Nancy Grace - 10/27/08

I have a question about this...I know that the test measured 2.6 days of decomposition, but does that mean the clock starts ticking at the moment of expiration...or could the body just have been decomposing for that amount of time while in the trunk? Sorry for not being clearer, but I have no scientific background.
I took it to mean total time from the minute she died until she was removed from the car. Meaning...she could have been somewhere else then placed in the car for a very short period of time or in the car when she died...but she was out of the car at 2.6 days after the time of her actual death.

Well, of course they won't have that many show up. And there will be experienced team leaders to guide the volunteers, so that nothing will be destroyed or mishandled. I appreciate Mr. Klass's concerns... but this will not be just a bunch of ignorant people tromping around.. it will be fully organized. Tim will see to that.

That's assuming that all the volunteers will do an orderly check-in at the check point. It's assuming a lot! There could be some gung ho hot-dog types who just go around the system. There's always a few in every bunch who don't want to wait, don't want to be led, think they can do it on their own, etc. I think MK has a really good point.

8,000 or 3,000 - a lot of people to manage.

If you go back to the Greta interview where George talks about this "wedge" he so needed, and it's in his LE interview, I never heard that he ever got that wedge so he can change the tires on Cindy's car. :waitasec:

Right...........in his interview with LE, George said Casey shoved the gas cans at him with "here's your f-ing gas cans." He said she got in the car and left. He never said if he got the wedges out of the trunk.

Observing KC's body language throughout this thing, I too believe she's cocky and sure the body will not be found. I feel certain about that, just having lived long enough to read human nature. There's something about her strut that convinces me of this.

So here's the question. Even if the remains were burned or (ugh) the body was fed to the alligators, could a careful search still come up with something? I think a burn site and ashes are a possibility but the alligators, I don't know. Maybe a bone left?

She just seems so sure she did a bang up job with the disposal and someone cleaned up after her to such an extent that she could indeed walk away from this.

ITA.....have believed this from the start and sadly I don't believe Caylee will be found.

Just a thought, but I doubt Tim would plan on having 8,000 people turned loose all at once like a herd of elephants. I imagine teams would be set up over a period of days. Section by section. Not allowing people to search for 12 hours at a time but short periods while they were fresh and able to be observant. I always thought they were told not to touch evidence but to alert and allow LE to be called.

Maybe on one of her shopping spree's at Target she got one of those large plastic bins with a cover on it. Some even have wheels on them for moving "heavier" items around....

Or at JCPenney on the 27th of June, the receipt that just happens to be missing. I think that is when she put Caylee wherever she is now. JMO.

Not if KC removed her body from the trunk, placed it in an air tight storage container then placed the container holding Caylee's body in the trunk. Were storage containers in the Anthony shed? Is that what she used the shovel for? To get to the storage container? I can't see KC moving a dead body period. But if she put Caylee in a container then she wouldn't have to touch her. I still think she rented a storage unit and that is where Caylee's body is.

I agree with you on the container but the storage unit...wouldn't it smell and who is paying for it? I guess she could have paid up a year with her stolen money, but it looks to me like the stolen money went to target.

Didn't one of her friends have a storage unit? She could have had her there for a few days. Was it Amy's? Maybe she had Caylee in her storage while she was out of town.

If that many voluteers do show up to search then somebody needs to do some serious organizing before sending them out there.

I think they should be broken down into small groups & somebody should be supervising each group..

Whatever they decide I think it's a bad Idea to just send them all off searching for Caylee at once

Tim M. and ES are a very well organized group. I don't think anyone has to worry about him turning 8,000 people loose in any given area to wander about without some kind of organization, to find this baby's remains. Each group that is set up will have a supervisor/team leader. If anyone can find her I have complete confidence that TM will.

Oh, I disagree! If they don't find her...it is not going to damage the prosecution. In my opinion, since the water flooded the area after she was buried...she could have been literally washed into a deeper area easily depending upon how deep she was buried, how far away from the water she was originally, and other factors.

Mark K. does have a point, but he has to also understand that while it would be better for only one person to go search as a precaution for preventing someone pushing her further into the earth...independent searches have already taken place there. Having more boots on the ground isn't going to do any more damage than could have already happened.

I agree. If 8000 set out to search and don't find her, the prosecution is well within its rights to pose the distinct possibility that KC dumped the body in water (most likely alligator infested water). Not a pretty picture to paint for a jury.

MOO

Just a thought, but I doubt Tim would plan on having 8,000 people turned loose all at once like a herd of elephants. I imagine teams would be set up over a period of days. Section by section. Not allowing people to search for 12 hours at a time but short periods while they were fresh and able to be observant. I always thought they were told not to touch evidence but to alert and allow LE to be called.

No, he wouldn't. This is their business. This is what they do. They know how to run a proper search. I think it's great so many people want to help.

ITA.....have believed this from the start and sadly I don't believe Caylee will be found.

I feel it in my gut, I really do. The only thing that gives me hope is it seems LE feels the search is worthwhile. So we'll see. Without the body I'm still certain she'll be convicted on first degree murder but won't get DP.

Or at JCPenney on the 27th of June, the receipt that just happens to be missing. I think that is when she put Caylee wherever she is now. JMO.
Except LE does have complete records via search warrant to JCP's. They know what was purchased and when. I thought that the phone call to JCP's was about the bill tho and not a purchase.

If Caylee not found during search it could damage the prosecutions case:confused::eek:

Works both ways, if Caylee is not found 'alive' it damages the Defense case -- especially if the trial is not for months.

Better to search and give the Defense some 'hay' that not because it isn't looking like they can find Caylee either......:behindbar

How do we know that Casey shopped (is that what it's called when you use a stolen credit card?) on June 27th?

I strongly believe that whatever happened to Caylee happened on the 16th, sometime after George last saw her and before Casey arrived at Tony's apartment. That would have been middle of the day on the 16th, meaning that Caylee's body was removed from the car on the evening of the 19th or maybe early on the 20th. We Those are the pings we need to look at.
This is what I think as well Chilly.

(The ping threads are in the sticky section at the top of the forum.)

That's a good question and I don't know if the answer can be found in the report. We know that Caylee's hair WITHOUT decomp was found in the trunk along with the one hair that showed decomp. That could mean that Caylee was placed in the trunk immediately after she died, before the chemical changes could take place. Or it could simply be hair that got there through transference.
[THIS IS JUST A THEORY FOR DISCUSSION!] (I had to say that because yesterday somebody read a paragraph on my theory and was horrified and thought it was fact.) It could also mean that KC used chloroform on Caylee and put her in the trunk more than once as a "babysitter" but the last time Caylee died in there. So, only the last time would the body have remained and the decomp and death band started. That could explain why the other hairs didn't have the band.

That's what I heard Leonard say, George believes Caylee was in the trunk on the 24th.

I've always thought that. I thought maybe she was under the trunk... you know, where the spare tire goes? And George didn't see her but Casey was afraid he would smell her.

I strongly believe that whatever happened to Caylee happened on the 16th, sometime after George last saw her and before Casey arrived at Tony's apartment. That would have been middle of the day on the 16th, meaning that Caylee's body was removed from the car on the evening of the 19th or maybe early on the 20th. We Those are the pings we need to look at.
If she had Caylee in the trunk around the 16th, unprotected, in the spare tire well, then removed her and put her in the back yard around the 19th or 20th could she have then came back for her at a later date, put her in a container and then disposed of her. Would the science fit that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back