2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if he wants Mommie to love him better. I wish he'd hit KC with libel or slander, whatever. Instead, he'll probably get right back to being her bff.

Extremely interesting that Lee has a new attorney. Why the need for a new attorney TODAY? Something is up, just can't figure out what.

I don't like Lee, but I might have more respect for him if he forgets his family ever existed, and moved on. It seems like maybe he was doing that when this whole thing started, but he did stick up for them on the stand, so I don't know.

JA commented yesterday on how obstructive LA was on the stand- needed to have his memory refreshed as to any question they asked, and it was like pulling teeth to extract the correct information from him - but when the DT asked he had instant recall..

Could people please quit telling others it is time to move on. No one has the right to tell another person when it is time for them to move on. How in the world could anyone tell another person what is best for them in this situation? Each person is capable of making that decision for themselves. That is the same as telling other people what they should think.

I have heard that phrase a lot since my son died and it annoys me to no end.

I care about caylee, but i'm late to the party. My worry is the ugly, ugly precident this sets for courts all over the country. I love the law. I dont always agree with it, but thats the system we have and you have to work within it. However, those that agree with the jury I pray to god you are not sitting next or behind a prosecutor and justice is in the hands of 12 people who may crack or fold depending on how much they are pressured.

Forget the TH or nancy grace, of JVM or whomever is in the media. This is about murdering a child and about the other cases out there. I promise there will be copy cats of this crime. Abusive parents and serial killers are taking notes. So this is more than just about Caylee and the anthony's. Thats what people dont see. A high profile case like this will echo. So did the OJ case. It changed how people saw the law and notice the uptick in murdered spouses. OJ proved that you can get away with it.

This was reported live on HLN just a few minutes ago. Apparently some of the HLN producers were sitting in front of Cindy and George in the court room and they overheard a conversation between Lippman and the Anthony's. Lippman told them that he'd received a call from Lee and he said he had a new atty.

IMO

Why does Lee need an attorney at all now that the trial is over?
Is it because "Lee knows what he has done?"

Extremely interesting that Lee has a new attorney. Why the need for a new attorney TODAY? Something is up, just can't figure out what.

If M Lippman has any sense he will quit the entire A family before they ruin his reputation.

Thank you!

Bumping so others don't miss it like I did.

I really really think that she left already. I think after all the calculations she gets out today. Its just the way this whole thing has gone from the beginning. The victim casey anthony. uuuggghhh!!!

How would he square that with CA's comments (multiple times according to LA and ICA) that she was an unfit mother?

Honestly I think it is a "future publicity" thing - meaning choose me instead of Baez because I believe what my clients tell me too.........

That's the only "logic" I can apply...nothing else makes any sense...

Who would have though that one of Casey's former friends would be blaming us......

That was Iassen wasn't it?

Anyway, I kind of understand what he was saying and iirc he was virtually the only one I remember who said on his LE interview he thinks she killed Caylee, I respected him a lot for saying that.

However I think his anger is misplaced, Casey Anthony is the only one who is responsible for how this turned out - she told so many lies including her opening defense that the jurors simply could not work it out. As to the prosecutors asking for the death penalty...Iassen did you ever watch the hearing on one of the death penalty motions where Jeff Ashton explained exactly why it was re-instituted?

I'd suggest that Iassen direct his anger where it belongs and that is at Casey Anthony.

This was reported live on HLN just a few minutes ago. Apparently some of the HLN producers were sitting in front of Cindy and George in the court room and they overheard a conversation between Lippman and the Anthony's. Lippman told them that he'd received a call from Lee and he said he had a new atty.

IMO

Thank You ...

Hmmm ... I wonder what Lee is up to ? He did not show up for the Closing Arguments, Jury Instructions and the Jury Verdict ?

And I am also wondering "what" he would need an attorney for ?

:waitasec: No telling with the Anthony's ...

And hopefully she continues to never pay the IRS year after year. And then the federal govt can charge her and send her butt back to prison.

Worked on Al Capone!

Hmmm, the 6 Degrees of Al Capone...Geraldo....Baez....FCA...:loser:

Not if he wants Mommie to love him better. I wish he'd hit KC with libel or slander, whatever. Instead, he'll probably get right back to being her bff.

Maybe he'll get invited to Casey's babyshower next time around.

Inside the jail she will be drumming up business for Baez. Everyone will want to know how she did this. Probably be very popular there.

Okay then - I am listening to Richard Hornsby saying he always believed ICA was a good mother who did not mistreat her child and he didn't buy the chloroform etc stories. And that if ICA writes a book it will be about Caylee and her life, and what life at home was like growing up with Lee and George. That this is a book the public will buy.

Uh Huh - okay Richard....And are you thinking we would hear one shred of truth in this book or would this be a Grim(ms) Fairy Tale?

And what is in that cup of yours, Sir?

The chloroform stories at least were backed up by some evidence.

Okay then - I am listening to Richard Hornsby saying he always believed ICA was a good mother who did not mistreat her child and he didn't buy the chloroform etc stories. And that if ICA writes a book it will be about Caylee and her life, and what life at home was like growing up with Lee and George. That this is a book the public will buy.

Uh Huh - okay Richard....And are you thinking we would hear one shred of truth in this book or would this be a Grim(ms) Fairy Tale?

And what is in that cup of yours, Sir?

Personally I never understood the love for RH on this board. His tweets were always so desperate to be 'funny' while insulting the TH's he disagreed with and he was clearly always pro-ICA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member