GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but, but, that was when the funeral director said so! Now that is comes out that he actually *did* have injuries, they are surely defensive wounds. Right? /sarcasm

Of course! We all use our knuckles to block someone's head from running into us.. right? Is it just me that does that? :)

Maybe they cleaned his hands from the fingerprinting after they were done with the autopsy and before passing his body along to the funeral director. In the words of Werner Spitz, it seems it would have been
'shoddy work' not to clean up after themselves.

JMO

With all respect towards the dead, hair and nails grow for a short time after death AFAIK. Is it common for funeral directors/embalmers/morticians to trim fingernails?

{MOO}I still fail to see how the FD missed something that was so obvious to the medical examiner on the outside of the body. He seemed real sure of himself in the CBS Miami interview. {MOO}

But, but, but, that was when the funeral director said so! Now that is comes out that he actually *did* have injuries, they are surely defensive wounds. Right? /sarcasm

And apparently no injuries where one might find injuries if Zimmerman was hitting him. On the other hand, Zimmerman had a broken nose, black eyes and cuts to the back to his head. Where one expects to find injuries on someone being beat up.

With all respect towards the dead, hair and nails grow for a short time after death AFAIK. Is it common for funeral directors/embalmers/morticians to trim fingernails?

{MOO}I still fail to see how the FD missed something that was so obvious to the medical examiner on the outside of the body. He seemed real sure of himself in the CBS Miami interview. {MOO}

It is a myth that hair and fingernails grow after death.
snopes.com: Fingernails Grow After Death

Every day more shocking stuff comes out...I have to say though, the SAO had all of this info and STILL charged second degree murder. So from a defense perspective, there is still something to worry about.

I see now why AC didn't want the info coming out in "piecemeal fashion."

Help me out here--where is this GZ/Adderall thing coming from (and yes please provide MSM sourcing here)?

As I was messing around in Google Earth trying to clarify some things for the virtual walk through, I went to the gate near the clubhouse and noticed at least 3 cameras and at most 6. What I did notice about the cameras is that they're all pointed in the direction of the gates. If the Club House cameras are set up in the same fashion (to video people going to the club house) I don't see how it would be very beneficial for either of the litigants.

The reason I thought this was odd is because it's a lot of cameras (3 or 6) to capture vehicles entering/exiting. You'd think they'd only need two.

It does seem odd

Are security cameras always stationary, or are there any types that are motion-sensitive?

Every day more shocking stuff comes out...I have to say though, the SAO had all of this info and STILL charged second degree murder. So from a defense perspective, there is still something to worry about.

I see now why AC didn't want the info coming out in "piecemeal fashion."

Corey charged second degree murder, but so far, I am not convinced that she can back it up. If he truly does have a medical report saying he had a broken nose and black eyes, then he is going to have a strong defense.

It does seem odd

Are security cameras always stationary, or are there any types that are motion-sensitive?

I would think that because there are so many they would be stationary. I don't have GE open anymore to see if I can see any cams on them for movement. Next time I open it up I'll have a look, unless someone beats me to it.

Corey charged second degree murder, but so far, I am not convinced that she can back it up. If he truly does have a medical report saying he had a broken nose and black eyes, then he is going to have a strong defense.

I think it's going to be the totality of the situation...in other words, once we see everything *hopefully* we will understand her logic.

Thanks, tgpks & Ranch! (Sorry for the all-bold demand. Nothing like wading in after a day away and flailing about for a bit. :blushing: )

Still, I don't know that we yet have evidence that GZ was under the influence of Adderall or Temezepam on the night in question... and maybe we never will. Plenty of folks are prescribed drugs that they don't actually take, or start taking and then stop because they don't like the effects.

Everything that I have read about Corey, says she is a very aggressive prosecutor, who is known for over charging. She personally, holds the national record, for charging the youngest child ever as an adult.

Thanks, AJ! (Sorry for the all-bold demand. Nothing like wading in after a day away and flailing about for a bit. :blushing: )

Still, I don't know that we yet have evidence that GZ was under the influence of Adderall or Temezepam on the night in question... and maybe we never will. Plenty of folks are prescribed drugs that they don't actually take, or start taking and then stop because they don't like the effects.

What'd I did?! O.O

So far we don't know what type of injuries TM had on his knuckles. If it is bruising and swelling that goes to hitting GZ. No one has denied that TM hit GZ. If there are scrapes then only concrete residue will prove that abrasions came from concrete as opposed to sand in the ground. We'll find out soon enough.
Thank you for a voice of reason.
If Trayvon was pushed to the ground or if GZ tried to restrain him there are SO many ways Trayvon had both scrapes and /or bruises.

Thank you for a voice of reason.
If Trayvon was pushed to the ground or if GZ tried to restrain him there are SO many ways Trayvon had both scrapes and /or bruises.

True, but it will just add to the reasonable doubt. If GZ has medical reports and pictures of his injuries, and Trayvon has injuries present on his knuckles, then it becomes difficult for the jury to decide what happened, imo.

Thanks, AJ! (Sorry for the all-bold demand. Nothing like wading in after a day away and flailing about for a bit. :blushing: )

Your welcome but don't call me AJ. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members