IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, so for what purpose would he have done this? He could clearly see that she was stumbling, not herself, yet he takes her to his place. For what?

There are few assumptions here-one, that he was totally clear headed himself and two, that she was pretty much completely gone at this time. Intoxication by drugs and/alcohol is not that simple. She could fall one moment and then be up and screaming for more the next. Two drunk/intoxicated people together can be an utter disaster of non-logical thought. As sober, reasoned adults who are presumably not under the influence, it is easy to say how the night should have happened. I am not sure if you try to put on intoxicated glasses what the night would have been like for them.

So, CR could be a rapist murderer, he could be just a jerk, or he could be just a drunk guy who was partying with a drunk girl he liked before passing out. It is frustrating that so many different stories can be read into the facts that we know.

There are few assumptions here-one, that he was totally clear headed himself and two, that she was pretty much completely gone at this time. Intoxication by drugs and/alcohol is not that simple. She could fall one moment and then be up and screaming for more the next. Two drunk/intoxicated people together can be an utter disaster of non-logical thought. As sober, reasoned adults who are presumably not under the influence, it is easy to say how the night should have happened. I am not sure if you try to put on intoxicated glasses what the night would have been like for them.

So, CR could be a rapist murderer, he could be just a jerk, or he could be just a drunk guy who was partying with a drunk girl he liked before passing out. It is frustrating that so many different stories can be read into the facts that we know.

Apparently he wasn't clear headed himself, seeing that he can't remember anything that happened after he was beaten up.

Complete speculation on my part, along with a question: IF cadaver dogs indicated on one of the vehicles, would that really be enough to detain someone? Or would they be looking for more evidence first? It could explain why they aren't searching the landfill.
If cadaver dogs hit on a decomposing scent in somebodies apartment or vehicle, this in itself is not enough evidence. Linking that to some type of physical evidence would make it all that much stronger of a case. Without knowing exactly what has happened to LS, what crime would you charge these people with? I doubt they would try to detain a POI even if they got a scent because they would not want to put their cards down on the table until they can move forward with a prosecution. But getting that scent would certainly put LE on the right track and could rule out a majority of scenarios for them. Same goes for the landfill, besides the cost, bringing cadaver dogs to the dumpsters in the area would be a start. But as I linked to before, in the Hailey Dunn case they hit on her scent and found some items of her's after searching the landfill, but it did not help them find her or move closer to a prosecution. That does not mean LS could not be found in the landfill, but it shows that it is a long shot.

Yep, so for what purpose would he have done this? He could clearly see that she was stumbling, not herself, yet he takes her to his place. For what?

I would assume that both were blackout drunk/high. And if something happened at CR's, it's something that MB and JR (who have all taken at least some form of polygraph) and possibly a 3:38AM witness are all in on.

Perhaps you missed this?

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6948162"]IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19 - Page 25 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't think we do know that. See this timeline, for instance - http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto.

It indicates she left with a companion, but does not say she arrived with one.

In this article we have HT saying she left JR's with the same male companion to go to kilroys that your link has her leaving Kilroys with.I guess you can say she is wrong then we would have to question if LS ever went to JR's with DR in the first place. http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...mor-overdose-new-details-her-night-parents-TV

I don't think we do know that. See this timeline, for instance - http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto.

It indicates she left with a companion, but does not say she arrived with one.

HT told us that LS and CR went to Kilroys (Sports) together
Spierer, Rohn and Rosenbaum watched a basketball game at Rosenbaum's, said Tamir, who is friends with Rohn and Rosenbaum. They were joined there by Corey Rossman, who lives two doors down, she said. Tamir said Mike Beth, Rossman's roommate, was also there.

A while later, Rossman and Spierer went to a bar, Tamir said, and Rohn returned to Smallwood.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...mor-overdose-new-details-her-night-parents-TV

so, if you believe the HT time line, LS and CR went to Sports and then went to Smallwood. But, HT is only reciting what was told to her. And witnesses from Sports quoted elsewhere do not say that LS was seen with CR.

eta: phantomthought beat me to it!

Maybe he WAS taking her to her place (Smallwood 5th floor) but after being confronted and punched out, I would assume that he would rather go back to his place rather than trying to bring her back upstairs...

Maybe he WAS taking her to her place (Smallwood 5th floor) but after being confronted and punched out, I would assume that he would rather go back to his place rather than trying to bring her back upstairs...

but why did he want to take her with him? we heard the fight had nothing to do with her, why wouldn't he just leave?

but why did he want to take her with him? we heard the fight had nothing to do with her, why wouldn't he just leave?

Besides the obvious (they were both trashed and not acting logically) it sounds like she was following him, or attempting to, and he helped her out of the building. I don't think anyone has said definitively that the fight had nothing to do with her - just that she was not involved in the physical confrontation.

HT told us that LS and CR went to Kilroys (Sports) together

eta: phantomthought beat me to it!

Actually, she says they both went to Sports. She didn't say they went together. While that might be inferred, she has no first-hand knowledge, and it's interesting that it doesn't appear specifically on the LE timeline (I don't believe). Again, not that I think this is important, necessarily.

Besides the obvious (they were both trashed and not acting logically) it sounds like she was following him, or attempting to, and he helped her out of the building. I don't think anyone has said definitively that the fight had nothing to do with her - just that she was not involved in the physical confrontation.

So what I'm taking from this is, whoever was involved in the altercation, may have prevented CR from getting to LS's room?

Seems as though CR has something damning to hide w/ the memory loss.
Maybe that something isn't assault or murder or body disposal but there is something imo.
With everything that's at stake here, if CR were sincerely concerned about LS then there are medical techniques and therapy to help try and regain memory. I wonder to what extent he has tried to remember the events from that night?

Seems as though MB's story is short and simple. He interviewed with LE and reportedly took a poly as did CR. I don't get the feeling MB is hiding anything but he feels the need to have representation. I know that LE can hammer people hard with questions designed to trip up someone they suspect. I would guess that these POI's were asked some tough straight-forward things before eventually getting a lawyer.

Seems as though CR has something damning to hide w/ the memory loss.
Maybe that something isn't assault or murder or body disposal but there is something imo.
With everything that's at stake here, if CR were sincerely concerned about LS then there are medical techniques and therapy to help try and regain memory. I wonder to what extent he has tried to remember the events from that night?

Seems as though MB's story is short and simple. He interviewed with LE and reportedly took a poly as did CR. I don't get the feeling MB is hiding anything but he feels the need to have representation. I know that LE can hammer people hard with questions designed to trip up someone they suspect. I would guess that these POI's were asked some tough straight-forward things before eventually getting a lawyer.

What could CR possibly be hiding that MB is not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee