GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

I am drawn to the 'who done it' murder case.
This one appears to be the case of a sicko loser that is hoping his public defender can get the jury to buy 1st degree burglary, 1st degree rape and 2nd degree murder.....all told, he can get out in 30 years (age 60).

Lets hope not.....
Just the Fax,
Amanda Lamb was outside of my apartment, with cameras, recently. I was sort of po'd that her crew had a camera pointed right at my kitchen window/front door for about 20 minutes. It had died down to almost nothing until recently. But in the last couple of months, the media, lawyers, cops and lookiloos are back in droves. You are drawn to this story and I understand why. But I live here and work here. This is my home. I am so ready for this trial to be done. Ugh!

Good Morning, no1 - Please don't fret about the words in red in your post. The system will highlight any search words you request throughout the thread -- that probably was why you saw the red. I have often searched for "Kathy Taft" to find this thread and would see that name in red all over the place. So relax --it ain't no thang. I have bookmarked it now so I don't have to do the search.
icon7.gif

Here is a WRAL article citing JF's filing for divorce... No secrets in this business, huh? I guess any public record is free game to the press -- but it may help the public's perspective about JF -- she is obviously trying to distance herself from all this horrible affair.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/kathy_taft/story/11118460/

ETA -- I just now had another thought about the red words -- we always put family members' names in initials so as to preserve as much privacy as possible for them -- that's why you see so much "JG, JF, DH," stuff. The reasons are good for this. You should (I don't like telling folks what they "should" or "shouldn't" do, so please excuse) put JF's name in initials when you refer to her or any other family member. The victim and the defendant are exceptions, but a lot of us are in the monogram mode for all of them. HTH.
Thanks for the info, borndem. And thanks for the article. I figured she was in the process of seeking a divorce.

I too get interested in the mystery type murder. This case isn't a mystery. We know JW did it. He concedes he did it. The DNA proves he did it.

The rest is playing out whether he gets LWOP or the DP. No doubt he'll be convicted, I don't see the jury giving him a pass for his mental issues and drug addictions.

Just the Fax,
Amanda Lamb was outside of my apartment, with cameras, recently. I was sort of po'd that her crew had a camera pointed right at my kitchen window/front door for about 20 minutes. It had died down to almost nothing until recently. But in the last couple of months, the media, lawyers, cops and lookiloos are back in droves. You are drawn to this story and I understand why. But I live here and work here. This is my home. I am so ready for this trial to be done. Ugh!

Well, no1, makes you kinda wanna put a little sign covering up your window & say,

This ain't no yard sale,
This ain't no open house,
This ain't no foolin' around...
No one you know lives here now, Amanda. The man you want is at Central
Prison :jail: on Western Boulevard, and his soon-to-be ex has moved out of town. Please go away & leave us alone. Thank you, Ma'am.

Whaddya think?
icon10.gif

:banghead: ..... Grrrrrr

very frightening to think of what one thinks of as a "safe neighborhood" not being that at all. And I think I read somewhere that the home KT was staying in had a burglar alarm, not on at the time. Sometimes you try to do all the right things, but it doesn't really matter if someone else intervenes and does all the wrong things. thanks for your posts.
laces

very frightening to think of what one thinks of as a "safe neighborhood" not being that at all. And I think I read somewhere that the home KT was staying in had a burglar alarm, not on at the time. Sometimes you try to do all the right things, but it doesn't really matter if someone else intervenes and does all the wrong things. thanks for your posts.
laces

bbm

Mmmmfffff. That's tuff, my friend. What you said up there, laces, makes me want to cry & scream at the same time -- and oh, my, you are so right!!
icon9.gif
And I am so sad & mad to have to agree with you. Somehow and sometimes, evilness just wins. We have seen it and read about it too many times.

I lived about a mile from that little neighborhood for about 20 years, and as you may have read, I had several pairs of friends who grew up in, or rented or bought houses on both Cartier and Wayland. Although those back paths to GV were scary to me, I'm such a dayam wimp, I realize that I was just over-reacting....

What an uncaring, selfish and evil man. His 10-minute lark of terror has forever changed the lives of how many?
icon8.gif

It was young Anne Frank who said, "I believe people are really good at heart."
:justice:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
i don't read lips.

So annoying--My WRAL feed is stopping and starting--audio is in and out. A juror doesn't have child care today. Sounds to me like judge isn't happy with the juror overall--hinted (IMO) that this juror isn't paying really close attention--said some jurors are paying more attention to the trial than others.

Mmmmmppppffff.

If the judge ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...

Boy, is he pizzed....

Thanks to all for the alternate links for the live feed. I will check them out. What's going on this morning? I didn't see any feed that was up.

REF. seeing the def. in my neighborhood. No, I don't recall, HOWEVER, the number of times before an arrest in the case, I would stand in line at the grocery stores in the area, (I'm omitting their names) and think to myself, that killer could be in line with me. I was always wondering if he was nearby....and he WAS. That is what is so horrifying. He was in our neighborhood acting like any other person.

Did any of you come to this site the evening after the def's arrest? There were many posts on here for You Tube videos of the def. singing and playing his guitar. He used to play in a band around town. I can't recall their name. There was even one of him sitting on a couch with a couple of friends, singing and playing music, joking around, etc. By midnight that night, all of them had been taken down. Watching those videos of him singing and playing his guitar was quite surreal. I wonder if the state will use them to show that he seemed like a pretty normal guy in that respect.

Mmmmmppppffff.

If the judge ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...

Boy, is he pizzed....

Yeah, he wouldn't be a very good poker player. I was in the courtroom a few times (during the BC trial) when his face was so red he actually started to blend in with the wood paneling behind him. I think everyone squirmed in their seat a bit.

Thank you, I went back to ABC also. Well, I wonder what happens now. Personally, I would want to dismiss a juror such as this, as child care is certainly an understandable reason to be excused from the jury, and likely to be a repeat problem in the days to come.

LOL NCB. Ditto. He has a short fuse, that's for sure. Kind of a hot head who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Thank you, I went back to ABC also. Well, I wonder what happens now. Personally, I would want to dismiss a juror such as this, as child care is certainly an understandable reason to be excused from the jury, and likely to be a repeat problem in the days to come.

They are in a tough spot, because, if I have heard correctly, that will leave them with one alternate. I get the feeling that's what the judge wants to do at this point as he is concerned about this juror for multiple reasons, but it would be a risk to dismiss her.

DS said something about a half day, but WRAL was cutting in and out, so I didn't catch it. What was that based on? Did the MIA juror say she could possibly arrive for a half day?

They are in a tough spot, because, if I have heard correctly, that will leave them with one alternate. I get the feeling that's what the judge wants to do at this point as he is concerned about this juror for multiple reasons, but it would be a risk to dismiss her.

Can't believe they didn't get 4 alternates, as they do in other cases. Talk about leaving themselves exposed. :banghead:

Well, guess it doesn't matter cuz half day is out now. Continued til tomorrow. Same bat time, same bat channel...

They're scrapping testimony for today. Will resume Tuesday. Alert is on WRAL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back