GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that there's a casemap in my sig, and I made a hugely comprehensive timeline in the last thread that can be bumped and brought forward if need be, and someone else made a very helpful post of names/abbreviations/initials that pertain to this case. Those three items would probably be very useful to have in one of the opening posts of the thread, or at least to have brought forward to the end here now.

Nothing new that I've read so far today, or new at all since I transcribed last night's shows (thanks to ACR for doing it again for me, and more precisely this time - the splinter in my finger last night was massive and it was very difficult for me to use one finger which meant I was going very slowly).

If anyone can volunteer in the scanner thread to transcribe while TES searches today that would be very nice. I will try, as always, to do some but I have children off school on summer break now like most of us here and my time isn't really my own now for the next couple/few months. :seeya:

I'd love to help but by the time I wake up I think you guys are pretty much calling it a day... Lemme check the time zones and ill see what I can do all the way from Australia x

I cannot for the life of me find the images I meant to share here yesterday of the signs that have been made by children and taped with silver duct tape to the outside of a house (I think it may have been 704 Federal but I am not sure).

The images showed posters signed by TJ's GF's daughter, there were like 3-4 of them and in every one of them was included the word "ANGEL" which I think is because she is likely hearing from people around her that Elaina is an angel now. I wanted to share the images here and see how others felt, they all say things like "BRING THIS ANGEL HOME"...

I realize many people who are only vaguely familiar with this case <modsnip>
(And I"ve never heard a small child refer to a peer as a little angel before either.)

If anyone can find those images please post them or a link to them so I can post them here.

Thanks.

I'd love to help but by the time I wake up I think you guys are pretty much calling it a day... Lemme check the time zones and ill see what I can do all the way from Australia x

But see then you can work our "night shift" during your days! :)

(and everyone knows, like that old song from the 80s goes, "the freaks come out at night!")

I cannot for the life of me find the images I meant to share here yesterday of the signs that have been made by children and taped with silver duct tape to the outside of a house (I think it may have been 704 Federal but I am not sure).

The images showed posters signed by TJ's GF's daughter, there were like 3-4 of them and in every one of them was included the word "ANGEL" which I think is because she is likely hearing from people around her that Elaina is an angel now. I wanted to share the images here and see how others felt, they all say things like "BRING THIS ANGEL HOME"...

I realize many people who are only vaguely familiar with this case <modsnip> (And I"ve never heard a four year old refer to a peer as a little angel before either.)

If anyone can find those images please post them or a link to them so I can post them here.

Thanks.

I have always felt odd when someone uses past tense when talking about a missing person.

I think it's a little weird for it the sign to say angel. It implies that she is already gone. :(

(snipped by Cheese)

Thanks.

The pictures are here

http://www.wspd.com/photos/main/elaina-steinfurth-case-357261/#/14/21024443

Signs made my neighborhood kids and Elaina's friends

thumb.php

i hate to even think it, but i thinkshe is with the lord now. who would keep a baby this long? with thus much pressure?

Thanks, TheCheese, as always.

Just a reminder that there's a casemap in my sig, and I made a hugely comprehensive timeline in the last thread that can be bumped and brought forward if need be, and someone else made a very helpful post of names/abbreviations/initials that pertain to this case. Those three items would probably be very useful to have in one of the opening posts of the thread, or at least to have brought forward to the end here now.

Nothing new that I've read so far today, or new at all since I transcribed last night's shows (thanks to ACR for doing it again for me, and more precisely this time - the splinter in my finger last night was massive and it was very difficult for me to use one finger which meant I was going very slowly).

If anyone can volunteer in the scanner thread to transcribe while TES searches today that would be very nice. I will try, as always, to do some but I have children off school on summer break now like most of us here and my time isn't really my own now for the next couple/few months. :seeya:

I'm going to try to listen while at work if I hear anything of interest I will post.

yes but as the media put it... -they had thought the issues had "resolved themselves.." now what the?... now HOW exactly would they "resolve themselves" IF CPS didnt step in and make any kind of orders, visits, etc especially when you have so many calls implicating abuse on childeren?? Im sorry, but yes I feel they failed Elaina as well. Very much so.. wouldnt have taken a rocket scientist to figure out whats going on there.. addresses, people involved, area or drugs.. there should have been at least regular contact with this mother I think. Such a beautiful child, and possibly life cut short because of so much negligence, family, neighbours, friends, (?) CPS, possibly drugs and crime. :tantrum:

And also, wouldn't CPS have gone to the King house while A and children were living there? They would have, should have, removed those children from that filth. That house should be condemned.

I am at work and have several meetings today but will try and listen and post anything interesting as well.

GGE....go spend some time with your kiddos! You have done so much for us!

Praying that today is the day that Elaina gets to come home!

And also, wouldn't CPS have gone to the King house while A and children were living there? They would have, should have, removed those children from that filth. That house should be condemned.

they removed kids that day e disappeared, so my gusss is that they didnt catch up with as while she was there.

but, for the record, one is not legally required to allow cps to enter a home without a warrant. fourth amendment.

I have always felt odd when someone uses past tense when talking about a missing person.

I think it's a little weird for it the sign to say angel. It implies that she is already gone. :(

not necessarily! i call my daughter angel all the time and her name isn't angel. lol. keep your head up! :)

i hate to even think it, but i thinkshe is with the lord now. who would keep a baby this long? with thus much pressure?

I very sadly agree with you - I can't see anyone holding her for this long and if she was straight up kidnapped, then THAT would have been the fairy tale the mom told, instead of bringing up injuries. I can hope only now that this family finds peace and the truth about what happened. And of course justice for who is responsible.

These cases make me very very sad. Now, I go pick up my daughter and give her a tighter hug.

One thing I am not clear on, can someone please be so kind as to up-date me, there are so many turns and twists to this on going saga!!

Where was A. living before she called around looking for a place to stay on June 1st, and ended up at S.K. mother's house, I am totally confused on this point. Why was she looking for a place to live or go to for a night, or nights??

Everything else I am up to date with but that (1) aspect.

Thank you!!

If the scanners never had good info there wouldn't be a whole forum full of lengthy threads for listening and transcribing scanner feeds.

I can't say it was pleasant to listen to Tim Bosma's recovery, but it happened. Due to Canada's laws regarding scanners I was not able to post that I was listening to him be recovered at the time. It was heartbreaking hearing how excited dispatch was until LE actually had to talk louder, over her to say "HE WAS.. .HE WAS... DOA" (we now know that was putting it mildly, he was in fact incinerated)

I dont' know about TES searches being on there. I can only post for her sake how I would for anyone else's, and for every case that I decide to dedicate myself to, I work the scanner as part of that personal dedication. Just the way I roll.

ETA - scanner thread link. Even THAT has gone on to thread #2 now. :(

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I know from following TES in the past that Tim Miller insists on working closely with LE when it comes to searches, so with that in mind, *IF* anything suspicious were to be found, I would think there might be some scanner chatter to direct LE into the area in question. JMO. Makes sense to me.

:seeya:

I had to laugh at Frank last night, as the few nights that I saw him he wore a Black Suit Jacket white shirt and tie, last night a cut off tank top with his tattoo showing and also showing his muscular arms, I think he is a good looking man, but I think he has begun to love his time on both shows NG and JVM, and maybe he wishes to be on the next Bachelor Show!!

Really they need to take him off their show, we have heard all he knows.

I had to laugh at the mysterious Frank last night also with his muscle shirt and tattoos. I don't know if he's lovin' being on the shows but I'm lovin' watching him !

I also noticed he has an accent that is not of Northern Ohio. Not quite southern but maybe WV, but not deep in the hills. What do you think?

And yeah, he is good looking. Wonder who his lucky GF is that LE wanted to talk to? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288