Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

:furious: Why do these women keep having children when CLEARLY they aren't equipped to handle the ones they have? It never ceases to infuriate me.

I hear you.... Sort of. But there is no law against having children. Also, although women obviously give birth, men and women are required to "have babies".

Sorry... I just had to say that.

I'm still withholding judgment here, and I'm a little disturbed at those who are so quick to reach conclusions. There's no evidence the mother did this. None.

In the raw vid, Jerice seems very sincere.

I hope it is the truth that she turned her life around for those kids' sake.

You and me both. For some reason she strikes me as sincere as well. Lisa I's mom is coming across to me like that as well and I just don't think it is possible for both of these women to be innocent.

Due to J's mom's history it is much less likely she is innocent so I have no idea what is making me think she is being sincere.

Did anyone from LE come to your home?

There is something else I've always wanted to ask someone that is in such close proximity to this type of tragedy, if you go to the RSO registry have you seen any of them lurking around the neighborhood?

I'd also like to know if LE stops trash collection until they are done searching the area?

Its been reported that LE is still in the search area checking homes where the owners were not available in the first sweep, have you seen any of that?

I've also been wondering where the mother could hide J's body. A dumpster would be an obvious answer, but you got me thinking when you mentioned the foreclosed homes...

Thank you for joining the conversation, I'm in Phoenix too, just not in the same area.

EDIT: If you can, keep us posted, especially if you think you see J's brothers and sisters. I know that there are probably many children in the area but Phoenix isn't really that diverse so maybe they would stand out. I hope that the children are in a place where they are 100% safe. If the kids saw something the mother could be threatening them to stay quiet.

No, no one came to our house. We are down 45th ave on the north side of Glendale Ave. We can leave our house and look to the right and see everything clearly. From what I have read and heard, they are only looking on the south side of Glendale Ave, so we wouldn't get a knock on the door. We have seen flyers at circle k and in a few places close to us. When my husband was stopped, he was making a delivery to a closed establishment and the cop asked him to look in dumpsters, no other places were mentioned. He also asked my husband how close he lives and he said "right around the corner" and he asked if he would walk the neighborhood and keep a look out, especially if we have any foreclosures around.
From the beginning I have felt she is in Cali. perhaps someone related to the father came and got her. A new girlfriend, sibling, etc. The area she disappeared from is lower income/section 8 housing. I feel perfectly safe at my house but if I cross Glendale Ave. I make sure my doors are locked and windows are up. It's no uncommon to hear police helicopters during the day and night. Definitely not somewhere I'd let my kids wander around.

No, no one came to our house. We are down 45th ave on the north side of Glendale Ave. We can leave our house and look to the right and see everything clearly. From what I have read and heard, they are only looking on the south side of Glendale Ave, so we wouldn't get a knock on the door. We have seen flyers at circle k and in a few places close to us. When my husband was stopped, he was making a delivery to a closed establishment and the cop asked him to look in dumpsters, no other places were mentioned. He also asked my husband how close he lives and he said "right around the corner" and he asked if he would walk the neighborhood and keep a look out, especially if we have any foreclosures around.
From the beginning I have felt she is in Cali. perhaps someone related to the father came and got her. A new girlfriend, sibling, etc. The area she disappeared from is lower income/section 8 housing. I feel perfectly safe at my house but if I cross Glendale Ave. I make sure my doors are locked and windows are up. It's no uncommon to hear police helicopters during the day and night. Definitely not somewhere I'd let my kids wander around.

Its good to hear that LE is reaching out to the community like that. I know people think the search was called to a halt too soon, but I like what I'm seeing from LE.

It looks like the community is motivated to keep the public aware, which can never be underestimated. It just takes that one tip, one person that sees a flyer and something clicks.

Thanks for sharing, I'm here in Phoenix, just not at all in the area :)

I think it was yesterday they had a few people with signs and flyers at the intersection of 43rd Ave and Glendale. I also saw volunteers in green vests on Glendale Ave and 45th Ave.,they also had the bloodhounds out.I don't think they are working any less, just refocusing their efforts elsewhere. I saw cops from other cities when I drove past, lots of help the past few days.
Also, no, trash pickup hasn't stopped. There are a lot of dumpsters in that area due to all the apt complexes. If I remember correctly, those get dumped daily. At least they did when we lived over there in the late 90's. Our cans in my neighborhood get dumped on Monday morning and I know bulk pickup is coming up next week.That area has a strong black and hispanic population, but I will keep a lookout for other kids when we go walking. I still don't think this was a random abduction. We haven't changed our behavior at all. We still watch our kids like hawks, keep them close to our side when we walk in the evening and never leave them unsupervised.

I think it was yesterday they had a few people with signs and flyers at the intersection of 43rd Ave and Glendale. I also saw volunteers in green vests on Glendale Ave and 45th Ave.,they also had the bloodhounds out.I don't think they are working any less, just refocusing their efforts elsewhere. I saw cops from other cities when I drove past, lots of help the past few days.
Also, no, trash pickup hasn't stopped. There are a lot of dumpsters in that area due to all the apt complexes. If I remember correctly, those get dumped daily. At least they did when we lived over there in the late 90's. Our cans in my neighborhood get dumped on Monday morning and I know bulk pickup is coming up next week.That area has a strong black and hispanic population, but I will keep a lookout for other kids when we go walking. I still don't think this was a random abduction. We haven't changed our behavior at all. We still watch our kids like hawks, keep them close to our side when we walk in the evening and never leave them unsupervised.

Makes sense about the dumpsters, I didn't think about how fast they fill up at an apartment complex.

You could be right about this being a family abduction. If the mother is pregnant she may have a man in her life and J's father wants to be the only in his daughters life. It goes without saying that dad is a skilled manipulator so he doesn't need to be out of prison to abduct his daughter. When he is eventually released he will be an RSO and therefore unable to have much contact with his daughter.

Thank you for the boots on the ground report, always a very valuable perspective justjn
icon14.gif

A couple pages upstream I posted about something that was said in one of the court documents. In a report done on Ms. Hunter for her appeal, the writer states there is a 11 month old child who's Father is Shockley. The report date is January 24, 2006. Jahessye was born in April 2006, so the child mentioned was not her, it's a six year old sibling.

So if the report is accurate, there are two children Fathered by Shockley. I like your thought about someone from California taking her. But would they take one child and leave the other?

Thank you for the boots on the ground report, always a very valuable perspective justjn
icon14.gif

A couple pages upstream I posted about something that was said in one of the court documents. In a report done on Ms. Hunter for her appeal, the writer states there is a 11 month old child who's Father is Shockley. The report date is January 24, 2006. Jahessye was born in April 2006, so the child mentioned was not her, it's a six year old sibling.

So if the report is accurate, there are two children Fathered by Shockley. I like your thought about someone from California taking her. But would they take one child and leave the other?

Good point. And for it to be a family abduction the perp would have needed to have been stalking the family or just really lucky to have been there when Jahessey wandered outside.

If we toss out the sighting of Jahessey being pulled/put into the car it would be easier for me to buy any kind of planned abduction. Without that sighting we really can't say for sure that Jahessey left the apartment on her own. As long as the door was unlocked, possibly because her older siblings were going in and out of the house, anyone could have just opened the door and snatched J. That's a very risky scenario though.

We don't even know for sure what the mother was doing or when she left the home. If the mother was working it's possible that the perp knew her schedule and therefore knew the best time to take Jahessey.

And can we rely on what Jahessey's siblings are saying? They could be afraid the mother would hurt them for not watching their sister. The children could have seen the abduction and were threatened not to say anything.

Hopefully we'll hear something today.

ABC15 was there when detectives knocked at the apartment where Jahessye and her mother Jerice Hunter live.

Hunter opened the door and detectives went inside, spending close to 20 minutes with the girl's mother.

It was the only time Hunter was publicly seen.

Her uncle, Johnny Johnson, said Hunter has had enough with media exposure since young Jahessye was reported missing Tuesday afternoon .

According to Johnson, Hunter is in desperate need of rest after days without sleeping and eating.

“She’s not a mean person,” he added.

“When they put all that crazy stuff on the news about her, how do you think she feels?” Johnson said, referring to Hunter’s criminal record .

Prior to visiting Hunter, investigators visited the apartments and talked to several neighbors around 9 a.m.

Somia Abdelgdir, through a translator, said detectives asked her about the day Jahessye went missing.

Abdelgdir, who lives in the apartment across the way, said she helped Hunter look for Jahessye shortly after she realized the little girl was missing.

Abdelgdir drove Hunter, who is eight months pregnant, around the neighborhood and remembers Hunter crying and being stressed out.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15691075/cbs-5-uncovers-troubled-past-of-jahessyes-mother-and-father
I agree with you Daisy, the witness testimony about the woman and the black car is troubling. If it was Jahessye being abducted, it seems like LE has no clues. I probably missed it somewhere, but I've not seen any mention of LE reviewing surveillance video, or if there are traffic cams in the area.

If it was not Jahessye being put in that car ... I haven't seen whether Mom had childcare or what hours she worked. Was there a period of time when the kids were home alone after school? What about the summer months, were they home alone then? Wondering if someone had been watching, noting the family's comings and goings and when there were adults around. Could have been a neighbor, someone who regularly visits a neighbor, or a random predator. It makes you sick to think of the possibilities.

Who is the man in Hunter's life currently? Does he live in the home?

I understand Hunter's feelings about the media delving into her past. I'm sure it's painful, especially since from all accounts she has turned her life around. But when a child goes missing as we all know, family is looked at first. Requests for privacy tend to be viewed as suspicious, as we all expect to see parents begging for their child's safe return. The media IMO, is a huge asset in a missing child case. How else can you reach such a wide range of potential witness' or jog memories of someone who saw something which could bring your child home. There's a very small window of media interest in the average case. Today I could not find anything recent in the news, so in Jahessye's case it's already happening.

I'm not one to tell other posters what to think or to chastise them for their ideas or theories. Personally I'm leaning towards someone from the neighborhood, but not excluding an incident within the home which would have involved Hunter.

I am worried about Jahessye, and I am also worried about the unborn baby. The mother is under an extreme amount of stress.

Where are you sweet little Jahessye?

THIS CHILD NEEDS SOME NATIONAL MEDIA ATTENTION!!!!

I see nothing reported on Jahessye since yesteday. Wth?

There hasn't been any new news reported, just a repeat of previous days.There is a guy that spent his own money to print up a poster and he stands at the intersection holding it all day. I am going to leave in a few minutes and go right past him and I will drive past the apt and see if anything is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member