George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, since the judge is letting in the evidence about Zimmerman's criminal justice schooling so the jury can understand him, they need to bring in Trayvon's fighting and school suspensions so the jury can understand HIM. In how many fights has he been? How many did he start? Did he treat his elders, like his teachers and principals, with respect? Did he obey the school rules?

I haven't read this whole board. Show me proof that Trayvon had a 3.67 GPA based on 4.0, not 5.0 or 6.0, for an "A," 3.0 for a "B," etc. The only way I can think of that he would have gotten a full scholarship when he had not even finished 11th grade would have been some type of athletic scholarship. If he already had an academic scholarship, I'd like to see the courses he was taking. Was he taking basic math, science, and English courses, or was he taking calculus, chemistry, physics, trigonometry, and AP English?

There's a lot more than that online, I hesitate to post links because of their implication. There is some question about the stuff TM purchased that night and I will leave it at that.

If the prosecution wants to bring in state of mind and past bad acts, it needs to go both ways. When I think of the things allowed in the JA case, I have to wonder bout the loyalties of the judge. IMo, she is not being impartial.

Why are there elevator buttons in the witness box?

And I think this judge is laying ground work for appeal if he gets convicted.. This is prejudice testimony without merit.

OMO

IMO - And knew exactly what to say to make his story stand up for a self defense/SYG theory.

And what does that have to do with "state of mind"? IMO, this is an error on the state's (and judge's part) and sets GZ up for an easy appeal if he is convicted. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Because the defense should have been preparing for court instead of making media rounds, the judge is about her business she has no time for Omara's foolishness. IMO

I'm sure oMara has his minions do the actual research, although I agree with you about the interviews. Both sides should shut up until the trial is over (Martin attorneys are also making the rounds). Too bad there is no gag order.

So they can disappear on command... :)

Ha ha! DH and I cannot figure that out. I guess this tells a lot about how compelling I find this testimony that I'm looking behind the witnesses? Maybe I should pay more attention.

IMO - And knew exactly what to say to make his story stand up for a self defense/SYG theory.

would it matter that they are NOT using a SYG defense? gee all that instant legal planning b4 he shot the gun, for nothing.

no? didnt think so.

boy that SA is certainly jaunty this am, what with his "big wins" with the judge. thats tunnel vision for you.

kinda like Captain Smith on the quarterdeck: "full steam ahead". icebergs be dammed.

thats what it reminds me of.

Why are there elevator buttons in the witness box?

I guess I'm dumb, but what is an elevator button? Surely, it is not the same thing that one would push when using an actual elevator.

JMO

I guess I'm dumb, but what is an elevator button? Surely, it is not the same thing that one would push when using an actual elevator.

JMO

No, you're not dumb at all. There are honestly what look like elevator buttons on the wall right behind where the witnesses sit. You can even see what appears to be an 'M' like for mezzanine level and addtl buttons for other floors.

Maybe it's for something else, but it sure looks like straight-up elevator buttons.

I'm intrigued!

I mostly just read along here but watch the trial on another screen. We all have our different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. After this trial we will all move on to another case where we may all agree.

Like I stated; it's all good!

ETA: There really is life after this case! :)

MOO

There may be life for you and I, but what about George Zimmerman? HE is the one in the hot seat, HE is the one whose life is being ruined. It is not, IMO, "all good".

My opinion only

IMO, he didn't plan the ending but may very well have planned to detain the next *advertiser censored**ing punk or a##hole.
I dunno, Just K, up until last night when I finally had time to hear yesterday's afternoon testimony, I was seeing this case as more of a tragic accidental death case. I had necer heard the "Hannity" tape, but I picked up on GZ saying he didn't know anything about SYG right away. At that point I flipped a bit and started thinking GZ was a liar. :twocents:

I mostly just read along here but watch the trial on another screen. We all have our different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. After this trial we will all move on to another case where we may all agree.

Like I stated; it's all good!

ETA: There really is life after this case! :)

MOO

Respectfully, if justice is not served, it is not all good for me. As with some other famous trials, when there is a blatant miscarraige of justice, in my opinion, our system erodes more and more. :moo:

Thanks to the two earlier posters who spoke on whether GZ left his headlights on. Sounds to me that the dinging was an alert but,IMO, we don't know if his lights were on, off, or went off.

JMO

To the witness's right on the wall are some buttons that do, indeed, look like the buttons you would use to "call" an elevator. Someone made a joke, IMO, that made me :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie