change any of your current opinions of the case? [ Fair if so... just asking... ]

Absolutely. It was murder, and despite HOW he murdered her, I am convinced it was BC.

SG,

Playin' a bit of catch-up here. I cannot really see the vehicular aspect would change anything for me, especially if the hair in the wheel wells turns out to match NC's hair. Gunshots would be a different story.

Since NC was discovered in a cul-de-sac, it would be difficult to explain how she was hit with enough force to kill her, if the impact happened there. The car would have to be going slowly, since there was a limited amount of road. I could conjure up a scenario of someone unknown (ie NOT BC) accidentally hitting her hard enough to cause death, then loading her and dumping her, but I have to stretch the limits of my imagination to make that really work. Sure, it is POSSIBLE, just not very PLAUSIBLE.

CyberPro

Hey CP,

The reason I said those other methods might give me pause is because I would expect there to be some additional evidence since I think there would be more forensics potentially available in those kinds of scenarios. It doesn't mean I would say a particular perp did or didn't do it, but I'd want to see how LE was able to tie it all together.

Either the judge kept everyone out or it didn't happen. Hmmmm. Who was suppose to be following Brad that day ? :crazy:

:laugh: This smilie should really be pointed up.

But seriously, would the media have access to basic information, such as whether or not the hearing took place? I have been wondering about this.

Has anything been heard about the hearing on Monday (22 Sept) about Brad having a mental evaluation ? I must have missed it.

RC and all,

Here is the email from my source - I've left the name out on purpose.

Kim-it is set for Monday and there will be some procedural stuff, but the judge says her civil docket is so heavy it is unlikely the motions will be heard. They will instead be moved to the date of the next custody hearing-October 13. We will of course be there Monday just in case.

RC and all,

Here is the email from my source - I've left the name out on purpose.

Kim-it is set for Monday and there will be some procedural stuff, but the judge says her civil docket is so heavy it is unlikely the motions will be heard. They will instead be moved to the date of the next custody hearing-October 13. We will of course be there Monday just in case.

Great work TOPS!!:)

Thanks Topsail ! Looks like the approach of 1000 pages of paperwork was sound on the part of K & B. You know what they say, if you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle them with bs. Works all the time.

Appreciate the information very much. So BC is not off the hook for a mental eval but it will be included with the custody hearing. Seems to me there is a foregone conclusion in one of those two items if one thinks about it. His mental stability is paramount to being an acceptable parent but yet the custody issue to supposedly decide that is also to be used to decide if a mental evaluation should be required. Catch 22.

Interesting.

A bit baffled on that and what is supposed to happen/be decided then on 10/13. Or is the psych eval. no longer a sticking point?

Here is the docket information: #7 down the page

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/dat...13.2008/D._DEBRA_S__SASSER.8B.9_00.TRIALS.txt

Monday, October 13, 2008 JUDGE: SASSER

08-CVD-012310 RENTZ,DONNA,A STUBBS,ALICE C.
RENTZ,GARRY,D ET AL STUBBS,ALICE C.
STUBBS,ALICE C.
-VS-
COOPER,BRADLEY SANDLIN,DEBORAH
PRATHER,LYNN ANN

ISSUES: CUSTODY
REVEAL AUTOPSY INFORMATI
DISQUALIFY COUNSEL
PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION
VACATE/MODIFY JUDGMENT OR ORDER
CUSTODY
EXEMPT FROM CUST/VISIT MEDIATION
ATTORNEY FEES
DISMISS (INVOLUNTARY)
STRIKE
SANCTIONS

Temporary custody hearing on custody/visitation. Added 092208 Defs Motion
to Dismiss & Motion to Strike.
Total estimated time @ 2 hours.
(rescheduled per order signed 073008)

Lot to cover in 2 hours. Good luck Judge Sasser.

Thanks Garner NC for the link. :) Looks to me this was signed 7/30 so not at all sure how the hearing for the 22 of September even got scheduled. Hmmmmm.

Here is the docket information: #7 down the page

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/dat...13.2008/D._DEBRA_S__SASSER.8B.9_00.TRIALS.txt

Monday, October 13, 2008 JUDGE: SASSER

08-CVD-012310 RENTZ,DONNA,A STUBBS,ALICE C.
RENTZ,GARRY,D ET AL STUBBS,ALICE C.
STUBBS,ALICE C.
-VS-
COOPER,BRADLEY SANDLIN,DEBORAH
PRATHER,LYNN ANN

ISSUES: CUSTODY
REVEAL AUTOPSY INFORMATI
DISQUALIFY COUNSEL
PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION
VACATE/MODIFY JUDGMENT OR ORDER
CUSTODY
EXEMPT FROM CUST/VISIT MEDIATION
ATTORNEY FEES
DISMISS (INVOLUNTARY)
STRIKE
SANCTIONS

Temporary custody hearing on custody/visitation. Added 092208 Defs Motion
to Dismiss & Motion to Strike.
Total estimated time @ 2 hours.
(rescheduled per order signed 073008)

It always impresses me when a newbie steps out of the shadows to give us all some great information! Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa