Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

Yes, I agree maybe CA thought it would help. When my BIL died my hubby wanted to contribute in some way but was not in shape to think of what to do, so I made some suggestions to him. I really think being involved with the process granted him some closure.

I think burying Caylee with her favorite jewelry or even a new engraved piece would be very healing for the GPs. But with GA maybe all it brought up were memories of happier times and was too much for him.

In addition; I wish someone would have suggested something like this to me when my Mother died. She was cremated and has a niche at the cemetery. It did not occur to me to put something in there with her urn and until they went to seal it up and I was asked if I had anything I wanted to add. Unfortunately the only thing I could do at that point was to add some flowers.

Questions:

Wasn't Caylee supposed to be cremated?

If so, would one really buy jewelry to dress skeletal remains in just to cremate?

Do crematories allow items with remains at the time of cremation?

I don't think it's strange whatsoever that the grandparents would want to have beloved momentos that mean something to them and that meant something to Caylee to be buried with her. When you look at all of those beautiful pictures of Caylee you can see what a little princess she was in the those fairy and Disney princess costumes and whether the jewelery is real, costume, newly bought, or old and sentimental doesn't make a difference to me. Whatever gives Cindy and George comfort is what they should have for Caylee. I hope that the Anthony family will be able to have a funeral soon for Caylee - it must be difficult to have to wait as long as they have to bury her.

I have no issue with anything that they would like to put with Caylee. When my grandfather was in his casket, I wished that I had brought a favorite picture that I have of him and I but my Aunt failed to tell me that it was an open casket, so I was not prepared for that............Anyways, I could care less what they put in the casket! They need to grieve in whatever way they need and that's that!

Questions:

If so, would one really buy jewelry to dress skeletal remains in just to cremate?

I think it's certainly allowed but the temps would surely destroy most things.................

I don't understand why she wanted him to pick out jewelry for little Caylee. I mean, maybe I'm missing something but, wasn't the poor little girl's body found in skeleton form? Maybe they are planning on placing certain things inside the coffin. I can see that. I was just curious if anyone else was wondering about this?

I'm sorry but I am a once in a while poster and a everyday loooker.... BUUUTTTT....

This case is driving me crazy... I didnt get ot see NG tonight and won't get to until WED...

WHY hasn't there been a memorial for CAYLEE who is this whole case is all about??

I DO NOT CARE if they have her bones in a casket or a urn... they can even opt to have a memorial without ashes or body being there...

BUT WHY... has there been NO MEMORIAL IN CAYLEES NAME????

For Gods sake it has been more than a month..

GIVE CAYLEE that much respect.....

NOW we can see who has the most emotion in the whole family...HE wants to join CAYLEE and end his misery..............

I'm sorry but I am a once in a while poster and a everyday loooker.... BUUUTTTT....

This case is driving me crazy... I didnt get ot see NG tonight and won't get to until WED...

WHY hasn't there been a memorial for CAYLEE who is this whole case is all about??

I DO NOT CARE if they have her bones in a casket or a urn... they can even opt to have a memorial without ashes or body being there...

BUT WHY... has there been NO MEMORIAL IN CAYLEES NAME????

For Gods sake it has been more than a month..

GIVE CAYLEE that much respect.....

NOW we can see who has the most emotion in the whole family...HE wants to join CAYLEE and end his misery..............

Awwww. I SO agree. They could have opted to delay the actual "burial" but to not even have a memorial yet???? Wow. That's just very odd to me. Yeah it's "high-profile" but who gives a frick!!!?? Give the baby at least a memorial for the time being!!! ITA!!

Questions:

what is the norm when it involves the deceased being cremated? do you have a funeral with the remains in a casket then after send the remains for cremation? or do you cremate the remains first then have them in an urn for the funeral? i would imagine this would be a personal choice but i've never had to make that decision thankfully, so i don't really know.

i was just doing some reading on the cremation process;

Jewelry, such as wristwatches and rings, are ordinarily removed and returned to the family. The only nonnatural item required to be removed is a pacemaker, because it could explode and damage the cremator. Also the mercury contained in a pacemaker's batteries poses an unacceptable risk of air pollution. In the United Kingdom, and possibly other countries, the undertaker is required to remove pacemakers prior to delivering the body to the crematorium, and sign a declaration stating that any pacemaker has been removed.[5]

After the incineration is completed, the bone fragments are swept out of the retort and the operator uses a pulverizer called a cremulator[5] (also known informally as a crembola[citation needed]) to process them into what are known as cremated remains, which exhibit the appearance of grains of sand (note that this varies with the efficiency of the cremulator used, and recognizable chips of very dry bone may be seen in some final product cremated remains, depending on origin and facility). Cremulators usually use some kind of rotating or grinding mechanism to powder the bones, such as the heavy metal balls on older models.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation

so...if any jewelery was put in the casket with caylee, it would be returned to the family before cremation, at which point they could place the jewelery with the urn if they choose to have it entombed.

It's in the police report and that is what the thread is about imo.
We put a check for a million bucks with my dad, some trinkets,a family picture and other odds and ends. The grandkids put all kinds of carp in with him.
Funerals and memorials are for the living not the dead and if someone wants to put jewelry in with Caylee,so be it. Maybe Caylee loved jewelry and it is making them feel good to put jewlery in with what is left of her. It really doesn't matter what condition she is in does it?

If it is not true, we will find out soon enough. But I don't for the life of me understand what is nasty about this at all.
I hadn't really looked at it from this perspective and having now done so, I agree with you. :)

I agree with the token of love part. But, shouldn't that token be something that the deceased person loved/treasured? Is it really
necessary to go to a jewelry store? Even if it was a heart or cross wouldn't it have more meaning if it was either hers or a family members?

the article said choose jewellry, not buy jewellry. most likely it was meant to be from caylee's own special things. or like another poster said, the bracelet they wanted to get her for her 16th bday kind of things. caylee was a two year old little girl - the more jewellry and the sparklier, the better. she would have loved it.

Questions:

Maybe this is just their way of making sure that Caylee is surrounded by special things that would make her feel safe and secure.

I know that may sound a little silly but to me its no more silly then a regular funeral with people having a mortician prepare the deceased for viewing before they are cremated. People have the deceased's hair done, makeup done, dress them in their Sunday best, put good jewelry on them, put pictures in the coffin, mourners buy flowers for the deceased, etc.

Maybe they are attempting to have some little sense of normalcy. Maybe they are just attempting to follow the burial customs of their family.

If burying her with beautiful things or even her favorite plastic play jewelry brings them some comfort then that should not be judged or speculated on.

A little off topic but this makes me very sad that this is even being discussed. First people complain that Caylee hasn't been buried yet and then people start analyzing every little detail of "why" when they finally seem to be making preparations to bury her.

I have always said that when my husband dies i am going to put the t v remote controller in with him. We have been married 50 years and to me if he has this much joy using the remote controller then he is going to have it with him in heaven. I love him dearley

:clap::clap::clap: You've summed up my thoughts and feelings very eloquently.
FaerieB, I agree . . . Sundance's whole post was well thought out and beautifully written.

I am glad that George is in the Hospital. I am sure that he needed some type of relief. Being in the home that was "too quiet" and still full of Caylee's things and memories, was definitely not good for him, or Cindy, mentally. He has always been the one to show his emotions and to say what he thought, when Cindy wasn't around. I am sure that he is being mildly sedated and will be started on at least an anti-depressant to help him. The A's have been battling alot on their own and know how people feel about them, so it will probably give him some relief to be treated kindly by the medical staff. I am glad that he was found before he could commit suicide. As much as he wants to be with Caylee, he is still needed here on Earth.

I didn't get to hear what KC's reaction was about this as I fell asleep but I'm sure it's on here somewhere. I guess it doesn't matter since she is basically sub-human and cannot feel or show the emotions that we normal people can.

Get well George! And just know that you will be reunited with Caylee some day and she will be waiting to cross you over when you get there.

P.S. As to the subject of this thread, I think it would be an act of love to have Caylee buried with some of her favorite things.

Questions:

No one said they were :buying" jewelry for Caylee, what was reported "pick out jewelry for Caylee". Yes, you can put items with the body or remains of a person for cremation.

I don't think it's strange whatsoever that the grandparents would want to have beloved momentos that mean something to them and that meant something to Caylee to be buried with her. When you look at all of those beautiful pictures of Caylee you can see what a little princess she was in the those fairy and Disney princess costumes and whether the jewelery is real, costume, newly bought, or old and sentimental doesn't make a difference to me. Whatever gives Cindy and George comfort is what they should have for Caylee. I hope that the Anthony family will be able to have a funeral soon for Caylee - it must be difficult to have to wait as long as they have to bury her.

I agree. They should place in the casket whatever brings them comfort.

JBean - respectfully...This has to be a nasty rumor or something. Caylee's remains are bones. What is the point of jewellery? The only realistic answers are bizarre and distasteful to say the least. Earrings - not possible. Necklace - not possible. Bracelet - not possible.

Jewellery??? Maybe she asked him to pick out a cross to put to rest with her remains? That's possible and realistic. Perhaps, one of her favorite charms or something that she liked to wear...OK...But the title of this thread invites negative comments if in fact, this is what happened.

i agree with this. my first thought when i heard about the jewelry is that it is totally bizarre and creepy to decorate a skeleton :eek:

but i suppose it might make some sense to pick out a cross or an item to bury with caylee (though i thought at one point they said she would be cremated? :waitasec:).

i'd like to know more about this detail.

The Kings of Egypt were buried with tons of stuff. They even threw in all the live servants!

My Grandma died last month. I put some things in her casket that were personal to her and I. I made sure she was buried with this one ring she loved. Caylee did not live long enough to have those things. I think it is appropriate and sweet.

We bury people with their watches and jewelry all the time.

Casey left Cayley in the damp woods in a trash bag, with duct tape and a sticker.

George and Cindy want to let her go with jewelry. This is very nice compared to her own mothers choice of items.

Your post brought tears to my eyes because I have no doubt this is how CA and GA must feel. They don't see Caylee as 'bones' they see her as the light of their lives which was taken too early. She will live on in their hearts as the beautiful child we have all come to cherish deeply.

All of the negative speculation (because it is just that) is so disgustingly insensitive and it's staggering to me that so many people are so heavily invested in hatred and negativity.

Harleysnana and Aquamom, you have restored my faith in humanity. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back