Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I think MR is guilty of something, I was expecting way more from the crown to prove the sexual assault charges. So far, nothing. I'm baffled. It appears they have nothing but TLM's story to base this charge on. :notgood:

TLM's story that is being proven bit by bit, Tori's blood mixed with semen (dropped there at different times - highly doubt it), and not to mention the fact that she had no clothes on her lower body.

If I understand right, the only direct evidence is TLM's testimony, but there should be enough circumstantial evidence to come to the conclusion.

Sorry I haven't been able to help with the tweets the last 2 days. I take one week off work and come back to disaster. :sigh:

MR was arrested May 19th, correct? I wonder when LE questioned these witnesses? Do we know if they checked the dump site for the car seat? I don't remember. Too late now but I guess I'm wondering if they did or didn't and if they did, was one or two month too much time lapse to retrieve something from a dump site.

Was it explained where sperm fractions or whole sperm cells come from, if not semen? I'm sorry, I just don't get it. JMO

JMO........The inside of the car was painted white before the abduction, and it wasn't "whitewashed" after the crime to hide evidence, as many had surmised.

The only evidence found on MR's pea coat that TLM said was used to cover VS in the back seat for a couple of hours, only contained 2 hair fibers, one which belonged to MR and one unknown female........but not VS. Where is the DNA?.....even saliva DNA..........nothing from VS?

The cut out chunks of foam appeared in the April pile of garbage, along with the car seat.

Didn't TLM testify she cut them out and threw them out the window along the 401?

MOO

That's why LE said they couldn't look through all the garbage apparently tons of it because it was too late by the time they were on to him to retrieve that car seat.

Thanks...you answered my question.

TLM's story that is being proven bit by bit, Tori's blood mixed with semen (dropped there at different times - highly doubt it), and not to mention the fact that she had no clothes on her lower body.

If I understand right, the only direct evidence is TLM's testimony, but there should be enough circumstantial evidence to come to the conclusion.

I thought the expert said there was no semen present?

JMO........The inside of the car was painted white before the abduction, and it wasn't "whitewashed" after the crime to hide evidence, as many had surmised.

The only evidence found on MR's pea coat that TLM said was used to cover VS in the back seat for a couple of hours, only contained 2 hair fibers, one which belonged to MR and one unknown female........but not VS. Where is the DNA?.....even saliva DNA..........nothing from VS?

The cut out chunks of foam appeared in the April pile of garbage, along with the car seat.

Didn't TLM testify she cut them out and threw them out the window along the 401?

MOO

How do you think Tori got to Mount Forest? Hitchhiked?

I believe it has been said by various witnesses this far there were blankets in the back seat, I wonder if these blankets were ever found, or have ever been tested for DNA. MTR could have had a blanket laid out over the back seat during the rape and therefore not leaving much DNA evidence on the actual seat. Just a thought, nothing to back that up.

I thought the expert said there was no semen present?

I'm sure someone else is keeping much better track of all this and can find it, but if I'm not mistaken there was semen present in the one spot of TS's blood...just not enough to determine's who's.

:twocents:
I'm sorry DNA evidence may not be 100% conclusive but tlm testimony matches up almost completely. He is going down. He was there for the kidnapping he had the car he drove tlm to home depot knowing what she was going to buy he found the spot that was secluded in moo, he could have drove away, called police or atoll topped it from happening and he didn't he lied, destroyed evidence and thought that he would never get caught. Even if they can't prove the rape he is going down. Nothing destine can say will take away from the facts .

and if they acted together as the crown says..what is the motivator for a male to do this....statistics say it is sexual in nature

Was it explained where sperm fractions or whole sperm cells come from, if not semen? I'm sorry, I just don't get it. JMO

I wish we had expert forensic analysts here to explain all of this in layperson terms for us.

I was hoping the Crown would have redirected and summarized it nicely. They haven't been doing that and it is really bugging me!!!!!! Perhaps what the tweets are not as detailed as direct testimony in court and we're just getting the bits and pieces and not the full picture?? :dunno:

I just hope this jury GETS IT!

Here's the thing, Tori's blood was found with at least a sperm fraction. How did the sperm fraction get there? Even if the nuclear DNA from the sperm fraction is not enough to profile, it is still a sperm. Sperm comes from that male ejaculate. I think the jury knows enough about how that works. JMO

the expert said the seat fibers found had been cut. TLM used HIS knife. JMO

Go back a bit in the thread for the little bit I got for a definition, but here is the link where I got it: http://books.google.com/books?id=LnK...action&f=false

ETA: I guess when they are analyzing the sperm they process it with some chemicals and the result is called sperm fraction.

So the sperm was found in the car, taken to the lab, they use whatever chemicals and the result is sperm faction.

Plus I fixed an autocorrect error

I wonder if a vacuum cleaner or shop vac canister was removed from MR's home for testing

I don't get it...but I'm going to start reading:what:

DNA Testing: An Introduction For Non-Scientists
An Illustrated Explanation

Analysis of Separated Sperm and Non-Sperm Fractions.

In order to perform DNA typing on sperm DNA, it is desirable to separate the sperm DNA from any other DNA that may be present. For example, in swabbed materials from a rape evidence kit, the swabs may contain non-sperm cells from the victim as well as sperm and non-sperm cells from the rapist. To accomplish separation of the sperm cells, a process known as differential extraction is often performed. This involves lysing (breaking open) the non-sperm cells followed by spinning (centrifugation) the mixture to remove the still unbroken sperm cells. To do this, chemicals, usually an enzyme called proteinase K (PROTEIN-ACE-K) (breaks down most proteins), and a mild detergent (breaks down cellular membranes) are added to the original mixture of sperm and non-sperm cells. The enzyme and the mild detergent can lyse most cell types but not sperm because the sperm cell membranes have cross-linking chemical bonds called disulfides (pronounced DI-SUL-FIDES). Actually, the illustration below is slightly incorrect because the proteinase K does remove most of the sperm tails. These were left in the illustration to assist in following what happens to the sperm.
When the treated mixture is spun in a centrifuge, the sperm are forced to the bottom of the tube because they are dense. On the other hand, the broken, non-sperm cells are not very dense so they stay higher in the tube. This higher portion is called the supernatant and after the first spin in the centrifuge, the supernatant can be removed. The supernatant is referred to in various ways but usually it is called the non-sperm or the E1 fraction. The pellet (the material at the bottom of the tube) is called the sperm or E2 fraction. Usually, the pellet will be re-suspended in fresh liquid and re-spun to help purify it away from non-sperm DNA.

Finally, the sperm fraction is lysed (the sperm cells broken open) by adding a chemical called DTT. The DTT breaks the disulfide bonds releasing the sperm DNA.

The description of this procedure so far is quite ideal. It works pretty much as described for fresh samples. Even with fresh samples however, some of the non-sperm DNA will be trapped in the sperm pellet. This can be a major problem if the amount of sperm is very low or if the samples are aged and degraded. Often male cells, most likely immature sperm or white cells may end up in the supernatant, variously called the “female” fraction or “non-sperm” fraction

There are illustrations in the link

http://www.scientific.org/tutorials/articles/riley/riley.html

@AM980_Court
  • Griswold says he noticed Rafferty remove the seat and put it in his shed March 29th, 09. He is read his synopsis, now remembers.
@AM980_Court

• Derstine asks if chunks were cut out of the seat. Griswold says no. Just one cut. No more questions.

so the seat was removed the end of March and then thrown out with the general pickup in the area mid April...scratch another from TLM statement about cutting out parts of a back seat and thus the reason TS had to sit on the floor...wonder when we will find out the "car wash" was a figment of her imagination...I still believe he was there at the scene but his role is what I am having difficulty in trying to figure out... I also don't think he was "dating" TLM..more likely using her to obtain drugs... as they say..."hell has no fury"...:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts