17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have to forgive me here b/c I haven't seen all of JO's interviews and some here may have. Did Oliver discuss some facts about the case - and said that he had those facts from speaking with George - that we believe would be damaging?

From the interview with LO & CB there on MSNBC, I didn't see any case facts he brought up. Mostly LO & CB were telling HIM things he didn't know...

Taafee - he has some flubs they might be interested in clarifying? But I think defense could easily just clean it all up on cross.

Bumping l.b.nora's post 714. Just as he said, Oliver had a whole lot of interviews at the beginning of this case and if I recall correctly, there was some references made that "George told me this, George told me that" so yes, if he stated something in any of them, no matter how mundane they may seem, he can be called as a witness.

Well, Joe Oliver has a prior history as a TV Anchorman. I think he most recently worked at WESH in Orlando. He had also had gigs with a couple of TV stations in San Francisco, and in Sacramento. He had worked with CNN and, others that I don't remember off the top of my head. So, it is likely that Mr. Hornsby has prior knowledge of Joe Oliver from a TV Personality Point of View. People tend not to say bad things about people in the same arenas.

Also, Joe Oliver had done at least twenty to thirty media interviews prior to his appearance on Lawrence O'Donnell's show. In all the interviews I saw, Joe was changing his story. At first, he claimed to know George Zimmerman for at least ten years. He made no mention of the fact that he worked with him, or how he knew him. But, Joe was very clear that he knew him quite well, until he couldn't answer and stumbled over some of the most simple questions. The press / media in and around Orlando, all knew who Joe was. Why weren't they quizzing him? I think Lawrence did what needed to be done. Joe Oliver was hurting George Zimmerman, badly, imo.

Taaffe hurts him too. Taaffe was not a prior TV personality. Therefore, it is most likely that Hornsby doesn't know him and is not really following this case very closely. Which is fine, he doesn't have to. All my opinion.

~jmo~

You'll have to forgive me here b/c I haven't seen all of JO's interviews and some here may have. Did Oliver discuss some facts about the case - and said that he had those facts from speaking with George - that we believe would be damaging?

From the interview with LO & CB there on MSNBC, I didn't see any case facts he brought up. Mostly LO & CB were telling HIM things he didn't know...

Taafee - he has some flubs they might be interested in clarifying? But I think defense could easily just clean it all up on cross.

oooh, I do hope the defense calls Taaffe to the stand. That should be good. :popcorn:

I know what you're saying, but... I agree with the points Lawrence O'Donnell and Friends were making to Joe Oliver...

A guy I grew up with seems like such a nice gentleman now. I moved out of town long ago so only see him on holidays. He's always so nice whenever I'm back home. Fun to hang out with.

I've told people what an upstanding guy he is, thinking he was more mature or dignified than a lot of guys in our old neighborhood.

But then I found out recently that he has a 15-year history of beating up his girlfriends. One of them, he fought with outdoors, where various neighbors eye-witnessed it.

He eventually mentioned one of those incidents to me, downplaying it. He told me this as part of explaining why his current girlfriend's family / grown children hate his guts.

Well duh: You've been violent with their mother!? :what:

My point: A year ago I'd have gone on Lawrence O'Donnell and defended him to the end -- clearly not knowing jack. That's exactly what Joe Oliver is doing. Sounds like he mostly sees GZ at occasional family functions, about the same I "knew" the guy I grew up with.

And Joe Oliver quit his JOB to do media for GZ?! I now think JO just wants to be in the limelight. Especially when he said GZ wouldn't return his calls.

He was pushing hard to get on TV (on GZ's behalf). GZ nor his attorneys asked JO to do this.

JO says he's not getting paid to do PR for GZ, and quit his job for this purpose. This man probably is trying to set himself up to get a book deal.
Thanks. I guess I didn't miss much by not watching a single second of Joe Oliver on TV.

