NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost it again. Have it saved but can't link it, I think it violates TOS. I'm going to look around a bit more, see if there's a better way. Try searching under trafficking and the State Dept and NC.

Sorry- we're still double checking the TOS.

Oriah

Thanks, or you could just PM a mod, they will answer any question you have regarding the TOS if you are not sure.

Is it the article about the student march?

Also of note- and could be pertinent in any number of cases including this one re: child *advertiser censored*....are people aware that many 'free' sights on the internet that advertise conversion methods of devices like iTouches, etc (that are not supposed to be used as phones) are actually disguised to look like 'real' Apple, Mac, or IMB sites- and allow 'free' conversion of certain devices to enable them to be used as cell phones or other transmission devices?
They also enable GPS tracking on devices that are not supposed to have them. In otherwords- your kid might have an iTouch to play video games on and nothing more. But your child can also log onto the internet, download software from one of these sites, and bam- send and receive txt and cell phone messages from their iTouch. They're also being tracked by pedophiles because they now have all of their personal information. KWIM?

Just something else to be aware of when electronic devices come into play in cases. These days, its not simply a question of pictures on a computer.

Oriah

Ugh... you know as quick as little kids learn how to use a PC and electronic devices - it would be entirely possible to end up somewhere they had no plans on going... til too late.

I wish I had the time to go look.
There were 2 computers and when the cop came back there was one. We never herd more about it.

I thought LE got the missing PC back from the pregnant gf of MAM after they told her they knew there were two and she was interfering with an investigation - she claimed to be moving out and claimed that to be the only reason she had taken it??? I could be remembering wrong...

That sounds somewhat familiar LCoastMom. I do remember a deal with the computer. And I do remember the girlfriend cooperating with LE, but beyond that, I don't remember much. I'm sure the info is somewhere in the threads.

I've often thought of going back and reading all the threads and taking notes. But, to find the time. KWIM

I don't think the investigation has been hushed for any reason other than they are collecting evidence for trial. NC is not as open with info as Florida. JMO

It will all come out in trial. IMO.

Now, as far the new news, I can't wait to find out what it is. I've looked and can not find anything.

Ugh... you know as quick as little kids learn how to use a PC and electronic devices - it would be entirely possible to end up somewhere they had no plans on going... til too late.

I thought LE got the missing PC back from the pregnant gf of MAM after they told her they knew there were two and she was interfering with an investigation - she claimed to be moving out and claimed that to be the only reason she had taken it??? I could be remembering wrong...

Saw it happen with a friend of mines' 11 yr old son. He didn't get hurt (thank god!) but could've been. Completely unknowingly txted a friend of his a 'red flag' phrase that popped up on a watchdog groups site. Sure enough- more than 15 SRO's w/under 16 convictions in the loop.

And yes- I believe you are correct w/the missing pc. Of course....who knows what got wiped from it in the meantime.

Is it the article about the student march?

No, it's not a news release...its actually a business (now defunct) name associated with sex trafficking and a few links associated with that business. Quite interesting to follow the trail.
I'm going to pm a mod and see about it.
Thanks.

Oriah

That sounds somewhat familiar LCoastMom. I do remember a deal with the computer. And I do remember the girlfriend cooperating with LE, but beyond that, I don't remember much. I'm sure the info is somewhere in the threads.

I've often thought of going back and reading all the threads and taking notes. But, to find the time. KWIM

I don't think the investigation has been hushed for any reason other than they are collecting evidence for trial. NC is not as open with info as Florida. JMO

It will all come out in trial. IMO.

Now, as far the new news, I can't wait to find out what it is. I've looked and can not find anything.

I agree, kimberlyd. It will come out. Shaniya deserves a fair and swift justice here on earth.

thank you Oriah, this is giving me a form to go search the incident. but I need to supply a date for the incident. :waitasec:

It was right before MAM was arrested I think. Like 11/12 or 11/13/2009.
IIRC.

Not much on the reports though.

IMO you could most likely get more info from going back and reading WS thread #14 and #15.

thank you Oriah, this is giving me a form to go search the incident. but I need to supply a date for the incident. :waitasec:

It was the day before, songline. Not a lot of info though, unfortunately. And not clear at all if anything was seized then or only at the later date.

It was right before MAM was arrested I think. Like 11/12 or 11/13/2009.
IIRC.

Not much on the reports though.

IMO you could most likely get more info from going back and reading WS thread #14 and #15.

Kimberlyd, I agree. I'm kinda curious as to what is still on file today.

Oriah

BBM
I must have missed that. I did not realize they got it back.
That begs for another question...
If he had nude pictures of babies on his phone.
I am willing to bet his computer was loaded. WHY have we not heard more on that?

When they found chloroform searched in the Anthony case in Florida it was reported immediately.
AGAIN: what do they disclose and what do they hold back on.
SORRY i am not liking the way this case is going.
I am going to trust my hinky meter.
I do appricate you telling me that they did get the comp, and then I ask myself WAS IT the right comp, or just some comp?

IMO we hear a lot more in CA case because it's in Florida - Sunshine Law

We've only had like one document dump in Shaniya's case and it had a pretty good bit of info in it, but I don't think the state has to disclose what they have. They don't have a sunshine law.

I'm confident they are holding their info close to the vest until trial.
I don't like waiting for it either, but I don't think it's a cover up or because they are trying to hush things.

JMO

Still praying for justice sweet girl.

Still praying for justice sweet girl.

Me too, Shaniya. Your flowers are overgrown with weeds right now, but more seeds are waiting for just the right weather to come up.
I hope justice for you beats them. And we're still working on the playground!

BBM
I must have missed that. I did not realize they got it back.
That begs for another question...
If he had nude pictures of babies on his phone.
I am willing to bet his computer was loaded. WHY have we not heard more on that?

When they found chloroform searched in the Anthony case in Florida it was reported immediately.
AGAIN: what do they disclose and what do they hold back on.
SORRY i am not liking the way this case is going.
I am going to trust my hinky meter.
I do appricate you telling me that they did get the comp, and then I ask myself WAS IT the right comp, or just some comp?

This was barely a blurp on the screen if I am remembering correctly. They told MAM's pregnant girlfriend why she didn't want to be found with the computer and she turned it over immediately. Claiming she was moving and didn't want it left after a break in they had gone thru or some such nonsense. And that was that.

Really is too bad they didn't have this effect on the Anthony perp :banghead::furious::banghead:

Just stopping by to show Shaniya my love and to let her know I am still praying for her justice...I think about you daily sweet angel..

This was barely a blurp on the screen if I am remembering correctly. They told MAM's pregnant girlfriend why she didn't want to be found with the computer and she turned it over immediately. Claiming she was moving and didn't want it left after a break in they had gone thru or some such nonsense. And that was that.

Really is too bad they didn't have this effect on the Anthony perp :banghead::furious::banghead:

I am sick from this hush hush...I am not believing anything much anymore....

bumpity bump Sweet Angel, we haven't forgotten, nor will we.

New article:

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/04/29/994672

Snipped:

Cumberland child abuse reports surge

A 46 percent jump in child-abuse reports last month has Cumberland County officials worried that their depleted ranks of social workers won't be able to protect vulnerable youths.

***More at Link***

Snipped regarding the part about Shaniya:

Social Services officials are still smarting from last fall's public outcry over the death of Shaniya Davis. The 5-year-old girl's body was found in woods near Sanford in November. Her grandmother said her daughter was investigated by the department.

The State Bureau of Investigation was asked to determine if department officials cooperated fully with the police investigation of Shaniya's death.

The results of the SBI investigation - and whether Social Services employees were disciplined as a result - haven't been disclosed. The personnel action may never be revealed because of the state's secrecy laws surrounding discipline of government employees.

As abuse reports soar, Social Services officials said Wednesday that 15 percent of their children-services jobs are unfilled.

"We're somewhat behind the eight ball," Assistant Director Shirley Harris told the county Social Services Board. "But we realize this is a critical area where we cannot allow these vacancies to continue."

***and this ***

The Shaniya Davis case may still be weighing on the Social Services Board.

"You have one of the most critical areas, as far as public opinion," board Chairman Chester G. Oehme told Skeens. "That's what worries me."

"It only takes one case," said another board member, Marvin Rouse. "That one case gets us killed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine