VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but Morgan Lockett has not been 'charged' with anything, and how does CPS and Family court fit into this.

I can't stop crying. I can not for the life of me understand how a judge dismissed an emergency protection order requested by CPS in this case, when a child is DEAD and tossed like trash. Morgan went along with his story. The family court judge is NOT the one to decide Morgans guilt or innocence with a crime. He or she is to protect the CHILDS best interest no?

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I have to ask. Is it just poor black children that are treated like this in Virginia? Or do white children get the same lack of protection? Is it because Aveion came from a poverty stricken environment? I am really trying to understand this... and I just can't.

:( My eyes are gonna be like balloons tomorrow.

CPS, and by association, family court are involved because a CPS report was opened in relation to Aveion's disappearance. The Judge's argument was basically that since ML hasn't been charged, much less convicted, of any crime related to Aveion's disappearance, there is no way to determine that her other children "need" protection from her. (He apparently forgot that Aveion was previously removed from her care for neglect and that there are other allegations of abuse, of course) And, yes, the whole thing related to "innocence" is insane anyway because, as you point out, they are supposed to act IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD.

It's the poor people thing...

O/T: There's a lot of profiling going on in the Roanoke Valley (and I'm sure other places). Doesn't matter what color you are...but it matters what you drive and where you live. Poor people seem to be overlooked here or else they are scrutinized to oblivion.

I have lots of stories regarding profiling at the hands of Roanoke Valley LE as well as one of the area hospitals - a hospital that serves the majority of the poorer people of the valley.

My daughter tried to tell me this wasn't happening...until she almost died a few months ago from a doctor who had profiled her and dismissed her 2 consecutive ER visits.

If you don't live on the right side of town...if you don't drive the right kind of car...chances are you're going to be ignored or you're going to get pulled over...

MBL, you're exactly right. We have been pulled over just for that reason...I'm white and my husband is mixed. We were pulled over and blocked by LE although we were only driving through a grocery store parking lot.

CPS, and by association, family court are involved because a CPS report was opened in relation to Aveion's disappearance. The Judge's argument was basically that since ML hasn't been charged, much less convicted, of any crime related to Aveion's disappearance, there is no way to determine that her other children "need" protection from her. (He apparently forgot that Aveion was previously removed from her care for neglect and that there are other allegations of abuse, of course) And, yes, the whole thing related to "innocence" is insane anyway because, as you point out, they are supposed to act IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD.

Hmmm... so basically what the judge was saying is that now that BL is not around, there is no need to protect the children. Thing is it was mom who brought this man into her childrens lives. Wonder how long it will be before she finds another loser like BL to play daddy to her kids and give him a few too. :furious: Another one with a history of domestic violence and drug use. Guess having drugs and DV around, apparently is not considered an unsafe environment for children. :banghead:

You know what is crazy. Seriously crazy. I have read up on some laws for California, the most liberal state in the country, with regards to termination of parental rights, and uh, they seem to be tougher than Virginias laws. At least on how they read, how often they are enforced is another thing. I'd have never guessed California would have tougher laws on the books than Virginia! :banghead:

I'd love to know why when Aveions bio dad tried to see him he didn't even apparently get as much help as the courts doing anything about him being denied visitation, at least according to his statements in the media.

Rest in peace, sweet baby. I hope the Angels had good cake and ice cream for you yesterday, on your birthday.

I'm glad you are going to have a much, much better place to rest your little body now that you have been found. I am so sorry for your pain.

Salem

I rarely post but today my heart is broken. How many more children have to die before the system stands up and protects them?
Aveion was just an innocent baby FGS!
I can't think of a fitting punishment anymore. :furious:

Aveion, I am so very sorry the adults in your life didn't see how precious you are! There are people here who care about you baby boy.

Wow. This just makes me sick. I took yesterday evening to stay away from WS so that I could just try to gather my thoughts after they found MH, and I come back this morning to see that Aveion has been found too. Two of Virginia's missing were brought home yesterday, so that they can finally rest in peace..

I'm so so sorry this happened to you Aveion. I wish I could have saved you myself. Don't worry, pretty soon, everyone is going to know what they did to you. And they won't be able to do it to anyone else again. You can sleep well now sweet baby, knowing that no one will EVER hurt you again. You'll never feel hungry, or cold, or unloved. And as I sit here, I promise you that everyone who comes to this thread, will shed a tear especially for you.

:rose: R.I.P Aveion :rose:

I know this really isn't all that important - but didn't we read somewhere that the family was planning a memorial services for Aveion, even before he was found?

Also, I appreciated Chris W's comments about leaving BL to suffer street justice, as opposed to jail justice in the article linked by Calliope above.

Salem

My heart is just so sad for this little guy. :(

RIP Aveion... I am so very sad but you are in a far better place now. No one will ever be able to hurt you again..

I know you are in a safe, loving place now...... be free sweet baby, my mom is in heaven too and and she will love and protected you.... there is nothing greater then the love of a mother to her child, so now Aveion you have a loving mom.

What a beautiful thought. I knew exactly who you meant. I don't think anyone would confuse that. It was almost like they need to find me first, and I am gonna send them to find you next Aveion.

I'm barely able to see through my tears. (fortunately my little guy is upstairs right now).

I'm thinking, there is probably little to no money to bury Aveion. I wonder what is gonna happen with that.........

BBM.....no doubt, Cubby.

wish the adults of this world could have kept you safe little man. soar with those angels.

I know this really isn't all that important - but didn't we read somewhere that the family was planning a memorial services for Aveion, even before he was found?

Also, I appreciated Chris W's comments about leaving BL to suffer street justice, as opposed to jail justice in the article linked by Calliope above.

Salem

My heart is just so sad for this little guy. :(

Yes, Salem. They had already planned a memorial for Sunday before Aveion was found. I guess they just made arrangements to have the funeral in it's place.

I've checked this thread off & on today....every time I do I start crying again because I can't get over little Aveion being tossed like trash into a dumpster (and in spite of the fact we figured this is how it would end)....reality sets in & I can't stop thinking how does someone even do that??? It just makes his death so much more tragic.....he deserved to have his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese, and make a mess all over his face eating cake, riding the little carousels & laughing, giggling while opening presents & smiling for his pictures. :(

I really hate BL right now.

I've checked this thread off & on today....every time I do I start crying again because I can't get over little Aveion being tossed like trash into a dumpster (and in spite of the fact we figured this is how it would end)....reality sets in & I can't stop thinking how does someone even do that??? It just makes his death so much more tragic.....he deserved to have his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese, and make a mess all over his face eating cake, riding the little carousels & laughing, giggling while opening presents & smiling for his pictures. :(

I really hate BL right now.

Texas, I know what you mean, I just logged on here and I've been crying all day too. I'm at work and I have to try to keep a grip and not lose it here because I'm sure all these guys that work for me are getting tired of seeing their boss crying. But this just rips out your heart. I feel really weird, I'm upset and crying but at the same time I have a peace in my heart for Aveion because now he can be laid to rest the proper way. I'm sure there's a link somewhere in this thread with details of a funeral? I haven't read back through them yet. This is such a sad week for our area. They find Morgan and Aveion back to back. At least now there is closure in some ways.

Texas, I know what you mean, I just logged on here and I've been crying all day too. I'm at work and I have to try to keep a grip and not lose it here because I'm sure all these guys that work for me are getting tired of seeing their boss crying. But this just rips out your heart. I feel really weird, I'm upset and crying but at the same time I have a peace in my heart for Aveion because now he can be laid to rest the proper way. I'm sure there's a link somewhere in this thread with details of a funeral? I haven't read back through them yet. This is such a sad week for our area. They find Morgan and Aveion back to back. At least now there is closure in some ways.

I understand...I have to keep ahold of myself because my Fiance will never understand how I can cry over strangers...he thinks I need help! I think that people that do NOT see what is happening to our children in this world are the ones that need help!! Thank God this poor angel was found, and please let there be hell on earth for the scum that is responsible. The DP is too easy for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle