GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

Boy, Fran, you scared me w/ those huge bold letters! Thanx for the link

Boy, Fran, you scared me w/ those huge bold letters! Thanx for the link

LOL-- me too!!

Did anyone catch GMA this morning? They reported on this case and said that a prosecutor has started working on the case. I cannot seem to find it on their website though.

One of Maine's top State Homicide Prosecutors has gotten involved with the case.

lol... i heard it at the end of a news report..... looking for the video clip.

I agree 100% that he was running pills. There is no way that he was only going up there to visit a chick. Not that I don't feel bad that he is missing, but when you get involved in that kind of life and you surround yourself around people who use drugs like that, what do you expect?

It will be interesting to see just how much doctor shopping he did? If other firefighters were involved? A doctor would be much more willing to believe working firefighter (about pain, anxiety, etc...) than some regular joe coming in?

I feel awful for his kids! Just awful! I think it's pretty clear though? Drug deal gone bad.

"He's a great dad, he's a great husband". She feels devastated and in shock. Everything feels surreal and that the kids need their dad. He told her he was going out of town to help a friend. He left on Wednesday and phoned her on Thursday (7:00pm, she says last phone call made) and told her he loved her and the kids and would phone her later.

When his car was found at Walmart she got on a plane and spent 3 days with detectives. She says she needed to see the area. Says LE is doing an amazing job and all she wants is to bring him home.

Regarding all the rumors.. If you don't hear it from her or investigators it is just rumors.

ETA..LOL I am a very slow typist.
Sadly I believe his wife is very much 'in the dark' regarding his personal life. I also believe his frequent trips from Florida to Maine involved a lot more than another woman. It is a very long drive and with the high cost of gas, he could have gotten a better deal by using an airline - unless, of course, the purpose of the trip couldn't be transported in that manner.

For his family's sake, I hope he is found soon, although I doubt he will be found alive.

:(

MOO

I agree 100% that he was running pills. There is no way that he was only going up there to visit a chick. Not that I don't feel bad that he is missing, but when you get involved in that kind of life and you surround yourself around people who use drugs like that, what do you expect?

It will be interesting to see just how much doctor shopping he did? If other firefighters were involved? A doctor would be much more willing to believe working firefighter (about pain, anxiety, etc...) than some regular joe coming in?

I feel awful for his kids! Just awful! I think it's pretty clear though? Drug deal gone bad.

If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't believe it. The pill mills here in Fl are everywhere. It is truly an epidemic and amazingly easy to obtain pain medication in Fl and sell them at incredible profit. We even have pharmacy's being busted for cashing in on the booming business. The gf is just a cover for the real monthly busine$$ trip. ( does Maine allow medical marijauna? sell the pills, use part of the cash to bring back mm to sell in fl.)

If a prosecutor is already involved, does this mean LE has some evidence & suspect that JP met w/ foul play?

If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't believe it. The pill mills here in Fl are everywhere. It is truly an epidemic and amazingly easy to obtain pain medication in Fl and sell them at incredible profit. We even have pharmacy's being busted for cashing in on the booming business. The gf is just a cover for the real monthly busine$$ trip.

Does this mean you suspect she isn't as much a "girlfriend" as she is a drug buddy?

(OT: How do you bold someone you're quoting?)

Florida has long been the nation’s center of the illegal sale of prescription drugs: Doctors here bought 89 percent of all the Oxycodone sold in the country last year. At its peak, so many out-of-staters flocked to Florida to buy drugs at more than 1,000 pain clinics that the state earned the nickname “Oxy Express.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/us/01drugs.html?pagewanted=all

If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't believe it. The pill mills here in Fl are everywhere. It is truly an epidemic and amazingly easy to obtain pain medication in Fl and sell them at incredible profit. We even have pharmacy's being busted for cashing in on the booming business. The gf is just a cover for the real monthly busine$$ trip. ( does Maine allow medical marijauna?)

OT: A few years ago, and out of nowhere, I started having panic attacks. I literally thought I was having a heart attack two times and ended up in the hospital. I had so many doctors trying to put me on Xanax. I work in a bar and I know how nasty Xanax addictions can be! I refused to be put on Xanax. But you wouldn't believe how many doctors tried to get me to take it. I finally found a great doctor who was able to come up with a great course of action to help with my anxiety. Prosac. Busiprone (non-addictive anxiety medication), and meditation (breathing practices). I haven't had any problems since December 2010!

Doctors are way too quick to prescribe medications, imo. I am glad that they are starting to use national databases that keep track of their activities when it comes to prescribing highly addictive drugs. Those who abuse their doctor titles are not better than a drug dealer on a street corner. Actually, I think they are worse!

Yes, a drug buddy, friend, contact, business partner.

Kinda like the mistress in Goodfellas! She was the go to girl for all his illegal activities. She would help him cook it, smoke it, deal it, etc...

OT: A few years ago, and out of nowhere, I started having panic attacks. I literally thought I was having a heart attack two times and ended up in the hospital. I had so many doctors trying to put me on Xanax. I work in a bar and I know how nasty Xanax addictions can be! I refused to be put on Xanax. But you wouldn't believe how many doctors tried to get me to take it. I finally found a great doctor who was able to come up with a great course of action to help with my anxiety. Prosac. Busiprone (non-addictive anxiety medication), and meditation (breathing practices). I haven't had any problems since December 2010!

Doctors are way too quick to prescribe medications, imo. I am glad that they are starting to use national databases that keep track of their activities when it comes to prescribing highly addictive drugs. Those who abuse their doctor titles are not better than a drug dealer on a street corner. Actually, I think they are worse!

Thats Great! Smart thinking.... When I first moved to Fl from up North, my insurance only included 2 doctors in the area. I was shocked, really. The pain docs hours were posted on the wall, 3 nights a week. My doc was there in the morning for 2 hours, and shady characters always showed up looking for their pills that had to be turned away. Once I changed insurance I found a real doc, but wow.... scary stuff. you see them in the pharmacy parking lots waiting sometimes... you can just tell. i call them the zombies.

Sadly I believe his wife is very much 'in the dark' regarding his personal life. I also believe his frequent trips from Florida to Maine involved a lot more than another woman. It is a very long drive and with the high cost of gas, he could have gotten a better deal by using an airline - unless, of course, the purpose of the trip couldn't be transported in that manner.

For his family's sake, I hope he is found soon, although I doubt he will be found alive.

:(

MOO

Why do you think she is unaware of his activies?

Florida has long been the nation’s center of the illegal sale of prescription drugs: Doctors here bought 89 percent of all the Oxycodone sold in the country last year. At its peak, so many out-of-staters flocked to Florida to buy drugs at more than 1,000 pain clinics that the state earned the nickname “Oxy Express.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/us/01drugs.html?pagewanted=all

I live here in SW Florida so I know exactly what you mean. They are always busting pill shoppers and clinics. Pharmacy's are being robbed at record numbers. It's crazy. This pill epidemic is worse than anything I have ever seen. Worse than coke, crack, heroin, etc... I would put a tie on Meth though? Meth is just as bad as the pills!

Maine needs to investigate his disappearance and Florida needs to investigate his "trips" up to Maine and who was all involved in it?

Thats Great! Smart thinking.... When I first moved to Fl from up North, my insurance only included 2 doctors in the area. I was shocked, really. The pain docs hours were posted on the wall, 3 nights a week. My doc was there in the morning for 2 hours, and shady characters always showed up looking for their pills that had to be turned away. Once I changed insurance I found a real doc, but wow.... scary stuff. you see them in the pharmacy parking lots waiting sometimes... you can just tell. i call them the zombies.

I don't have insurance? I finally found my now regular doctor from an article in the newspaper because he has a program he has for people without insurance. $75.00 a month membership fee and he does everything a regular doctor would do. He's great. We always talk about the prescription pill problem. He tells me he gets at least 10 people a day trying to get him to prescribe pills.

I agree with Thumbtack, I think that the wife knows everything and supports what he is doing. There's a lot of money made from it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back