WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to be rude much but what would having her feet in the water or not have much to do with the case?

It's not just the property location that's important, but the exact dump site.

It's important because it tells us about the mindset of the killer. Did he quickly dump Mackenzie on the shoreline, or did he explore the brush looking for a more concealed place to dump her?

Was the dump site picked immediately upon walking down to the shore? Or did the killer have the dump site picked out before hand, because he had knowledge of the cleared trails through the brush leading down to the duck blind?

All goes toward organized vs. disorganized mind. I tend to think that most of the crime was disorganized, and that the only organized part of it was selecting the CB property for the dump site. But once on the property, how did he decide WHERE on the property to put her?

The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

The above quotation along with these photos led me to my conclusion: I certainly do believe that Mackenzie was found on the Columbia River bank with her feet in the river, at the location where three investigators are standing, two of them looking down:

cs1z.jpg

cs2m.jpg

Judging by the curve of the waterline in the above photos, I placed a red box on the sat photo showing approximately where I think that Mackenzie's body was found, probably centered in the red box along the shore, with feet in the river:

cs3nm.jpg

If I am correct, those men standing on the shoreline, appear to be members of the dive team preparing for the search of the water. If so, where else would you imagine them standing?

I think it should be remembered that LE have never stated MC's feet were in the "river" only "water". Show me a quote sourced to LE and not a reporters rewrite, and I will revisit this issue.

As a sidenote: What benefit is it for LE to leave confusion as to the place the body was located? Let's imagine a suspect being questioned stating, "I didn't leave no body in no bushes." LE never released that info, (in fact LE has made statements which might led the public and press to assume the location of the body as partially in the river), therefore, this statement by a suspect might just be what nails him. After over a month you think LE would have given up on this game...

I'm not trying to be rude much but what would having her feet in the water or not have much to do with the case?

Well, actually it would go to whether the perp(s) was/were trying to hide her or not. Whether they were rushed and planning on coming back to further dispose of her remains. Or perhaps dumped her in the river, but because of the currents she ended back on the property. sorry if this seems insensitive. It might go to state of mind or whether the perp just found an out of the way place and placed her on the beach or bank.........or they had intimate knowledge of the property. It's actually rather important, tho it seems not.

MOO

Good point, BeezyB & welcome aboard! :)

Black Tire Marks?

averageguy just mentioned he saw black tire marks in the driveway of the CB property. IIRC someone on here also thought they saw black tire marks at the Spec Home property. I wonder if there are black tire marks on the asphalt up PC, where the car was found. I wonder if there are black tire marks in the perps driveway. hmmm

I think that it gets a lot simpler if LE can collectively decide where she was murdered.

I almost think that the perp(s) intentionally made it this complicated. I am getting closer to believing that this was premeditated and thought out. The car was a diversion. Discovery of her remains was not suppose to happen.
MOO

How far from the property is the Trinidad Ghost town? I read on Wikipedia that it was located at the county line between Douglas and Grant county. It would be interesting to determine where that town was and the history of the tow. I'm sure the Columbia river was vital to the town as its water source. Maybe lingering evil spirits at the property that give people an eerie feeling. Also, what about Indian burial grounds or artifacts? Does anyone know any info on this? Someone was talking about Palisades and hunting for arrowheads. Hmmmm..

As a sidenote: What benefit is it for LE to leave confusion as to the place the body was located? Let's imagine a suspect being questioned stating, "I didn't leave no body in no bushes." LE never released that info, (in fact LE has made statements which might led the public and press to assume the location of the body as partially in the river), therefore, this statement by a suspect might just be what nails him. After over a month you think LE would have given up on this game...

Especially since there seems to be so many leaks.

Imagine the prosecution saying that the defendant knew details about the crime that had never been released so they had information that only the killer had known. The defense points out that half of Chelan County seems to have multiple inside sources and that the information is all over the net.

Hey AutumnRose, I'm curious ... Did you ever get by Mackenzie's favorite coffee spot to get yourself a :coffeecup: today?? If so, how was it? ;)

Respectfully snipped.

Really? Like what? Intriguing...

Without straying off course, let me just say that wherever innocent blood is spilled or evil acts are committed, those areas can become a magnet for repeated acts of murder or evil at some point in the future. I've heard a lot along these lines from those in the know, and I believe it.

Melissa, IIRC you didn't mention anything about getting creeped out when you went out there, correct? I realize you didn't trespass onto the "156 CBR" property itself, but did you get any eerie or creepy vibes at all?

Well hitting the hay after the hours of catching up.... but all great comments...
But lets get back to LE, Spoke with relatives of folks that live up PC....Did LE hit every home to see if they had camera's outside,,, no?......... NO LE asked or visited all homes..some folks do not get the news at all by any source. But may have camera's?...Booo LE should have knocked at every door...Also the Video of MC leaving beauty school... Talked first hand with their business who park there daily ( on days they are open ) NO LE came to their buisnness for any questions... see any thing? different? folks who are there 5 days a week!! That is all from them to me... Also learned PUD has small sub station on PC road w/motion cameras, and a larger sub station just at or before the methow turn off from squirlchuck rd. also with cameras (motion). Also know both sub station photos.. were asked for...verified only from PUD worker"s family... Rumor from them also ..baseball bat was beside body (?? I just see that as another rumor??) Was also stated the PC car left must have been left by someone who Knew the area, because of its paticular?? placement. Also after this conversation this eve with others CLOSE to car placement and folks who park in the same lot as MC, I am concerned as to LE interviewing....Would you not think...talk to folks who live / work in areas where she may have been or parked next to daily??? Hope this makes since, only have a few hours a day to catch up and respond, if seems worthy.. Hope they get the REAL Perp soon!! All just what I have leared.....theory/rumors all may apply..... hope this helps...can not let this go.....sleeping lightly night banghead:

Hey AutumnRose, I'm curious ... Did you ever get by Mackenzie's favorite coffee spot to get yourself a :coffeecup: today?? If so, how was it? ;)

yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh...............I haven't left the house all day! Been trying to find out what makes the CB house so creepy. So far, all I've found is that people get creepy feelings when they are there! Even Jimmy! :waitasec:

How far from the property is the Trinidad Ghost town? I read on Wikipedia that it was located at the county line between Douglas and Grant county. It would be interesting to determine where that town was and the history of the tow. I'm sure the Columbia river was vital to the town as its water source. Maybe lingering evil spirits at the property that give people an eerie feeling. Also, what about Indian burial grounds or artifacts? Does anyone know any info on this? Someone was talking about Palisades and hunting for arrowheads. Hmmmm..

Good point, I've grown up in this area, and when I was a little guy, people would make trips right along that area of shoreline looking for arrowheads, as they were quite plentiful before the dams flooded that area to its current level.
I can't remember how far out the shoreline went from it's current level, but it was considerable. There was a strong Indian presence in that area, for what it's worth. The day I was down there I tried to access the shoreline from the adjoining field, but the water was to high and I could see no place to walk that was not overgrown thicket.

I could really see this area being used by natives to make it down to the rivers edge, (which, before the Columbia was dammed, would have been lower.) Any further south and they would have had basalt cliffs to deal with, but this spot is relatively sandy caused by the Waterville Plateau, (due east), draining from above. Add to that the natural spring and this was very likely a place that was stopped at, if not lived at and defended, by many a native peoples.

Another sidenote: I could fly around on google earth for HOURS

Well hitting the hay after the hours of catching up.... but all great comments...
But lets get back to LE, Spoke with relatives of folks that live up PC....Did LE hit every home to see if they had camera's outside,,, no?......... NO LE asked or visited all homes..some folks do not get the news at all by any source. But may have camera's?...Booo LE should have knocked at every door...Also the Video of MC leaving beauty school... Talked first hand with their business who park there daily ( on days they are open ) NO LE came to their buisnness for any questions... see any thing? different? folks who are there 5 days a week!! That is all from them to me... Also learned PUD has small sub station on PC road w/motion cameras, and a larger sub station just at or before the methow turn off from squirlchuck rd. also with cameras (motion). Also know both sub station photos.. were asked for...verified only from PUD worker"s family... Rumor from them also ..baseball bat was beside body (?? I just see that as another rumor??) Was also stated the PC car left must have been left by someone who Knew the area, because of its paticular?? placement. Also after this conversation this eve with others CLOSE to car placement and folks who park in the same lot as MC, I am concerned as to LE interviewing....Would you not think...talk to folks who live / work in areas where she may have been or parked next to daily??? Hope this makes since, only have a few hours a day to catch up and respond, if seems worthy.. Hope they get the REAL Perp soon!! All just what I have leared.....theory/rumors all may apply..... hope this helps...can not let this go.....sleeping lightly night banghead:

Soooooooo, perhaps they have known all along who she was with and who did this. Why would they NOT interview those businesses and look for video footage or interview people to see if they saw anything unusual? I thought that was SOP? Unless..........you already have what you need. MOO

yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh...............I haven't left the house all day! Been trying to find out what makes the CB house so creepy. So far, all I've found is that people get creepy feelings when they are there! Even Jimmy! :waitasec:

From where I am, it looks absolutely gorgeous. I certainly don't get creeped out when I look at the pictures, either.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it to the java stop. Tomorrow's another day though! :dance: Err, make that today! Tomorrow is already here, today!
:crazy:

Soooooooo, perhaps they have known all along who she was with and who did this. Why would they NOT interview those businesses and look for video footage or interview people to see if they saw anything unusual? I thought that was SOP? Unless..........you already have what you need. MOO

I sure hope investigators haven't been sitting around drinking coffee and eating donuts and telling us they're interviewing all these people! :croc:

From where I am, it looks absolutely gorgeous. I certainly don't get creeped out when I look at the pictures, either.

It doesn't seem creepy to me, either... looks like a cool place to live. I'd love to have that back deck. Can you imagine the sunsets and sunrises? It's a shame that that property has been tarnished by this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth