CA - Two Fullerton PD officers accused of beating Kelly Thomas to death

So the defense is insinuating that is wasn't FPD that killed Kelly Thomas but rather the paramedics! They took too long to treat him, they did overly aggressive chest compressions, and they took him to the wrong hospital.
Never mind he was beaten to a bloody pulp. I guess the pictures of his body were pretty awful.

These defendants just make me sick-they really do. Bullies with tasers, batons,and authority a deadly combination imo.

Yeah, I heard their b.s.. Oh, and also how they had to keep viciously beating an incapacitated man be4cause he was fighting them. Like the cops who beat Rodney King, they seem to consider someone writhing in pain as "fighting".

I'm horrified by this.

I saw this photo in the paper today (LA Times). It's from yesterday when Mr. Thomas was discussing the hardest part of watching and listening to the video - hearing his son call for him. Breaks my heart.

And let me tell you, I can see the physical toll this is taking on Ron Thomas. I cannot imagine the suffering.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0509-kelly-thomas-20120509,0,7297438.story

JBean - thank you for all the updates and for being there.

I can't listen to the audio. I just can't do it. My heart just breaks for Kelly and his Dad. And these monsters murdered him. I want to see them hang.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0509-kelly-thomas-20120509,0,7297438.story

Chest compression cut off homeless man's oxygen, expert says

A coroner's pathologist explains how Fullerton police officers piling on Kelly Thomas caused his death last summer. She says the situation was aggravated by facial and nasal bleeding.

The police officers who pummeled Kelly Thomas during a violent encounter last summer in Fullerton caused his death by cutting off the flow of oxygen to his brain when the fight intensified and they piled on the homeless man, a coroner's pathologist testified Tuesday.
<snip>
During the scrum, Cicinelli can be seen on the video striking Thomas several times in the face with the butt of a Taser stun gun as officers pin him on the ground. "I just smashed his face to hell," he can be heard telling a fellow officer.

I am so glad that the full video has finally been released. Sickening! I, too, don't understand how there were only two charged. Poor Kelly. He was just minding his own business. I hope when the trial starts, that we will be able to watch. These cops make me sick, and I can't understand those who defend them. Their bail was posted by all the LE in Fullerton. They were truly trying to cause an incident.
I hope it doesn't turn out another Rodney King trial.
These cops need to be punished big time! Hoping.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Doctor-Chest-compression-led-to-CA-homeless-death-3542916.php

"We ran out of options so I got the end of my Taser and I probably ... I just start smashing his face to hell," Cicinelli commented to fellow officers on the 33-minute surveillance tape, according to a transcript provided by prosecutors because parts of the recording were muffled. "He was on something. Cause the three of us couldn't even control him."

He was on something, right. He was being beaten to death. Anyone would have tried to struggle.

The hearing continues today.

Santa Ana, California (CNN) -- A California judge ordered Wednesday that two Fullerton police officers stand trial in the beating death last year of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man with a mental illness.

Officer Manuel Ramos is charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, and Cpl. Jay Patrick Cicinelli is charged with involuntary manslaughter and felony use of excessive force.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/justice/california-police-beating/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The judge who ruled that this case go to trial is my HERO tonight! Kelly was like an innocent lamb led to slaughter by these officers! What they did to him was unimaginable. It breaks my heart to hear him screaming for his "Dad"!

Chest compression cut off homeless man's oxygen, expert says

A coroner's pathologist explains how Fullerton police officers piling on Kelly Thomas caused his death last summer. She says the situation was aggravated by facial and nasal bleeding.

The police officers who pummeled Kelly Thomas during a violent encounter last summer in Fullerton caused his death by cutting off the flow of oxygen to his brain when the fight intensified and they piled on the homeless man, a coroner's pathologist testified Tuesday.
<snip>
During the scrum, Cicinelli can be seen on the video striking Thomas several times in the face with the butt of a Taser stun gun as officers pin him on the ground. "I just smashed his face to hell," he can be heard telling a fellow officer.

BBM. I live pretty close to where this all happened and it angers me beyond belief, not to mention make me beyond sick to my stomach the way this happened, then to make comments like this? Sounding proud of what he had done? Did he take a real good look at the pictures? Is he proud?

No, imo, this was not fault of the paramedics, although I had not heard until now that they treated the officers 1st for minor scrapes-WTH is that? And then to transport to UCI when St. Judes is right in the area - 3 to 5 minute ride where UCI is much further-as big as St. Judes is, I know they do not have a special trauma care, but still it's a pretty good hospital and they could have initially treated him. Imo, all officers involved should stand charged because none of the others tried to stop it, it was a henious free for all on an innocent victim.

My ex-husband has chronic medication resistant mental illness. I am going to follow this case very, very closely. Praying for the family.

oh my god, I almost wish I hadnt clicked through when JB linked on another thread...I've just read aloud a few articles to my son and we're pretty much off eating and sleeping for the night :( I could not listen to the audio, I fear I might never sleep again.

how do people LIVE with themselves after doing something like this?

I am in tears-Kelly calling for his Dad-I just want to send my prayers to his poor mother & father.May you rest in peace now-you are free!!

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/05/have_two_of_kelly_thomass_atta.php

Local blog Friends for Fullerton's Future is reporting officers Joe Wolfe and Manuel Ramos have been handed termination papers. The information was leaked to the blog by an anonymous source inside the Fullerton Police Department who said the firing stems from the officers' refusal to talk to independent investigator Michael Gennaco. Attorney Gennaco was hired by the city following concerns of a cover up in the aftermath of the Kelly Thomas beating. Both officers were involved in the deadly attack last July, but so far, only Ramos and another officer, Jay Cicinelli, have been charged in the death. A call to Fullerton Police Spokesman Jeff Stuart wasn't immediately returned.

Fullerton cops get delay in Kelly Thomas case as new tape emerges

An Orange County judge agreed to delay the arraignment of two Fullerton officers charged in the beating death of Kelly Thomas after a defense attorney sought more time to examine a new audio recording that he claimed would put the deadly incident in a different light.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+lanowblog+(L.A.+Now)

Exclusive audio clip may shed light on Kelly Thomas beating

The defense for Fullerton Police Sgt. Manuel Ramos contends that this audio recording sheds a new light on the Kelly Thomas beating and death. Video by Mark Eades, ocregister.com/video.

Listen to exclusive tape here

I can't hear it- so not sure what is on it or if it is inaudible or??

Kelly Thomas case: Defense says audiotape sheds light on confrontation

SANTA ANA &#8211; The arraignment for two Fullerton police officers charged in the death of a homeless man last summer was delayed Tuesday for two weeks after a defense attorney contended he had reviewed a newly identified audio recording that put the encounter "in a completely different light."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/ramos-360790-thomas-recording.html

Exclusive audio clip may shed light on Kelly Thomas beating

The defense for Fullerton Police Sgt. Manuel Ramos contends that this audio recording sheds a new light on the Kelly Thomas beating and death. Video by Mark Eades, ocregister.com/video.

Listen to exclusive tape here

I can't hear it- so not sure what is on it or if it is inaudible or??

http://www.ocregister.com/video/?lineupId=1125998380&play=now

This link has a transcript as the audio goes along.
I didn't feel that this changed anything at all. Just more of Ramos being a "**ck" imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back