Drew Arrest Watch

Prosecutor Colleen Griffin up before 3 panel Judges. I don't think she is doing a good job explaining herself..

They are giving her a hard time.

They were both given 15min each. Defense wanted 20 minutes but was turned down.

Defense Attorney Greenberg was very loud. I cannot believe he said ”they just want to make it easier to prove the murder…” WOW. He could have said it better, a murder. lol

Peterson prosecutors argue against 'Drew's Law'

--snipped--

"In attempting to get hearsay statements admitted in Drew Peterson’s murder case, Will County prosecutors today found themselves arguing against the very law they helped create.

Saddled with a botched police investigation several years ago, State’s Attorney James Glasgow had pushed for a state statute that would allow hearsay statements against Peterson at trial. Dubbed Drew's Law by legal experts and legislators, he hailed the bill's passage as a way of letting Peterson's third and fourth wives speak from the grave.

Glasgow acknowledged the strange turn as he asked the Third District Appellate Court to ignore his statute in favor of the less-restrictive common law. “Ironically, I’m in a unique position here,” he told the three-member panel. “I wrote the statute.”

The proceedings — which were televised live, a first in state history — focused on prosecutors’ desire to admit several hearsay statements at trial.

more @ link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ue-against-drews-law-20110216,0,1247679.story

Oak Brook dismisses Steve Peterson from police force
Officer Stephen Peterson's claim about hiding weapons was 'self-serving'

--snipped--

"Drew Peterson's oldest son just lost his job at the Oak Brook Police Department.

The Oak Brook Board of Fire & Commissioners on Saturday found Officer Stephen Peterson guilty of obstructing the police investigation of his father's missing wife, Stacy Peterson, by allegedly hiding his father's guns after she vanished."

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Drew-Petersons--116531208.html

Thanks for the article, NoeticSoul. Guess that will tame that cocky, arrogant way he presents himself. He knew what he did with those guns was illegal, but just like his father, he thought he could do whatever he wanted. He's starting to end up like his father, too. No wife, no job...sorry, I have no empathy for him...he just looks and acts like a harda$$, just like papa. :banghead:

Thanks for the article, NoeticSoul. Guess that will tame that cocky, arrogant way he presents himself. He knew what he did with those guns was illegal, but just like his father, he thought he could do whatever he wanted. He's starting to end up like his father, too. No wife, no job...sorry, I have no empathy for him...he just looks and acts like a harda$$, just like papa. :banghead:

Finally! :loser:
and does he still have those poor little children.
Oh my how he has poisened their minds by now............:banghead:

Finally! :loser:
and does he still have those poor little children.
Oh my how he has poisened their minds by now............:banghead:

Bold mine

Yes! And he has yet to let any of them see any relatives from either of their Mom's families. He's a real chip off the old block, isn't he. :maddening:

Bold mine

Yes! And he has yet to let any of them see any relatives from either of their Mom's families. He's a real chip off the old block, isn't he. :maddening:

Maybe a NEW LAW will come for child's welfare!
Why did this guy get the children anyway.......
now he also broke the law and was bad cop!

Drew Peterson's Cop Kid Bids to Win Back Badge

"The lawyer for Drew Peterson's Oak Brook cop son has filed papers in DuPage County Circuit Court in a bid to get his badge back.

The attorney, Tamara Cummings, put the blame for the firing of Peterson's son Stephen Peterson on Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan.

Cummings, the general counsel for the Fraternal Order of Police, called Sheahan's actions "vindictive, retaliatory, unfounded, excessive and part of a pattern of harassment" in the complaint for administrative review she filed Friday."

more:

http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/drew-petersons-cop-kid-bids-to-win-back-badge-2

Thomas Peterson, 18, has maintained a GPA above 4.0 and has his sights set on the nation's top colleges

---snipped---

".... the lanky, sandy-haired teen will graduate as valedictorian from Bolingbrook High School in June. He is first in a class of 817 students, with a 4.808 GPA, and has his sights set on Harvard, Boston University, UCLA and Northwestern — to name a few — to study neuroscience. His classmates voted him most likely to succeed.

His achievements are all the more remarkable considering his freshman year was just beginning when Stacy Peterson, his father's fourth wife, disappeared.

The national media and legal firestorm that erupted after that October 2007 day filled the streets in front of his home with TV trucks for weeks and sent state police searching for evidence through the family's two-story home."

more @ link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-son-valedictoria20110319,0,3755294.story

Just WOW.

I posted this because at least there's a ray of hope for this young man... I hope ultimately.. that he does the right thing by his Mom and by Stacy and by his siblings, eventually.

Thomas Peterson, 18, has maintained a GPA above 4.0 and has his sights set on the nation's top colleges

---snipped---

".... the lanky, sandy-haired teen will graduate as valedictorian from Bolingbrook High School in June. He is first in a class of 817 students, with a 4.808 GPA, and has his sights set on Harvard, Boston University, UCLA and Northwestern — to name a few — to study neuroscience. His classmates voted him most likely to succeed.

His achievements are all the more remarkable considering his freshman year was just beginning when Stacy Peterson, his father's fourth wife, disappeared.

The national media and legal firestorm that erupted after that October 2007 day filled the streets in front of his home with TV trucks for weeks and sent state police searching for evidence through the family's two-story home."

more @ link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-son-valedictoria20110319,0,3755294.story

Just WOW.

I posted this because at least there's a ray of hope for this young man... I hope ultimately.. that he does the right thing by his Mom and by Stacy and by his siblings, eventually.

WOW from me too! He's some great kid...I just worry that he has pushed back some of his feelings, and will not be able to live a "normal" life. He seems so mature...how could that have happened while under the control of DP? This is the first time I have heard one of the children say anything about Kathleen S, their mom.

I didn't much like this in the article:

He credits his father with teaching him old-fashioned discipline. Wonder what DP thinks is old-fashioned discipline....smacking, beating?

This was also very interesting and enlightening:

"Him (referring to DP) going away was very disappointing, but I feel like if he came back I'd have to have a stern talk with him about the things that he's doing because he's really kind of lost in his ego, I want to say. I'm not going to lie," Peterson said. "'Dad, you do not need to talk to these people right now. You need to stay home and take care of your family." Talk about the son being way smarter than his old man!

Lastly, this touched my heart:

"It was in elementary school, we were doing a biography and I chose my mother," he said. "I explored where she was born, where she went to school, her favorite subjects. At the end, I said, 'Is there anything you'd like to add that I haven't asked you?'"

She told him: "Life is long and hard, but if you work hard enough for it, you'll master it. Never give up, and always believe in yourself and what you believe in."

"Now I'm looking back on it, I thought, 'Wow, I can really contribute a lot. She really did push me to be the best that I could be," he said.

He keeps her words in a binder next to his bed.

just so sad to read.

Red is me

I agree with you mitzi. It's all so sad, too. I pray for those children--ALL of them--and that justice be served in both cases. Karma will find Stacy, I just know it.

Meanwhile, I worry about undue influences on Thomas, namely, Joel Brodsky and the effect his insinuating himself into their lives... ala DP--may have. I hope that Thomas goes to a college FAR FAR away from IL.

If Tom Peterson is his own man, why is Joel Brodsky all up in his business?

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/...n-why-is-joel-brodsky-all-up-in-his-business/

TODAY - 3-23-11 from 7-8pm ET

Susan Murphy Milano and Dr. Laurie Roth welcome journalist and author, Joe Hosey...

"...Joseph Hosey has been on the cusp of every major development in the Drew Peterson case. He is the only member of the media to cover Kathleen Savio’s inquest, having broken the stories of her death and, later, the disappearance of Stacy Peterson...."

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/03/roth-show-with-susan-murphy-milano.html

Is Drew Peterson EVER going to go to trial! I SO want justice to be done for those two beautiful women whose lives he snuffed out!

Is Drew Peterson EVER going to go to trial! I SO want justice to be done for those two beautiful women whose lives he snuffed out!

His trial is expected around this time next year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back