CANADA Canada - Melanie Temperton, 20, Mascouche, QC, 21 Sept 1988

~n/t~

Reaction score
$10,000 reward put up for info on woman’s disappearance 24 years ago

The mother of a young woman who disappeared 24 years ago is hoping that a reward of $10,000 might jog someone’s memory as to the fate of her daughter.

“Somebody out there knows something and I’m hoping that behind a closed door is someone who can give us something to work with,” said Gwen Vatcher-Temperton as she plastered posters of her missing daughter around her former childhood neighbourhood.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/reward+info+woman+disappearance+years/7266618/story.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 232DFQC

http://doenetwork.org/cases/232dfqc.html

From the link you provided above ~n/t~...

The Doe Network: Case File 232DFQC

snipped...

Temperton was last seen in her hometown of Mascouche, Quebec Canada on September 21, 1988. She phoned her mom to say she was staying at a friend's house for the night. The next day, her mother tried to call her at work and was told she hadn't been in to work.

For weeks police told Temperton she would hear from her daughter, who was living at her parents' rural home near Mascouche, Que. She has never been heard from again.

Police suspect foul play was involved in her disappearance.

The motel still exists. I wonder if some of the employees who worked there are still around. Motel staff, etc.

Mom seems to believe the person who has information on Melanie's disappearance lives in Mascouche but I wonder if it would be helpful if they put up flyers near the motel.

Who knows. Maybe someone who remembers this case will come forward?

http://motelmetromontreal.com/

Sad that they didn't take her case seriously. It was treated as a runaway. Someone dropped the ball. :(

Family of woman missing 24 years hopes for 'miracle'

Her mother, Gwen Temperton, said her daughter failed to show up for work. That's when she called police.

"She went out one night and called me in the evening to let me know that she wouldn't be home that night," Temperton said.

"Getting back and forth from the city was hard, so she told me she was going to be staying with a friend, so I didn't panic. The next day I didn't hear from her, and the next evening I started to say, 'This is strange, she didn't call me today.' And then later on that evening, I said to my husband, 'Something's not right here, she always calls.'

"The next morning I knew something was wrong."

The Tempertons haven't seen their daughter since.

hi-missingwoman-852-8col.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/09/20/missing-woman-mascouche.html?cmp=rss

Hey! Do you think Melanie might have been into Céline Dion >>>> ????

Incognito tournée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Céline Dion toured Quebec only. The Incognito tournée started on January 11, 1988 at the Theatre du Cuivre, Rouyn-Noranda. Dion gave 7 concerts in the northern region of Quebec and 2 in Laval.

Dion gave a series of 42 consecutive shows at the Saint-Denis Theatre in Montreal. She performed there for a month starting on February 10, 1988, and later between April 12-17, 1988, June 14-19, 1988, September 21-24, 1988 and December 14-18, 1988.

http://theatrestdenis.com/

one bus from motel to theatre: http://goo.gl/maps/nXYow

long shot, i know, just wondering what was happening in Montreal that Wednesday night that had her getting a room....

FWIW, I don't think she was into Celine Dion but I could be wrong. Didn't her mom say she was into the wrong crowd?? I'm thinking more rock concerts...like Metallica, Motley Crue. Who else was popular back then? I wasn't into that type of music but my brother was. Will try to find out if there were any concerts scheduled by these bands when she disappeared.

Also, very popular back then was a male strip club. Club 281.

I wonder why meeting up with her friend fell through. How did she get from her friend's house to the motel and who were these other friends she met up with? Were they from Montreal or Mascouche?

The motel still exists. I wonder if some of the employees who worked there are still around. Motel staff, etc.

Mom seems to believe the person who has information on Melanie's disappearance lives in Mascouche but I wonder if it would be helpful if they put up flyers near the motel.

Who knows. Maybe someone who remembers this case will come forward?

http://motelmetromontreal.com/

I wondered about this too ~n/t~. Why not search in the area where she was last known to be?

Bumping for Melanie, she has to be somewhere. She was twenty years old when last seen, but in the photo provided, Melanie looks younger than that, imo.

http://www.crimesnonresolus.com/en/cold-cases/melanie_temperton.html

"Mélanie Temperton was reported missing on September 21, 1988. She was last seen at the Motel Métro, located on rue Lajeunesse in Montréal, where she rented a room using her credit card. During her stay in Montréal, she reportedly met with friends in various locations."

Mélanie Temperton | Cold cases - Sûreté du Québec
melanie_temperton.jpg

File Number:
171-930623-004

''Mélanie Temperton
Mélanie Temperton was reported missing on September 21, 1988. She was last seen at the Motel Métro, located on rue Lajeunesse in Montréal, where she rented a room using her credit card. During her stay in Montréal, she reportedly met with friends in various locations.

Mélanie Temperton, 20 years old, was reported missing from her mother’s home in Mascouche, and has not been seen since.

If you have any information that could help solve this crime, contact the Centrale de l’information criminelle of the Sûreté du Québec at 1 800 659-4264.''

Photos of the motel where Melanie was last seen..
https://www.google.com/travel/hotel...d=0CAAQ5JsGahcKEwiI1qXRgLXtAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQCg

Motel Métro, located on rue Lajeunesse in Montréal - Google Search
''Hotel details
In a modest, low-rise building on a tree-lined street, this casual motel is a 3-minute walk from Station Sauvé metro stop, 8 minutes from Parc Henri-Julien, and 9.3 km from the Université du Québec à Montréal.

The down-to-earth rooms come with TVs and air-conditioning. Some rooms have whirlpool baths, sitting areas and mirrored ceilings. Extended-stay units are also available.

On-site parking is complimentary.''

Last edited:
La SQ relance l'enquête sur la disparition de Mélanie Temperton
Translation..
Google Translate
''Updated September 20, 2012 rbbm.
Twenty-four years after the mysterious disappearance of Mélanie Temperton, her relatives launch a campaign to find her, no matter what happened to her. We especially want to put pressure on one person in particular, who was very close to the missing person.''

''Her father, Fred Temperton, remembers that day well. “I had gone to dinner with my daughter at St-Hubert in Terrebonne. Afterwards, I went to drive her home to her mother, here in Mascouche. She said to me, "Remember that I will love you forever." And I saw her come into the house. I never saw her again, ”says Temperton.

Mélanie's mother, Gwen Temperton-Vatcher, was not at home that evening. A friend, Josée Walsh, went to pick her up from her home to bring her to another of their friends, in the Saint-Laurent sector of Montreal.

“This friend said afterwards that Mélanie had never returned home. We learned later, by tracing the operations of her credit card, that she had rented a room at the Metro Motel on avenue Lajeunesse [in Montreal], ”says Ms. Walsh.

She never used her cards again, nor her bank accounts, according to her father.

His daughter's singular goodbye that evening made him believe that something was up. But he does not believe that his daughter decided of her own accord to step out of the lives of those close to him.''

“At the end of the 90s, we already had the information that she could have been buried near her sister [who died of an illness before Mélanie's disappearance], in Mascouche. We dug, and we found nothing, ”explains Pina Arcamone, director of the organization Enfant Retour, which oversees the recovery operation.

“We don't even want to know who is giving the information. We just want a clue to find her, ”adds Fred Temperton.

Without wishing to go into details, relatives say they suspect a particular person to be aware of certain information relating to the disappearance of the young woman.

“There is a person of interest who may have a connection with the disappearance. We want this new media release to put pressure on her or those around her.''

The Doe Network: Case File 232DFQC
''Case File 232DFQC
MTemperton.jpg
MTemperton1.jpg
MTemperton2.jpg

Left and Center : Temperton, circa 1988; Right : Progressed to age 35 years

Melanie Lynn Temperton
Missing since September 21, 1988 from Mascouche, Quebec Canada
    • Date Of Birth: April 3, 1968
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    • Height and Weight: 5'3", 124 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; blue eyes. Blood type: A Positive.
    • Clothing: Sweater Black, White; Shoes White, mocassins Jeans Blue
    • Jewelry: Jewelry Silver, Neck/Cou, silver necklace and diamond ring.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson