Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is our member, Summer_Breeze, aware of this thread? She is extremely dedicated in the search for missing persons, and has opened many, many threads on Websleuths for the missing.

I just wonder if she may recognize someone. I will message her now.

We should all try to bring to this thread everyone that we know who has been devoted to the missing persons threads, in particular. The more 'eyes', the more potential answers.

Keep in mind there was another Photographer/Serial Killer operating around the L.A. area in 1978 as well: William Bradford. They also found around 50 unidentified women on his camera. I think I was approached by him, and he asked me to pose "semi-nude".

I am so glad I found this thread. I was looking for it yesterday. This remind me so much of the serial killer in Florida - Bradford was his last name. LE found tons of photographs in his posession too and did much the same thing these cops are doing.

It is very eerie looking at these pictures yet oddly fascinating. I can't quit flipping through them wondering who these women were, where they are know, did they have families, so many questions. A lot of the women in the pics found in Bradford's posession after his arrest were identified and many of them were alive and well. Let us hope that is the case here.

I am sorry to be redundant or annoying but I have read through several articles and can't really get a clear answer. Does LE think these pics are specific to one area like California or were taking all over the country? Acala moved around a lot from what I have read. In other words as I am looking through Charley project should I be focused on one state or several?

I am sorry to be redundant or annoying but I have read through several articles and can't really get a clear answer. Does LE think these pics are specific to one area like California or were taking all over the country? Acala moved around a lot from what I have read. In other words as I am looking through Charley project should I be focused on one state or several?

I thought I'd answered this question before, sorry. They know he committed murders in California, New York, and probably New Hampshire and Washington. Some of the photos even appear to have been taken in other countries. So no, don't limit yourself geographically.

Keep in mind there was another Photographer/Serial Killer operating around the L.A. area in 1978 as well: William Bradford. They also found around 50 unidentified women on his camera. I think I was approached by him, and he asked me to pose "semi-nude".

I am so glad I found this thread. I was looking for it yesterday. This remind me so much of the serial killer in Florida - Bradford was his last name. LE found tons of photographs in his posession too and did much the same thing these cops are doing.

It is very eerie looking at these pictures yet oddly fascinating. I can't quit flipping through them wondering who these women were, where they are know, did they have families, so many questions. A lot of the women in the pics found in Bradford's posession after his arrest were identified and many of them were alive and well. Let us hope that is the case here.
This is the same guy I was talking about... he got around too.

Thank you, Kimster... I was going to say the same thing- the lower eastern part of Southern California is mostly desert, just like in the pictures.

The desert backgrounds could be in Death Valley, Joshua Tree, 29 Palms, Palm Springs, even Barstow, and their surrounding areas.

Yes, good point, it certainly could be, but the vegetation's often different, and California desert tends to be more rugged, less flat. Also tend to be more tan or beige and less of the stark alkali-laden white. I don't think any of the pictures have enough detail to make a positive identification. We should look for women missing from any desert area, even down into Mexico.

There was also Christopher Wilder who focused his killing on photographic models and was also a charming, presentable psychopath (out of Florida and known to have been active in the 1980s).

I thought I'd answered this question before, sorry. They know he committed murders in California, New York, and probably New Hampshire and Washington. Some of the photos even appear to have been taken in other countries. So no, don't limit yourself geographically.

Sorry carbuff - I think you did. I get a little over-excited sometimes and just want to jump in without properly researching first. Thank you for clarifying.

I think he stalked his victims and took before pictures in their natual enviroment and after pictures as they gradually realized the situation they were in. Must have made him feel powerful. I have no doubt some of them are dead just from the expressions on their faces.

I think he stalked his victims and took before pictures in their natual enviroment and after pictures as they gradually realized the situation they were in. Must have made him feel powerful. I have no doubt some of them are dead just from the expressions on their faces.

I think that is a possibility. In one of the articles it said after one of the many times he was arrested police found a bunch of pics of young children and they thought he had been stalking them and taking their pics without them knowing.

How creepy to know he had your picture and you could be missing. I hope more come forward.

When I was about 14 I was fishing on a pier and was approached by a man older than me. He said he was a photographer and wanted to take my picture. Seemed quite charming at the time, but looking back it probably didn't take much to charm a 14-year-old. Anyhow, my dad saw this take place and he came over, telling the mystery guy to take a hike. I remember being SO mad at my dad - finally a boy was paying attention to me! - but as I got older I could see how dad may have saved me from something awful.

The timing (1986 or so) and location (MI) doesn't really work out for this case, but looking over all of these pics jogged that memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken