GUILTY MO - Eddie Salazar, 8 months, Carthage, 4 February 2010

This is the 3rd AMBER Alert for an abduction by "unknown masked men" in the past few weeks. We are 1/2 with them ending okay. I'm hoping that this one for baby Eddie (3 feet tall! Really?!) ends safely like Christian's did, and not like Aveion's.

Sadly it sounds like the current script du jour going around. And it never ends well.

Carthage Police Chief Dagnan said an Amber Alert has been issued in the Four-State Area and police have been in touch with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
A Highway Patrol spokesman said the child was dressed only in a blue “onesy” and there is extreme concern about the child’s exposure to the weather conditions today.
Police say the child, Eddie Salazar, was taken after two men broke into the family home in north Carthage, ransacked the house and assaulted the father. The father was knocked unconscious, according to Carthage Police Capt. Randee Kaiser. Dagnan later said that the father, whose name is not being released, was not hospitalized.
Police are not releasing the names of either parent, but did say that several adults were home at the time of the abduction. Dagnan said he did not think that drugs were involved. Two men wearing ski masks entered the home.
“Weapons were displayed. At least one weapon was a knife,” Dagnan said.
Dagnan said it was not known if the intruders came to the house to take the child, or if that was done as an afterthought.
“Something that looks random is rarely random,” Dagnan said.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_036125334.html

I searched case net in Jasper County and found a man with the same first and last name as Eddie (don't know if I can post it) born in 1981. I don't think there'd be many by that name in Carthage MO. In fact, the numerous criminal charges all belong to the same person.

Description: Property Damage 1st Degree { Felony D RSMo: 569.100 }
Date: 03/09/2000 Code: 2311000 Disposition: Guilty Plea - 04/17/2000
Facility Name: PROBATION Agency: MISSOURI BOARD OF PROBATION & PAROLE
Classification: SUPERVISED
Outcome: Probation Revoked
Start Date: 06/12/2000 Assigned Length: 5 Years Completed Date: 03/18/2002

Description: Dwi - Alcohol { Misdemeanor B RSMo: 577.010 }
Date: 10/04/2009 Code: 4742000

Description: Robbery - 2nd Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.030 }
Date: 11/23/2001 Code: 1202000 Disposition: Guilty Plea - 12/05/2003

Description: Stalking- 1st Offense { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 565.225 }
Date: 08/05/2001 Code: 3423000 Disposition: Guilty Plea - 10/01/2001

Description: Dwr(Susp Prob Cause .10% { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 302.321 }
Date: 04/26/2003 Code: 4666600 Disposition: Guilty Plea - 09/09/

More details coming out: "A Highway Patrol spokesman said the child was dressed only in a blue “onesy” and there is extreme concern about the child’s exposure to the weather conditions today.

Police say the child, Eddie Salazar, was taken after two men broke into the family home in north Carthage, ransacked the house and assaulted the father. The father was knocked unconscious, according to Carthage Police Capt. Randee Kaiser. Dagnan later said that the father, whose name is not being released, was not hospitalized.

Police are not releasing the names of either parent, but did say that several adults were home at the time of the abduction. Dagnan said he did not think that drugs were involved. Two men wearing ski masks entered the home."

More at link.

Odd that several people were at the home when it was ransacked and the baby taken, but no one sees which way they went or what they were driving. There had to be noise and a struggle for at least a few minutes. And wouldn't they at least have the father checked out at a hospital if he was knocked unconscious?

I hope they find the baby soon. It's cold and snowy there.

More than 20 Missouri State Highway Patrol vehicles were parked in a one-block radius surrounding the home where the kidnapping occurred.
Also on the scene were officers from Webb City, Carl Junction, Joplin and the Jasper County Sheriff’s Department. Law enforcement academy students from Missouri Southern State University were also on the scene.
Patrol Spokesman Sgt. Mike Watson said he didn’t have an exact count of how many officers were on the scene but the officers were divided into teams and fanning out across the area surrounding the home.
“This is still an active search, we’re still looking for this child in this neighborhood,” Watson said. “The students give us extra eyes and we are able to cover more ground than we could with just the officers on the scene.”
Watson said police had scheduled a press conference for 2 p.m. today at Memorial Hall in Carthage where they hoped to release more details about the incident.

A nice family
Boswell, who said she’s lived in the neighborhood for 30 years, said she had met the man and woman and a toddler who lived in the home next door a number of times and they seemed like nice people.
She said she spoke to the father more often than the mother because she didn’t speak English and he did.
“He was real friendly and she would always wave when I saw her,” Boswell said. “They were nice people. He had a boxer puppy and I came out and talked with him about puppies a few times.”
Boswell said the family moved into the home last summer. She had met a toddler but had never met the baby.
“This is a quiet neighborhood, never too much of a ruckus here,” Boswell said. “The man who lived in that house before this family had heart trouble and we’d see an ambulance there some times. We also had a fire back behind my house a few years back but that’s about it.”
Boswell said she saw a tow truck come in early Friday morning and take the family’s car.
“I just hope that family’s alright and they find that boy okay,” she said. “It’s scary. I’ve got grandkids and it’s just scary.”
http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x655689910/UPDATED-CARTHAGE-CHILD-KIDNAPPED

More details coming out: "A Highway Patrol spokesman said the child was dressed only in a blue “onesy” and there is extreme concern about the child’s exposure to the weather conditions today.

Police are not releasing the names of either parent, but did say that several adults were home at the time of the abduction. Dagnan said he did not think that drugs were involved. Two men wearing ski masks entered the home."

More at link.

Odd that several people were at the home when it was ransacked and the baby taken, but no one sees which way they went or what they were driving. There had to be noise and a struggle for at least a few minutes. And wouldn't they at least have the father checked out at a hospital if he was knocked unconscious?

I hope they find the baby soon. It's cold and snowy there.

What a beautiful little boy. I have a sinking feeling that he's dead. Praying that my gut is wrong.

And why are the parents names not being released?? Several adults in the house??

if law enforcement really buys this then they need more coffee.
i cant believe we'd have two ski mask attacks within 12 hours of each other, i dont care how far apart they are.

And why are the parents names not being released?? Several adults in the house??

I'm pretty sure I found them. I checked 411 and it looks like both family members listed w/ ES participated in the armed robbery in 2002.

~BBM~
Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan said officers spent the night verifying that this was a real kidnapping and gathering information.
“We try to verify this kind of thing before we send out an Amber Alert,” Dagnan said. “We know the effectiveness of these alerts is lost if we send out lots of alerts that aren’t real so we try vigorously to verify everything we can before sending one out.”
Dagnan said police are not sure why the two masked men broke into the home on the north side of Carthage or whether their intentions were to take the child all along.
“We know there was forcible entry and people were assaulted in the home,” Dagnan said. “Whether the intent was to take the child in the first place, that was the end result.”
Police said the men knocked the father unconscious before ransacking the home and taking the child.

“We’ve spent all night talking to family members and trying to find any connection to anyone who might have wanted to take the child,” Dagnan said. “But to tell you names of suspects, I can’t do that right now.”
http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x...d-kidnapped-from-Carthage-home-Friday-morning

I haven't read to the end of the thread yet - so sorry if this has already been mentioned. This does sound similar to Christian's story from yesterday. My hinky meter is on low with LE stating they "know there was forcible entry".

Now I want to know about Dad's injuries? If he fought back, did he get any DNA on him from one of the perps? Was he able to scratch one of them somewhere? Were they wearing gloves? Did they hit him and perhaps cause a tear in a knuckle? Did Dad go to the hospital for the head injury that caused him to be knocked out?

Salem

So dad didn't go to the hospital? I would like to see more info on the other members of the household and why they did not help?

Prayers for this little one - I hope he is okay and found soon.

Salem

I'm pretty sure I found them. I checked 411 and it looks like both family members listed w/ ES participated in the armed robbery in 2002.

Uh Oh...that's not good.

New details emerge concerning abduction of Carthage child

CARTHAGE, Mo. — Law enforcement official say the mother was at work when intruders broke into a Carthage family’s home and took an eight-month-old child after assaulting the father.

There was another child in the house that was not taken, according to Sgt. Mike Watson, of the Missouri Highway Patrol.

A press conference on the abduction was to start at 2 p.m. at Carthage Memorial Hall.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_036145818.html

Was there a press conference??

Full name of baby...Eddie Alegandro Salazar

oooops...I think he's also a Jr.

Sadly it sounds like the current script du jour going around. And it never ends well.

I'm very skeptical about this story. This story is a repeat that has been used numerous times in the past year for missing babies and children. One of the parents is knocked out and the baby taken. I don't believe it, at all. JMO.

Hope this baby is found and is okay. When I started reading the thread, all I could think of was Aveion Lewis. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back