Possible match - duct tape found on gas cans seized from Anthony's home

Sammi99

Reaction score
Duct Tape, Trash Bag Link?

Meanwhile, Local 6 News learned Thursday that a gas can with apparent duct tape on it that was seized from the home of George and Cindy Anthony, where Casey Anthony and Caylee lived, is being compared to duct tape found over Caylee's mouth because the tape appears to be identical.

Does anyone have any thoughts or pictures of seized gas cans with duct tape on them ?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18543583/detail.html

The first story is about George but scroll down to the Duct Tape, Trash Bag Link? for the full story.

Meanwhile, Local 6 News learned Thursday that a gas can with apparent duct tape on it that was seized from the home of George and Cindy Anthony, where Casey Anthony and Caylee lived, is being compared to duct tape found over Caylee's mouth because the tape appears to be identical.

Does anyone have any thoughts or pictures of seized gas cans with duct tape on them ?

The first story is about George but scroll down to the Duct Tape, Trash Bag Link? for the full story.

Since I believe I read that the search warrant on Dec 11 did not recover any duct tape, hopefully they can match the duct tape they found on Caylee to the tape from the gas cans.

Meanwhile.....

back at the shed......where the 'gas cans' live....

(this is like an ongoing TV series)

Since I believe I read that the search warrant on Dec 11 did not recover any duct tape, hopefully they can match the duct tape they found on Caylee to the tape from the gas cans.

We have not seen the list of items taken from the house. We have only seen what LE was looking for.

Just wanted to add that this is the same metal gas can that was in Casey's trunk, the one's she threw at George.

snipped from local 6: The gas can was seized by investigators Aug. 1 from the Anthony home. Local 6 News showed video of the metal gas can, which appeared to have silver duct tape on it.

George Anthony told investigators that Casey Anthony had his gas cans in the trunk of her car in mid-June after he reported them stolen. The gas can would have been in the same trunk where detectives believe Caylee's body was for at least two days, Local 6 News reported.

On the news they showed the cans with a patch of duct tape on them. If these matched it may say alot about what happened with GA. It is these things that will make the case:detective:

I hate it when media uses the wordings they use...Like "apparently"..for one thing, where is their source of info from and theres been no confirmation on any lab results yet......unless there is a leak........but for media to say "apparently" about duct tape, garbage bags..........of course these items will "apparently" look a like.....so unless the results are in from the FBI Lab .....RUMOR???

On the news they showed the cans with a patch of duct tape on them. If these matched it may say alot about what happened with GA. It is these things that will make the case:detective:

I guess perhaps a leak like this getting back to the family could cause GA to spiral out of control .....of course this is another thread. So perhaps a leak on info that the family got yesterday. But until they release the documents that confirm a match, the media should back up their sources. Im just saying that, because there is so much rumor about this case that it leads many to go off in many angles with theories. Would be nice for a change to get clear facts. If it is a match, then RUH ROH for the defense.

We have not seen the list of items taken from the house. We have only seen what LE was looking for.
True. However, I was thinking the discussion pertaining to the lack to duct tape at the residence was around the first of this year. Unless I have gone around the bend...which is entirely possible. :crazy:

True. However, I was thinking the discussion pertaining to the lack to duct tape at the residence was around the first of this year. Unless I have gone around the bend...which is entirely possible. :crazy:

I was also under the impression that the 2 searches done after the remains were found did not result in any rolls of duct tape being found, I think that was stated by B. Conway. That is why the duct tape on the gas can is all the more significant.

A match on the duct tape would not be good news for Casey or her defense, that's very true. Ditto the Pooh blanket, the sticker heart and the clothing being traced to what Caylee was wearing the last time anyone aside from the immediate family saw her alive which would have been June 15, 2008 (Shirley P. and the Nursing home staff).

Not for nothing, but silver duct tape is almost always identicle. You can get the generic stuff, homestays, home depot brand, real duct tape, etc.. Unless they can match a pattern in a lab, looking similar doesn't mean a thing. Maybe if it was red, black, blue or yellow duct tape on both color which they do make.

Not for nothing, but silver duct tape is almost always identicle. You can get the generic stuff, homestays, home depot brand, real duct tape, etc.. Unless they can match a pattern in a lab, looking similar doesn't mean a thing. Maybe if it was red, black, blue or yellow duct tape on both color which they do make.

If the duct tape was from the same roll, as the duct tape on the recovered bag with Caylee's remains, it can be determined though forensic testing and comparison. It is possible to determine if it came from the same batch and manufacturer. We will have to wait and see. If so, Im guessing with all the evidence on the plate. Defense should be scrambling to plea a deal for their petulant client. Any less, would not be in her interest, though it might be for JBs high profile career aspirations.

I was also under the impression that the 2 searches done after the remains were found did not result in any rolls of duct tape being found, I think that was stated by B. Conway. That is why the duct tape on the gas can is all the more significant.
Thank you.
Yes, it certainly does make it more significant. Hopefully, we can get a picture or video of the gas can in question.
I was thinking about how duct tape could end up on the gas can and one speculation I have is this. The tape could have been the first piece torn off by Casey and it could have become stuck to itself, rendering it almost useless.
I hope this is the case and the ends can be matched up.

Thank you.
Yes, it certainly does make it more significant. Hopefully, we can get a picture or video of the gas can in question.
I was thinking about how duct tape could end up on the gas can and one speculation I have is this. The tape could have been the first piece torn off by Casey and it could have become stuck to itself, rendering it almost useless.
I hope this is the case and the ends can be matched up.

Very good news if this pans out. With the tape and the trash bag it's beginning to look like the A's are 'unconsciously' providing some very good evidence after all.

Video showing the gas can...

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/17110664/index.html

Photo of the gas can here...

http://spoiledmom-mommyconfessions.blogspot.com/2009/01/casey-anthony-saga-video-shows-gas-cans.html

A match on the duct tape would not be good news for Casey or her defense, that's very true. Ditto the Pooh blanket, the sticker heart and the clothing being traced to what Caylee was wearing the last time anyone aside from the immediate family saw her alive which would have been June 15, 2008 (Shirley P. and the Nursing home staff).
Was it a "sticker heart" actually retrieved with the remains or was it the shape of a heart residue on the duct tape?

My problem with there being a match, if the duct tape that Casey used on Caylee is the duct tape that Casey "lost" that belonged to Amy from the no-clothes party. Not from the same roll of duct tape that was used on the gas can.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back