LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF she knew someone was following her. Then yes that would be more likely.
But let's not work on assumptions, or that she knew she was being followed, and only go by what we know (or have been told) for a second, which is this:

She was caught on camera heading down St. Landry, in front of the circle K.
A white Chevy Z71 was also caught on camera heading in the same direction at what appears to be the same time (due to the exact same background activity). She was not caught on the next camera at the law office (now belongs to Premier inc.). The only street between those two cameras is Brashear which cuts straight across to the bike path on Johnston St and is a fairly nice and quiet neighborhood with nice sidewalks as opposed to the ****ed up ones on St. Landry.

So two things happened here. Either something happened in the 20 second window between cameras (not likely), or she turned down Brashear (entirely plausible and reasonable).

The truck caught on camera was ALSO not seen passing the next camera. Meaning it would have also turned down Brashear. What happened next....????

I've missed a lot of pages in these threads and didn't know about that bike path. All I saw were posters who Johnston was a bad place to ride a bike because traffic is fast and the street is narrow. A bike path would have given her a reason to go that way. I looked at Brashear on Google street view a few days ago and thought it looked like it would be very dark at night.

Hello Everyone,
(I am re-posting this from the last closed thread.)

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K. I'm not sure how to do attachments but if it worked, this is the same truck in these photos.

Although, I agree that these trucks APPEAR to be the same truck. According to LEOs, they are NOT!!!!!! IMO, it looks like neither truck in your two pics provided have bed covers, so don't think I'm disagreeing, but, we have to assume that LEOs have better resources when it comes to determining these things and they are saying that they are in fact, different.

Can anyone say whether the ONE truck is dwfinately without a doubt a z71?

They had the wrong type of car at first. Got the right one and it panned out. So IF they have the wrong make and model of the truck that dwfinately hurts progress here.

I keep saying the truck looks like a Dodge ram quad cab. IS ANYONE REALLY WILLING TO BETMONEY THAT IT IS NOT?

The white truck with a bed cover is not a z71. It is in the news that the white truck with the bed cover and the car was ruled out.

Again, humbly, I'm wondering where I can find two things:

1. Address of last sighting of Mickey
2. Mickey's known path + projected path.

I'm sorry, I don't know where to look, but I figure some of you do..

I've been working hard on the car -now I'd like to work on her path... and try to figure where something may have happened IF the truck was following her by purpose or chance - by trying to guess the speeds of bike and truck

I don't buy into the whole "she knew she was being followed" assumption or idea. For one, I follow lots of people. All the time. And women (sorry, no offense intended) are just not observant at all of whats going on around or behind them. Again, no offense. Just statistics :p

Second, from camera A to camera B and the time it took her according to the police, she was traveling at an average speed.

Third, in the photo of her she doesn't appear to be hauling *advertiser censored* and riding for her life. She looks to be casually riding by.

Fourth, if she thought someone was following her she most likely would've just turned into the parking lot where there were lights and people around.

I'm not terribly observant, but I carry a stun gun in my hand. And one in the kitchen & my bedside table.

If a cranky dog breaks in, I'm good.

No, there are designated bike lanes on Johnston St (that are very narrow and sporadic) and then the bike path starts on the edge of Coliseum Rd and Johnston and goes parallel to Cajundome Blvd until Congress St.

Sorry, the bike lanes are what I'm referring to. I know there's a part farther down Johnston Street, near Camellia, that the bike lane disappears for a few blocks, so I was wondering if from the intersection at University down towards Blackham are any parts that do the same until you get to the dedicated bike path.

I'm wondering if LE have video of MS and/or that truck passing 224 St Landry's camera, but they've not released it. I'm inclined to think not based on what's been said, but would misdirection go that far?

I'll probably get slapped for this... but for the first time I'm doing some street-view work does any know off the top of their head the address of the camera that last saw Mickey? I thought there was one more after Circle K?

Thanks...

Lafayette Consolidated Government
705 W. University Ave. / 105 St. Landry (wraps the corner)
But that is Circle K, thought that was the last...

I've missed a lot of pages in these threads and didn't know about that bike path. All I saw were posters who Johnston was a bad place to ride a bike because traffic is fast and the street is narrow. A bike path would have given her a reason to go that way. I looked at Brashear on Google street view a few days ago and thought it looked like it would be very dark at night.

Yes, there is a bike lane...but it's very, very narrow--you could easily be clipped by a mirror riding on it. Most serious cyclists don't use it unless they're only going a very short distance. It also randomly ends and then picks up again. This was discussed in an earlier thread, just don't remember which one.

You definitely don't want to ride on Johnston that late with graduations and drunk drivers and the pathetic stop-start, razor-thin bike path. That would be literally taking one's life in one's hands. Not saying Mickey didn't take Johnston, but I sure would be surprised....

Just having checked out Brashear on Street-View, those houses are right up on the curb with old thin windows, I have a hard time believing anything went down on at least the upper half of Brashear near St. Landry without someone hearing something.

Keep looking down around there. A bunch of those streets have barriers at the end. No vehicles go down those streets by accident. That truck either lives there or it was following her. I think it lives there.

I am very observant and carry a 9mm Taurus everywhere I go. So, if anyone tries to harm me or my children, they are going to get a nasty surprise.

Sorry, the bike lanes are what I'm referring to. I know there's a part farther down Johnston Street, near Camellia, that the bike lane disappears for a few blocks, so I was wondering if from the intersection at University down towards Blackham are any parts that do the same until you get to the dedicated bike path.

I'm wondering if LE have video of MS and/or that truck passing 224 St Landry's camera, but they've not released it. I'm inclined to think not based on what's been said, but would misdirection go that far?

They haven't said if they have more footage of the truck, but have said no more footage of MS.

I'm not sure if the bike lanes cut out at that point...I'm inclined to think no, because of the university and how frequently people bike around campus, but I have never ridden that far on Johnston St (only up to Camelia), so I can't be 100% sure.

I don't buy into the whole "she knew she was being followed" assumption or idea. For one, I follow lots of people. All the time. And women (sorry, no offense intended) are just not observant at all of whats going on around or behind them. Again, no offense. Just statistics :p

Second, from camera A to camera B and the time it took her according to the police, she was traveling at an average speed.

Third, in the photo of her she doesn't appear to be hauling *advertiser censored* and riding for her life. She looks to be casually riding by.

Fourth, if she thought someone was following her she most likely would've just turned into the parking lot where there were lights and people around.

In a perfectly rational world, I'd agree with all of your points. As a woman who has felt she was being followed before, and has ridden a bike at night, I feel it's possible that Mickey could have had a slight inkling, a little feeling as she passed Circle K that someone was following her, but convinced herself that the driver did not have evil intentions. Also, she may have felt she was quick and smart enough to "lose" whoever was tailing her. As we sit and look at these pics of her we feel fear and dread, but when you're in that situation yourself and all is well with the world you just don't believe anything bad could ever happen.

Saw on FB - Shunick family has hired a P.I. --- Individuals with information pertaining to the case are encouraged to contact Mr. John Abdella at 337-235-0270 in along with the police tip line.

I will share this little tidbit. I confirmed with the security company who installed the camera at the Law office on St. Landry that it records in real time with no lag or sporadic framerates (according to them). Meaning, if Mickey or the truck passed it they will be on the camera. Also, LPD is currently reviewing more footage from the camera

Could be. I was near there after 3. Two cops came my way smiling and told me to be careful. By the time I was there, Coliseum Road was open. I had to use it to get to where I was going. I admit to turning around when I saw a white truck since noone else was there. When I passed the funeral home there were two empty police cars so I guess the police were inside talking to the owners.

I hope Martin & Castille's camera on their office building works. It seems to be up to date, and can offer vital footage.

chicken fried -- you are like a blessed balm of white pepper gravy on my soul.

Anyway, why can't LE use their technical skills and find these young women? Why is it always an: open case that goes on for years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth