2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me, illegitimate criticism that one can't criticize the jury. Lots of TH's and CM were railing at the media and attorneys who criticize the system. I understand belief in the system but that doesn't mean the system always works right in a particular case. My firm opinion is that it did not work right here. That was BS's opinion too before he decided or was told to change it. Maybe they're just afriad of people becoming too angry over this and so are shoring up the jury and their verdict. Today he was saying hwo the jury should feel fine or something about what they did and that certainly wasn't what he was saying the other day.
Yah, no one that is part of the legal system wants to say that it didn't work in this case, especially given how 'high profile' it is. I watched Jeff Ashton on Dr. Drew and you just know he wanted to say the jury was a bunch of idiots who didn't pay attention to the pictures and evidence provided, but he just kept saying how he believes in the system, and he has to believe they did their job properly by how they viewed the law and just saw things differently than he did.

She can't wait to DRIVE again she said to Simms..Wonder what else she can't wait for? I'd love to see her list!

I remember GA lecturing her about her expired DL in one of the jailhouse tapes. So one of her first stops will have to be the DMV. Maybe they can use one of her many mugs shots on her license.

I truly despise her - hate her with every fiber of my being. I want something very bad to happen to her and her lying family. What I hate the most is that I've allowed her to bring these awful, ugly thoughts to the surface. I didn't think/know I was capable of being that kind of person. :(

:lol: :floorlaugh:

DS was really building up her hopes.....:giggle:

Did Lip Read ICA and DS from before Trial started....

DS telling her how nice it was going to be when shes out, Shower, own bed, own clothes,

Asked her something to do with what her favorite food was,

Said what looked like, Window or Aile seat....(maybe plane reservations)...:giggle:

So... They really thought she was getting out!!!

:floorlaugh:

Boy, kill a child and get the star treatment. I do understand the need and right to a good defense...but some defense attorneys really seem to have their OWN issues, imo.

I was definitely in the minority concerning HHJP. If not handpicked by CM, it certainly was a stroke of luck that ICA got him as judge. I blame him for the jury that was chosen. It was a hurried process and he "rehabilitated" people who were obviously defense oriented. Allowing JB to play the race card in order to keep a totally unqualified person to sit on any jury. HHJP got what he wanted and look what happened? His obvious disdain for JA also was over the top and didn't go unnoticed by the jury. To me, his only goal during this trial was to blow kisses to his good buddy, CM, and bend backwards and sideways to avoid an appeal. Which, of course, worked in the defenses favor.

JB should have been held in contempt several times. Instead, a pat on the head......I'm done. Sorry :blushing:

I agree with you about the jury selection. Unsure about his actions toward CM and JA. Definitely JB gets away with contempt, several times over.

I keep hearing in my head, JP's voice telling the juror who had a cruise scheduled for July 7th (today!), "We'll be finished before July". As for jury selection, I was shocked at who he allowed (and insisted they be seated) on this jury. People who said they were against the death penalty, couldn't judge anyone, and people who were eager to be on this particular jury. Most of all, I was extremely disappointed he played the race card when clearly he had no basis. Anyone who said in all good conscience, "I can't judge people", should have been excused no matter what her/his race.

I also wonder if HHJP's attitude toward the DT and SA had anything to do with the jury's verdict.

HHJP would laugh and joke with the DT all the time....HE NEVER EVER laughed or joked with the SA. The jury had to see that...I know I did. Did they think the judge wanted her to get off??? I have to wonder if that influenced or colored their thinking in any way.

Do you agree with that? Do the posters on this site that don't have a college degree feel they are too uneducated to understand?

No I don't agree with that comment. I should have mentioned that when I posted to avoid this response. Sorry.

However, If I hadn't taken microbiology in school, I would have been completely bored with the with the forensics and probably started daydreaming!

I think she will be released today or tomorrow and it will not be announced. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if by 5 tonight she is somewhere in hiding. JMO

While catching up to posts I was thinking the same thing!
Or..... whenever the jail calculates her time for good behavior, they will tell His Honor and things will go into effect to get her released secretly.
And I'm betting it will be sooner than the end of July/first of August.

But yes, my first thoughts were yours....later today, dark of night.
Why didn't one of her attorneys offer to bond her out on these charges?
Not possible for this type of charge?

No, these charges are seperate from the check charges. Is that what you mean.
concurrent means served at the same time, she would get credit for time served on the check thing applied toward this sentence, i don't think she will, but that would mean she would be out soon.

BBM.

No, they will not.

For one thing, it was not impossible for them to follow the jury instructions and come to a NG verdict on counts 1-3. In their minds they did their job, and there are plenty of ex-prosecutors in the media who have agreed. Just because its a verdict that many who were not in their shoes disagree with does not mean it was the wrong verdict.

Additionally, people do not have long memories when it comes to sensationalized news - but more importantly those still engrossed in this case will be paying more attention to Casey and the Anthonys than the jurors. I'd bet few could have recognized an OJ juror or remember a name the day after they appeared on TV, much less a week or a month later.

IMO its unhealthy to wish or revel in ill will towards these jurors, just because they didn't give a verdict which may have been unlawful according to the jury instructions and the testimony and evidence.
bbm
It is unfortunate, but their minds were not able to comprehend the charges, the instructions, or the evidence. I would like to see some kind of comprehension and or intelligence tests given to potential jurors for death penalty cases.

I never in a million years thought a week ago that I would be excited that ICA would be spending just a couple more days in jail
Who would have thought it ?
Really
I assumed it would be 25 years at least , no matter what and here I am excited over a couple days .
Cripes

I need to go on with my life and remove this witch from my brain. The Anthony's are happy. Casey is happy. Jose is happy.

It is a nightmare that all of these people are so happy and yet the last 3 years produced nothing, no answers, no justice. Caylee would have been better off not ever being born. She never new who her daddy was and her mother didn't care that she was dead, her grandparents don't care that their daughter killed her.

Why should I care about these people? This immense pain I feel is in vain. Nothing I can do will make this right. The icing on the cake would be seeing George forgive her, that would just be the top of this nightmare. I can see it coming too. I don't want to see her face or hear Jose Baez give shout outs to his mother and latinos everywhere in spanish as if he just one a boxing match. Cheney Mason is an evil person who loves to win and give his finger to people who actually care.

If she is released I don't want to know about her.

Oh well.

After thinking about it by DT putting GA on the stand and turning it into GA on trial, it seems it worked and the jury pretty much bought into that they believe GA had something to do with it.

Yup. I guess it was easier to believe that George was the big bad than Casey being guilty. So sad. :/

But based on the In Sessions interview with a couple of producers who sat in front of George and Cindy, I'm starting to believe that maybe they were all in on something.... maybe when she is out, she'll go home. :/

I believe in karma, and I really believe that good things will come out of this verdict. I really, really do.

Sometimes something which seems SO terrible to you at the moment later becomes a blessing in disguise. I know a lot of people are asking what could POSSIBLY come out of Casey Anthony being set free very soon, but I promise you that it will all work out in the end. Have faith.

So I wonder who said the the A's were getting death threats, CA and GA? Is there any proof of this? Because I don't believe it.

#JudgePerry spokeswoman says she'll come up to media room in around 20 minutes to announce how much time #CaseyAnthony must serve.

by bobkealing via twitter 3:24 PM

apologies if already posted

I do wish that JA would have been there, but maybe he is better of not sitting through that. I'm amazed at how LDB and HHJP maintained their composure.

He's retired from the SA office now, so maybe that's why he didn't show. But like he said, they've tried many, many cases and some are victories and some are disappointments. He even said that he's lost cases where it was harder to take than this one because it was even clearer of the person's guilt. I think LDB and JP are just the ultimate professionals (unlike DT). Even Ashton said on Dr. Drew that he would never, and has never, celebrated a case the way the DT did at the restaurant after the verdict. He just said that everyone interprets professionalism differently and behaves accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken