2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

He "said" it was because he was forced to quit, because after the Defense filed their Response with copies of Cindy's letter to MN, which involved BC, and which had UNTRUE statements in it, that as an officer of the Court he could not stand by and do nothing, and now he would be called as a witness possibly to back up that MN said the allegation that MN coerced/strong-armed BC into getting the Anthonys to sign a waiver of conflict of interest so MN could represent Tim M/TES, in exchange for BC being allowed to view all 4,000 TES documents. Also, that BC was allowed to view all 4,000 TES docs with no restriction on not making copies, and the Defense cannot do the same.

We believe it has more to do with the fact that CINDY made accusations against MN, which BC knows to be untrue, and therefore, BC would be forced to call his client a liar. Also, that Cindy is out of control, and probably sent the letter to MN without BC's knowledge or approval.

Now JB and CM are saying that his Motion is moot because the Judge devised a new arrangement today.

Can Conway file a Bar complaint over this?

I was up all night long unable to sleep, and just reading around....when something suddenly came to my mind. Not sure if it was drug-induced on my part, or just plain being overly tired.
Still not sure if I can get it out right to make it all make sense even, but here goes.

All this muckity-muck over the TES Records ~
They have had access to them for a long time now, we all know that.
We all have scratched our heads every time it rears it's ugly head, wondering WTF. Last month, after we heard Judge Perry give the rules, tell in open court if there were any problems, he would always be available, etc.
So, what happens, once again, the records are at the center of attention, and, Tim Miller has yet to be deposed.

Baez wants to get into a room WITHOUT ANYONE ELSE in there.
Not so that they can go through the records privatly, but, IMO, so that they CAN PLANT THEIR OWN "fall-guy searcher".

It's easy enough to get your hands on one or two of those volunteer sign in sheets, where you itemize what and where you did.
I've seen them, long ago, but, can't remember where now.

So, I *think*, they wanted to have a chance to get in there, and plant a couple "volunteer sheets", that they would then "flag & tag", and low and behold, these searchers would NEVER be found.

The speculation could run rampant, they could "accuse" these searchers of all kinds of things and not have to worry about any repurcutions coming back on them.
There would be the doubt out there, and in the juries mind of who were these people, where did they come from, and, where have they disappeared to?

Now, how this info may have gotton back to Brad Conway, or, if it did, of course, I don't know. {still tired and muggy minded}.
But, if Conway suspects something like this, since he had complete private access, he could possibly testify that he does not remember seeing "these volunteer's paperwork" when he looked over the thousands of pages.

I hope that TES and NeJames have those names numbered and alphabetically in order, and have had such done from day one and notorized to that fact.

We know there is no way that the JAC would approve Baez running background checks on an unlimited amount of searchers.{ would they???}
And, it's time consuming.
So, make your own "name", make sure that it is a name is odd and unrunable.

I had thought maybe they would go with a Julliet Lewis, or, Jeffrey Hawkins, but, those names would have stuck out with everyone.

But, if they came across a name, that was later untraceable, but a name that Casey recognized??? Hmm.......

Conway KNEW about those e-mails as soon as NeJames hit "send" on his reply to Cindy ~
That would have been the time to nip whatever is really going on in the bud, IMO, right??
Just because Baez made a motion and submitted it, doesn't change the fact that the lies and allegations were already out there~!

I don't know - it's just smells to me, from every direction.
{and lack of sleep}

Conway has been tardy or missing lately, goes to NYC with the Anthony's, but for the first time, does NOT sit side by side with them in their interview.
The Anthony's leave, and Conway stays put and makes a Monday morning appearance on the news that the previous interviews with his ex clients had been taped!

Well, maybe I'm not making any sense, or, maybe someone can clear my muddled mind up on this, and tell me I am nutzz and over-medicated and that what I "think" wouldn't fly??
Anyone???

Do I need to step back?
Look for a 12 step program?

Send em all guns, lock em in a room and let em have it and let God sort it out???
This is some serious crazzzzy sheet-rockin going on down there.
Lord, don't make me go down there ~!!!! LOL ~!!

Actually, I agree with your concept of "planting evidence." Baez has sold his soul to the devil a long time ago and, quite frankly, he gives genuine, good lawyers a bad name. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to plant evidence. He's already LIED about what Conway did, about what Joe Jackson said and heaven knows what else. Shady doesn't begin to describe this sorry excuse for a man in my opinion

I'm not buying Conway's excuse at all. I would also like to know why he even stuck with them for so long.
I wish people would just tell the truth when they are escaping the mess that are the Anthony's.
I wonder who the next lawyer will be for the Anthony's? Will it be a law student who isn't wise enough to know better and just needs the credits instead of cash. God knows the Anthony's have no money (according to them).
Maybe no money, but plenty of bling and a tattoo that cost a pretty penny (cash).

Actually, I agree with your concept of "planting evidence." Baez has sold his soul to the devil a long time ago and, quite frankly, he gives genuine, good lawyers a bad name. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to plant evidence. He's already LIED about what Conway did, about what Joe Jackson said and heaven knows what else. Shady doesn't begin to describe this sorry excuse for a man in my opinion

I really think there have been too many people already through those records for him to plant something at this late date. Doubt it very much. jmo

I was wondering if a bar complaint was filed against BC and that is what made him come forward. A complaint that he forced his clients to sign a waiver? A complaint filed by team Baez? BC had to resign so that he could defend against not forcing the signing. Can privilege be suspended when the lawyer is one of the parties involved in an accusation?

Can Conway file a Bar complaint over this?

Anyone .... anywhere ... can file a Bar complaint .... they just need to provide evidence to back up the complaint ....
IMO BC should file a complaint if he has evidence that JB filed UNTRUE statements about BC in a Motion to the Court, and also that JB provided private emails to the MEDIA before he ever attached them as Exhibits to his Motion.

So BC has now become a proud member of "Under the Casey Anthony Bus Club". How many are there now? Let's see ZG, TL, JG, AH, RK, 4,000 TES searchers & TM, MN, BC, GA and all of LE, the jail and SA. Did I miss any???

I have no respect whatsoever for BC .... he is still in the A camp ..... has not distanced himself from them, and their untruths, in any way. BC puts all the blame on his resignation on what Baez filed in his Motion, but in TRUTH the problem was created by what CINDY did. If Cindy had not given JB copies of private emails ... JB never would have had those documents to attach as Exhibits to his Motion. If Cindy had not written false statements in her letter to MN, JB never could have claimed that Cindy divulged these things to JB.
IMO, TM gives too much credit to BC ... and IMO BC has not washed his hands of these people, BC is not fed up with them at all.

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez complains about Brad Conway ’sideshow’
— posted by halboedeker
excerpt from Conway:
“Absolutely not,” Conway told Nail. “George and Cindy Anthony are good people. They deserve good counsel. And I would have stuck this out to the end if that was possible.”
WOFL added that Conway had offered the Anthonys to help find a new attorney if they want one."

So BC has now become a proud member of "Under the Casey Anthony Bus Club". How many are there now? Let's see ZG, TL, JG, AH, RK, 4,000 TES searchers & TM, MN, BC, GA and all of LE, the jail and SA. Did I miss any???

Judge Stan Strickland, JG's father RG ~ and I believe someone was even marinated under that bus.

Here is the most recent info I found from BC:

WOFL-Ch. 35’s Derrol Nail talked to Conway after the attorney arrived at Orlando International Airport this afternoon.

Nail quickly summed up the issue: Baez “says he didn’t get the same access to Texas EquuSearch records that Brad Conway did. Now Conway told me that’s b.s., and that’s a quote.”

Did Conway use the issue as a way out of case?

“Absolutely not,” Conway told Nail. “George and Cindy Anthony are good people. They deserve good counsel. And I would have stuck this out to the end if that was possible.”

WOFL added that Conway had offered the Anthonys to help find a new attorney if they want one.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ampaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

Oh Brad - you couldn't go out with a modicum of dignity?

I have no respect whatsoever for BC .... he is still in the A camp ..... has not distanced himself from them, and their untruths, in any way. BC puts all the blame on his resignation on what Baez filed in his Motion, but in TRUTH the problem was created by what CINDY did. If Cindy had not given JB copies of private emails ... JB never would have had those documents to attach as Exhibits to his Motion. If Cindy had not written false statements in her letter to MN, JB never could have claimed that Cindy divulged these things to JB.
IMO, TM gives too much credit to BC ... and IMO BC has not washed his hands of these people, BC is not fed up with them at all.

— posted by halboedeker
excerpt from Conway:
WOFL added that Conway had offered the Anthonys to help find a new attorney if they want one."

Not only do I totally agree with you, but I also think that he got in over his head & was looking for a way out. He probably thinks he's got it great now, because he's OUT, but he thinks he looks like it was an honorable exit. He gets to stay "in the A-camp" without the responsibilities associated with it.

I think Cindy is in control of not only George & Lee, but she was in control of Brad too. Unlike the other two, however, he found a way out.

I'm joining in after reading the first three pages so forgive me if this has been said.

I think the reason he's leaving is because he can. He took on the responsibility of "defending" the A's so to speak and probably realized he'd made a huge mistake. This gives him a plausible out and he's running to it like Geraldo to a gangster's empty vault.

His statement about the A's had to be said for professional reasons.

JMO

i'm joining in after reading the first three pages so forgive me if this has been said.

I think the reason he's leaving is because he can. He took on the responsibility of "defending" the a's so to speak and probably realized he'd made a huge mistake. This gives him a plausible out and he's running to it like geraldo to a gangster's empty vault.

His statement about the a's had to be said for professional reasons.

Jmo

ita!!

Or he learned finally that koolaid was bad for your teeth.

I just had a horrible thought! The only person I can think of that would come forward to repsresent the A's........Janie Weintraub..... I would go crazy, I barely survived JVM on Friday.

Maybe Gloria Alred (spelling her name wrong I'm sure). Gloria manages to get herself involved in every case that is in the newspaper. I don't think I could stomach her voice.

— posted by halboedeker
excerpt from Conway:

BC would have to call in every favor ever owed to him by another attorney to have one of them represent the A's. Remind me again, WHY they need an attorney? As per GA, and CA they have nothing to hide, so why the need for legal representation.

I'm joining in after reading the first three pages so forgive me if this has been said.

I think the reason he's leaving is because he can. He took on the responsibility of "defending" the A's so to speak and probably realized he'd made a huge mistake. This gives him a plausible out and he's running to it like Geraldo to a gangster's empty vault.

His statement about the A's had to be said for professional reasons.

JMO

And, to keep them happy campers.
He has seen how they go after everyone.
I wouldn't want them after me.

So, if saying in public that I am sticking by them, will continue to go to meetings, hearings, etc with them, tells me, that he is doing so for his safety, IMO.

Like Cindy said in that infamous call to Tim Miller, "Do not go up against me, because you will NOT win. Do you hear me? You will not win against me or the Anthony's".

BC would have to call in every favor ever owed to him by another attorney to have one of them represent the A's. Remind me again, WHY they need an attorney? As per GA, and CA they have nothing to hide, so why the need for legal representation.

I seem to remember in the early days they were bullying and threatening everyone and his dog with legal action or repercussions -- especially the Blogs and Web sites. CA was trying to get everything shut down.

I would think that CA has a LOT of use for a free attorney, she was probably using BC to enhance her media hype, to play against JB and then, using JB to play against BC.

I think CA likes to mix it up to 'control' and get what she wants when she wants ...... she probably used countless legal advice [as long as it fit her plans].

If ICA was the CEO then CA is the COO and she runs everyone ragged.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back