Check Fraud case information

Kassen works with Baez? I had not heard that. In any case, Kassen is on the civil case (ZFG). The facts and circumstances surrounding the lying, Casey's whereabouts, etc are so intertwined, inextricably, on the fraud trial and the murder trial that I cannot imagine Andrea sitting that one out if it goes to trial. If it gets bumbled, that makes her job in the murder trial that much harder. I could be wrong, but I don't see her sitting on the sidelines in any way, shape or form until both cases are resolved.

Orange County Clerk's Office Web site has only Baez as the lead attorny(s) on record for both the fraud and murder cases.

Murder trial
pre-trial hearing January 21, 2010

Fraud
Hearing cancelled
Trial on for January 25, 2010

Perhaps Baez has waived the hearing and wants to go straight to trial to plead guilty.

I will bet you all didn't take Monday off for nothing.

:bigstick:

I think CFNEWS13 are just forecasting the inevitable to get ahead of the rest of the media.

At the motion hearing, Dec 11 Judge S stated he was calling the first batch of jury candidates the next week and the Check Fraud trial would proceed as planned.

Reality is/was we headed into a Holiday period and the Defense dragged its feet on the AH depo and the court did not address the outstanding Check Fraud motions --- and so the Defense knew this wasn't going to happen.

I can see more delays and the Check Fraud trial might occur in July 2010 with the Murder trial not even close until July 2011 or later.

The Defense is going to drag their feet because the Check Fraud is expected to go before the Murder trial and the more it slips the more time it buys them.

Per RH ... I do see the Check Fraud being a slow plea, they will seek a plea deal but they won't rush into it since, as stated, this is buying them time and cover. KC might even plea out on the Murder trial but only if/when they have exhausted every other opportunity and need to preclude DP (although she will get Life).

Nothing is going to happen anytime soon IMHO and we are going to see delay, delay, delay and ruse, ruse, ruse to re-level the playing field.

It will be a long and gruelling war before any side concedes anything.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-hearing-delayed-20100118,0,4803524.story

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has not officially delayed the trial, which is scheduled to begin on Monday.

More at the link.

Well I hardly doubt Judge S would be making an official ruling on a Holiday when the courts are closed
We will probably hear/read more about it tomorrow when the Courthouse is open and conducting business.

Thanks for the update and the link Noor

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-hearing-delayed-20100118,0,4803524.story

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has not officially delayed the trial, which is scheduled to begin on Monday.

More at the link.

"There's a slew of motions that haven't been addressed by the court, such as whether the defense can get a change of venue due to the media coverage. And, the defense has not interviewed the victim, Amy Huizenga, under oath yet.

Prosecutors and Anthony's defense team will appear at a pre-trial hearing Thursday to address some of these issues."

Someone help me out here...I thought Thursday's hearing was a status hearing for the murder trial. This makes it sound like it is for the fraud trial. In what other job can you just not do your job (depose the complainant) by a deadline and as a reward get your deadline extended?

Orange County Clerk's Office Web site has only Baez as the lead attorny(s) on record for both the fraud and murder cases.

Murder trial

Fraud
Hearing cancelled

Perhaps Baez has waived the hearing and wants to go straight to trial to plead guilty.

What link did you use that showed the Fraud hearing was cancelled?

I just went here:
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx
Clicked on Court calendar
Put in Casey's name and it shows the cases are still on the court calendar.

Attachments

• Hearing.jpg
    Hearing.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 15
Ha!
That's a thought KC wants a new defense team.

Yes everyone was in court when these dates were set.
The judge also said at the hearing that jury selection would start the week after that hearing.
(that's been weeks ago).
Of Course they're not going to announce to the world that a jury has been selected.
Wow! I didn't know that about the jury!
The defense has a looming deadline to submit their discovery for the capital case so if they can delay all the January stuff, maybe they can postpone that deadline, blah, blah, blah.
I fully expect KC to request a new team at some point. It`s the only real defense move she has. Sad thing is, there`s probably a queue of replacement lawyers waiting fo their chance at the dream. :sick:

I am Mad. Mad that I took off work LOL!

Hi Tulessa...I wouldn't schedule yourself for time off when it gets rescheduled for two reasons.

1. It'll probably just get delayed again...I'm sure Baez is just sitting in his office playing "hangman" and Andrea will have more book signings. :banghead:

and/or

2. It will take some time to pick a jury, and I don't believe we will get to view that.

Can I join ya'll in the corner? :crazy:

Murder trial

Fraud
Hearing cancelled

Hi Jomo,

It is my understanding that Baez is not death penalty qualified, so he may not be first chair in the murder trial. If he was duty bound to file something with the court to correct the record and he did not , I am not surprised. Mr. Hornsby explained this to us.

