Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wudge,

Respectfully BBM

At this time can only disagree with what I bolded above. I don't believe the Testosterone points away from casey but it also doesn't point to her either. Women do use Testosterone for medically necessary reasons and probably other reasons not in the legal spectrum.

Color me not of the mind (severely so) that LE doesn't know if Casey used testosterone and, if she did, whether the testosterone in the syringe matches what Casey used.

Defense attorneys must do what necessary or the best they can to protect their client's right to a fair trial by an impartial jury. High-profile cases such as this one have a very corrosive effect on the defendant's Constitutional rights. And the obvious rush to judgment mentality in these cases carries over to society as a whole and to other cases.

I realize that. It just seems a tad biased or semantically hypocritical to call what the media does "poisoning" when they generally take a stand that reflects public opinion and turn around and call what the defense does to counteract it, when they use basically the same tactics, as "necessary". It is also a lot easier to make the high-profile aspect go away by allowing a gag order to be imposed. JB, who does not know how to manipulate the media properly in order to affect the desired result, complains as if he had nothing to do with her poor image. Well, he did and does.

And, if we use the OJ case as an example, a high-profile case with an overwhelmingly negative public opinion of the defendant, it stands to reason that what goes on in the media does not necessarily have any effect whatsoever on the jury's verdict. Unless I see a professionally conducted study, and not anecdotal evidence, indicating that negative public opinion has a direct cause-and-effect result on a jury verdict, I just can't entertain that argument as anything more than personal opinion.

Wudge,

sorry you don't need intent for a murder one charge as per Florida Law.

1782.04 Murder.--

(1)(a) The unlawful killing of a human being:

1. When perpetrated from a premeditated design to effect the death of the person killed or any human being;

2. When committed by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any:

a. Trafficking offense prohibited by s. 893.135(1),

b. Arson,

c. Sexual battery,

d. Robbery,

e. Burglary,

f. Kidnapping,

g. Escape,

h. Aggravated child abuse,

i. Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,

j. Aircraft piracy,

k. Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb,

l. Carjacking,

m. Home-invasion robbery,

n. Aggravated stalking,

o. Murder of another human being,

p. Resisting an officer with violence to his or her person,

q. Felony that is an act of terrorism or is in furtherance of an act of terrorism; or

Casey is charged with 'premeditated' murder (1782.04 (1)(a)(1). No intent, no murder one.

I realize that. It just seems a tad biased or semantically hypocritical to call what the media does "poisoning" when they generally take a stand that reflects public opinion and turn around and call what the defense does to counteract it, when they use basically the same tactics, as "necessary". It is also a lot easier to make the high-profile aspect go away by allowing a gag order to be imposed. JB, who does not know how to manipulate the media properly in order to affect the desired result, complains as if he had nothing to do with her poor image. Well, he did and does.

And, if we use the OJ case as an example, a high-profile case with an overwhelmingly negative public opinion of the defendant, it stands to reason that what goes on in the media does not necessarily have any effect whatsoever on the jury's verdict. Unless I see a professionally conducted study, and not anecdotal evidence, indicating that negative public opinion has a direct cause-and-effect result on a jury verdict, I just can't entertain that argument as anything more than personal opinion.

I know a wee bit about O.J.'s murder trial. Let me assure you that the public was greatly split (along racial lines), and Johnny exploited that split during voir dire.

FWIW

I agree. Nothing is proven connected, yet highly suspicious. Can anyone think of a good reason why Cindy would WANT the body found? She did send DC there.. All I can think of is that Casey clued her in riddle that something would be found with her to eliminate Casey as the suspect. It would otherwise be completely to her advantage if the body had never been found.

Casey's clues while in jail: Don't trust Jesse. Timer55.. which I always thought was her trying to give them a clue to something. The dump site is just under one minute from the A's home..google map drive time. TIMER set and go 55. I don't think the A's figured that one out and had to be clued further later..but I believe she was trying to direct them to the body and to find the Chloroform/Jesse syringe evidence she planted to get her off the hook. Just a theory of course..

If there is one thing that is well documented about Casey, it is that her life was ALL ABOUT plotting and scheming and deceptive practices. She was always planting evidence..fake letters from her boss, co-workers about events, lanyards etc. to try and prove her job was real.. she is a plotter and schemer.

I know a wee bit about O.J.'s murder trial. Let me assure you that the public was greatly split (along racial lines), and Johnny exploited that split during voir dire.

FWIW

You are right (and I have had the privilege of dealings with his widow who is a wonderful and accomplished woman). However, that does not counteract my request for actual studies that the above claims occur.

Google search turns up Dora backpack being a rumor.
I would think we would have seen a photo by now if there was a backpack found at the remains site. Just keepin it honest here, no biggie.

In the spirit of "keeping it honest", there certainly was a dora backpack it has been refered to in doc dumps.

Awrity then-----and away we go. Looks good to me. Of course I knew she killed Caylee on day 31. She is goin down now. Wonder what defense will come up wid to try and git her outta this mess. LMAO Gotta lub it. There aint nuttin JB or AL can do to slide under the fence now. Cant wait for this to be on TV. Got me popcorn ahready. Gotta give em an "A" Plus for tryin. All them smoke screens and lies and motions.

Awrity then-----and away we go. Looks good to me. Of course I knew she killed Caylee on day 31. She is goin down now. Wonder what defense will come up wid to try and git her outta this mess. LMAO Gotta lub it. There aint nuttin JB or AL can do to slide under the fence now. Cant wait for this to be on TV. Got me popcorn ahready. Gotta give em an "A" Plus for tryin. All them smoke screens and lies and motions.

'Bout time you showed up! Were you kidnapped and held hostage on a remote farm?

Wudge,

Respectfully BBM

At this time can only disagree with what I bolded above. I don't believe the Testosterone points away from casey but it also doesn't point to her either. Women do use Testosterone for medically necessary reasons and probably other reasons not in the legal spectrum.
I agree with you!! You're right! I think that there is more that will come out in this case and may be more evidence regarding the syringes. For everyone that has ever seen the movie "The Color Purple"...I'm going to be like Miss Celie and "sit back and see what the walls are gonna look like." :wink:

FWIW

Exploited? HA! I will never forget that one juror, who in her post trial interview said she had made up her mind about his "innocence" before the trial even started. COV and Ito assured the not guilty verdict, IMO.

Sorry, OT.....

My Mother-in-Law (rest her beloved soul) graduated from Bethesda (nursing school) back in the mid 40's.

In the early 70's she was a head nurse on a ward at our State psych hospital.
We lived with her at the time and it wasn't unusual for her to come home from work, take off her shoes, sit to read her mail at the dining room table and also start to remove things from her smock pockets ie; notes to herself about a certain patient, swab, tongue depresser, syringe (still sealed with protective cap).
Not that she stole those things....just in the course of her shift, when in a hurry, those things went into her pocket.

I'm sure Cindy, when in active nursing, did the same.

Wouldn't be unusual, at least to me, for the A's household to have a couple syringes laying around from Cindy's active nursing days.

ALSO: I am a crafter.....Jill of all trades, master to very few.
In my box of supplies, I have to have syringes, with needle attached.
Comes in handy when I am trying to glue down a very small area.
If I've decoupaged something and I can't get an air bubble down, I use my syringe, with glue, needle tip inserted into the bubble, squirt in a tiny bit of glue and gently work the bubble down on the surface.

Casey was a 'crafter'.
She could have easily looked for and found somewhere around the A home, a syringe that Cindy brought home from her active nursing days, to use on one of her crafting projects.

Anyone remember any decoupage 'art' on Casey or Caylee's bedroom walls?

Just thinking out loud.

Where have you been?? I'm glad to see you here!

Exploited? HA! I will never forget that one juror, who in her post trial interview said she had made up her mind about his "innocence" before the trial even started. COV and Ito assured the not guilty verdict, IMO.

Sorry, OT.....
Have to agree with you here. I followed that trial also.

...backing out and getting back on topic.

In the spirit of "keeping it honest", there certainly was a dora backpack it has been refered to in doc dumps.

not at the remains site.
Do you have a link please. Here is from one website.
Beasley, Charity – OCSO detective. Took possession of several items at Anthony home on July 16, 2008. Those items include computer cord, laptop, child’s toothbrush, black leather bag and belt, dinnerware knife, plastic hangers, blue crate, Dora the Explorer backpack, toy doll and various papers and binder. These were items that had been in the car. Cindy said that when she got in the car, there was a strong, unidentifiable odor. It was evident in the papers and the backpack. Regarding the dinnerware knife, Cindy said it appeared to be unused but had been washed since they found it.

You may not have followed the conversation from the beginning, it was being referred to as being found at the remains site, and I was only correcting that.

Okay, I have read all 800+ posts on this thread and nobody has convinced me that this new "evidence" is at all connected to Caylee's death. I have yet to see what the proportion of chloroform was in the syringe or the bottle. I keep thinking of how this spot on Suburban was a dump site and even though Casey is a ding-a-ling she's not goofy enough to inject Caylee then repackage a syringe and throw it out near the dump site. It is also my belief that she was not thinking clearly enough at that time to be trying to frame anyone.
So, can anyone convince me otherwise?

I can't help you because I totally agree.

ETA: if this is all connected i don't think we have seen that info yet. jmho of course.

Whiteangora, Jbean:

I'm with you guys. I'm very confused as to why this thread is so long and it's being stated that chloroform was definitely found in the syringe/bottle. I don't see that clearly stated anywhere in the docs. :waitasec:

Is it just that one news station that reported it? Did they maybe jump the gun?

I don't get it. Like I said, :waitasec:

My Mother-in-Law (rest her beloved soul) graduated from Bethesda (nursing school) back in the mid 40's.

In the early 70's she was a head nurse on a ward at our State psych hospital.
We lived with her at the time and it wasn't unusual for her to come home from work, take off her shoes, sit to read her mail at the dining room table and also start to remove things from her smock pockets ie; notes to herself about a certain patient, swab, tongue depresser, syringe (still sealed with protective cap).
Not that she stole those things....just in the course of her shift, when in a hurry, those things went into her pocket.

I'm sure Cindy, when in active nursing, did the same.

Wouldn't be unusual, at least to me, for the A's household to have a couple syringes laying around from Cindy's active nursing days.

ALSO: I am a crafter.....Jill of all trades, master to very few.
In my box of supplies, I have to have syringes, with needle attached.
Comes in handy when I am trying to glue down a very small area.
If I've decoupaged something and I can't get an air bubble down, I use my syringe, with glue, needle tip inserted into the bubble, squirt in a tiny bit of glue and gently work the bubble down on the surface.

Casey was a 'crafter'.
She could have easily looked for and found somewhere around the A home, a syringe that Cindy brought home from her active nursing days, to use on one of her crafting projects.

Anyone remember any decoupage 'art' on Casey or Caylee's bedroom walls?

Just thinking out loud.
I have goats and sheep.You can order any amount of needles and syringes from a catalog or website for livestock items.I have a box of 100 to give tetanus vaccinations,etc,to my animals.
My mom was diabetec and used disposable syringes.I have a friend who gives her daughter B-12 shots ,monthly,and they have syringes.Really not difficult to get and are not like narcotics or something.

http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc...A48PN16KD1LUUQQTGK4AP4&area=sheep&dept_id=414

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288