All Mr. Hornsby stated was that he believed Oliver did a good job which I believe the majority of us took to be his opinion. (see post 650). Furthermore, he was specifically asked by Dr. Fessel if one of George's friends gets on TV and says well George told me this and George told me that, could the SA make them take the stand and then question them about what George told them from what they said on TV? (see post 658) to which he replied "Yes, they could." (see post 661).

That said, how do you suppose it will look when Oliver is called to the stand? (both of Mr. Hornsby's posts quoted below).

~jmo~
I think that Oliver is a good friend who spoke to the point and was interviewed by a bear...
Lawrence O’Donnell GILLED Oliver and then spun too.

OLIVER held his own. Yes he is a good friend, and is interfamily related too...

oooh, I do hope the defense calls Taaffe to the stand. That should be good. :popcorn:

Could you imagine him giving his Presidential speech to that jury? :floorlaugh:

Yeah, I could too!

You may be totally correct, and I am not arguing the point.

However, that just reminded me of something else that I have been meaning to post.

We have seen posted ad nauseum GZ's original mugshot from what, 7 years ago? And the smiling picture with the tie from do we know when?

And most recently, his booking mugshot and the video from the hearing.

In all those images his nose looks exactly the same to me.

So to all the medical experts here on WS, is it possible to have a healed broken nose that looks exactly the same as the pre-broken nose?

IMO, GZ's nose actually looks better in his most recent mug shot than it did in all the previous photos we've seen!

I think that Oliver is a good friend who spoke to the point and was interviewed by a bear... Lawrence O’Donnell GILLED Oliver and spun too.

BBM Could you expand on this?

I guess that RHornsby believes that the police report is accurate and not a lie and there were injuries to GZ's head and grass on his jacket.

On the surface, I agree with you. However, when or how would RHornsby have a chance to see any of the forensics? I hope he comes back to tell us more and maybe answer a few of these questions!

:woohoo:

I think that Oliver is a good friend who spoke to the point and was interviewed by a bear...

He admitted that he had basically no relationship with Zimmerman at all, was just a coworker so how is that being a good friend much less being interfamily?

~jmo~

He has admitted that he is NOT a close friend on more than one occasion and is most definitely not related to GZ. Oliver's wife is only friends with GZ's mother-in-law.

On the surface, I agree with you. However, when or how would RHornsby have a chance to see any of the forensics? I hope he comes back to tell us more and maybe answer a few of these questions!

He will! Don't worry! Mr. Hornsby is pretty cool! He's been a member here for a while.

Joe Oliver also has shown some very bad judgement in the past:

:what:

I noticed this is a complaint filed 23 years ago?

The complaint alleges libel, fraud and invasion of privacy, and seeks an unspecified amount in damages.

Respectfully, how do we leap from a complaint filed 23 years ago to a conclusion that "Joe Oliver has shown some very bad judgement in the past"?

Was this complaint thrown out? Was it struck down? Was it settled? Did it go to trial? Do we have the documentation that explains Joe's role and how it was his responsibility?

This doesn't show bad judgement to me. It shows the guy was working in media back then, though.

I think that Richard is basing his opinions on the information that we all have, just like all the other members of WS are doing. I've haven't seen him claim any "insider" information on this case. JMO.

LOLOL.

OMG, I hope MOM's smarter than that. You know, for the sake of GZ getting a fair trial and all. :lol:

But, if prosecution did call Taaffee, defense would cross.

I understand the concern about Taaffee. Kind of a partner-in-arms.
Taaffee kinda sticks in my craw.

and that's 2many puns in 1 post.

IMO, GZ's nose actually looks better in his most recent mug shot than it did in all the previous photos we've seen!

Not a big fan of personal anecdotes, but that's not always enough to stop me!

The bridge of my nose has been broken several times. You can't tell at all unless you look really closely exactly where I tell you to or if you touch it. Then it is really obvious. My nose remains small and otherwise straight to the point that people comment on it once they know it's been broken multiple times. Once it broke the first time, the future breaks came easily and were along the same path.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member