Secondly, the reason I learned about Andrea's book signing dates was due to our wonderful member here, Sleutherontheside, who posted the link to AL various lectures for our listening enjoyment. I want to give the credit to the right person.

If the defense does drag this out, ask for a COV for the fraud trial, spend thousands upon thousands of the good taxpayer's dollars on this ridiculous trial when the outcome , imo, is certain....it will reflect very poorly on Casey and the lawyers. The defense is likely going to ask for three delays, over the objection of the state before the judge will hold them to task. This is an older video of Mr. Hornsby explaining that Baez is not dp qualified. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGY9u1Qv0Dw[/ame]http://www.richardhornsby.com/video/tv/casey-anthony/20091218-NBC.html

And did we not all get the impression at the December 11th hearing that the judge wanted this fraud trial out of the way and was willing to give her time served? So what purpose will it serve to move the fraud trial when OBVIOUSLY the media will be moving with the trial with the same exposure for a trial that will last one or two days. My guess, Judge is not going to be too happy at this hearing. Any normal defense attorney would have taken the judge up on his offer.

I do not think Kassen works with Baez. If he does, I had not heard that. In any case, Kassen is on the civil case (ZFG). The facts and circumstances surrounding the lying, Casey's whereabouts, etc are so intertwined, inextricably, on the fraud trial and the murder trial that I cannot imagine Andrea sitting that one out if it goes to trial. If it gets bumbled, that makes her job in the murder trial that much harder. I could be wrong, but I don't see her sitting on the sidelines in any way, shape or form until both cases are resolved.

I am just guessing, of course. I could be one hundred percent wrong and Andrea could want to take the fraud trial to a jury. I have been shocked many times in this case so far!

You know, Andrea's big Schtick is she is a death penalty lawyer, and I can't see her even caring about the fraud case. She isn't going to worry about additional felony charges when she knows Casey will ultimately get either the LWOP or the DP- and then she is going to be interested.

This is unbelievable!

Per this article, the defense hasn't interviewed Amy H. yet, under oath. Ummmm...the trial was scheduled for next week, and Baez hasn't even interviewed Amy yet? What the freak has he been doing? :furious::furious::furious:

And who's leaking that info to the press?
Nobody but Baez and Amy would have that info.

Baez is full of it.
Telling the press this and that the trial has been delayed.
The judge has not even ruled on anything because it's a holiday weekend.

Maybe in his dreams will this check fraud trial will be delayed.
I hope the judge and prosecution will be all over them during the next hearing.

News "sources" are making me :furious:. They write the trials aren't going to happen. Then report: "the fraud is delayed but the pre-trial status will happen." Then the Judge hasn't postponed the Fraud Case BUT it will happen OR won't happen.

I like the good old days of a real hard copy of a newspaper without "sources".

This is unbelievable!

Per this article, the defense hasn't interviewed Amy H. yet, under oath. Ummmm...the trial was scheduled for next week, and Baez hasn't even interviewed Amy yet? What the freak has he been doing? :furious::furious::furious:

Way back in April 2009 a deposition of AH was postponed. Did one ever happen?

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ey-postpones-deposition-in-Casey-Anthony-case

Hi Tulessa...I wouldn't schedule yourself for time off when it gets rescheduled for two reasons.

1. It'll probably just get delayed again...I'm sure Baez is just sitting in his office playing "hangman" and Andrea will have more book signings. :banghead:

and/or

2. It will take some time to pick a jury, and I don't believe we will get to view that.

Can I join ya'll in the corner? :crazy:

Scoots over. :D

I think CFNEWS13 are just forecasting the inevitable to get ahead of the rest of the media.

At the motion hearing, Dec 11 Judge S stated he was calling the first batch of jury candidates the next week and the Check Fraud trial would proceed as planned.

Reality is/was we headed into a Holiday period and the Defense dragged its feet on the AH depo and the court did not address the outstanding Check Fraud motions --- and so the Defense knew this wasn't going to happen.

I can see more delays and the Check Fraud trial might occur in July 2010 with the Murder trial not even close until July 2011 or later.

The Defense is going to drag their feet because the Check Fraud is expected to go before the Murder trial and the more it slips the more time it buys them.

Per RH ... I do see the Check Fraud being a slow plea, they will seek a plea deal but they won't rush into it since, as stated, this is buying them time and cover. KC might even plea out on the Murder trial but only if/when they have exhausted every other opportunity and need to preclude DP (although she will get Life).

Nothing is going to happen anytime soon IMHO and we are going to see delay, delay, delay and ruse, ruse, ruse to re-level the playing field.

It will be a long and gruelling war before any side concedes anything.

If so, there goes the rest of my sanity!:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back