Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did ABC have life insurance and do they pay out in instance of murder?

I dont know if she had life insurance or perhaps super that will pay out. She did get married to him while she was working at Flight Centre. He might have been the beneficiary and never been changed. If the murder does not look like murder, then it will pay out. Or if the LOVED one can frame a STRANGER for the murder, then the LOVED one can get the money. Just my opinion.:banghead:

Why are these people so stupid with life insurance policies and bumping off spouses and thinking they can get away with it? Its pathetic!

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

Yes I agree. IMO I think that perhaps finances were strained and they could not keep up payments, therefore no life insurance. I am probably leaning towards a crime of passion, panick, cover up and now upholding the lie. With all the speculation and pressure, I am hoping something breaks soon.

When I first heard of the Bayden-Clay family I expected very successful, wealthy, influential people.

From what I see they live in a very basic home, in the starter home price range and have interests in a failing business. And with what their golden child Gerard has done now I am sure any equity in their little house will go to defending him in court.

The producers of Underbelly should be speaking with the Dickies and getting their input and perhaps they can help donate to the girls' fund. I am sure this will make fascinating viewing with all of the twists and turns to date, and the characters, backgrounds, lineage and the relationships (animosities) between extended families and people. There is an explosive story to be told!

:woohoo:

This is an interesting video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDCiOW81mk

In regards to the white 4wd, could it be possible to have a flat battery, where you can't start the car anymore, but the lights are still on, but are very dim? Could then be mistaken for being parking lights..? I've had flat batteries in the past {flattened by one of my boys not closing a door properly, and internal light on draining power overnight} where the radio still works, but I can't start the car.

Thanks for posting this video i found it very interesting.:gthanks:

He says: "There are some crimes - Allison Baden-Clay, Daniel Morcombe, Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby in Sydney - that for whatever reason, grip the public's imagination," Mr Atkinson said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226359363978

Considering in all those cases the people involved *did not* know their attackers, there's no link there unless you go with she was raped/sexually assaulted. However, IMO, I really think that's unlikely given what we know as fact in this case.

Well these were all opportunistic crimes - but then we have also been told Allison knew her attacker (which negates that) - so maybe sexual assualt is the link ... or maybe it is just the public's reaction. I know I have found it very disturbing, as were the other cases mentioned.

EllaN,

i choose not to repeat the things i have heard as i have tried to erase some of it from my memory as i found some of it quite disgusting and depraved. Lets just say that money does not buy manners or what most people would call acceptable behaviour and that some of this behaviour is hereditary and encouraged within certain families (as i have seen the offspring of these people behave in the same way and been privy to the 'parental advice' given to these children and have been left speechless as a result).

When I first heard of the Bayden-Clay family I expected very successful, wealthy, influential people.

From what I see they live in a very basic home, in the starter home price range and have interests in a failing business. And with what their golden child Gerard has done now I am sure any equity in their little house will go to defending him in court.

Apparently heir house is rented and his parents own their home but have $300,000 mortgage on it (as reported by another member).

In regards to someone 'breaking' in the past 24hrs and telling the police all they know...

Maybe this person knows what happened, but wasn't actively involved in the murder? Maybe they're now working with the police to get the perp to confess? Maybe she's wearing a wire and will meet up with the perp? There could be many reasons as to why she's not been arrested!

Also there's a book I'm currently reading and it's about a law student Anu Singh who killed her fiance Joe Cinque back in 97 in Canberra. She doped him with rohypnol and then injected him with heroin. she was arrested immediately and kept in a remand centre until her court case. BUT her best friend who was 'in the loop' and knew all of what was to happen and also went with Anu to purchase the heroin was not kept in remand and also got off scott free - from wiki - Rao was tried separately in late 1999 on charges of murder, manslaughter, attempted murder and administering a stupefying drug.[22] On 10 December Rao was found not guilty of all charges against her. Crispin J found that there was reasonable doubt that she had assisted in the attempt and rejected the prosecutor's argument that Rao had a legal duty of care to Cinque.

So yes it's a different case, but I guess it shows that those involved are not always arrested and charged immediately, or even charged at all...

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, but I have been following your posts from the very beginning. Thank you to those of you who have provided some very interesting theories, insights and speculations. My biggest wish is for ABC to rest in peace and for her children to be protected from the negative outcomes that will certainly result once this case is eventually resolved.

Like many of you, I have developed somewhat of an obsession with this case. I can only put it down to also being a mother of three and feeling quite emotional for the loss of a life that seemed so promising, as well as for ABC's young children and how they must be feeling right now. Every spare moment I have, I turn to news websites, refreshing like a crazy woman, waiting impatiently for a particular "breaking news" headline, which I am sure you are all waiting for, too...

The following points are IMO only and ideas that I have developed over the last four weeks, from reading the news stories, sifting through your discussions and, admittedly, from my own intuitive thoughts:

1) GBC was involved in quite a tangled web, relating to financial and extra-marital issues, and had reached a point where he could no longer live with the pressure;

2) As a result of the intense pressure, GBC found himself wanting to ease the burden and, unfortunately, removing ABC permanently from his life was his best option;

3) Even if ABC's death was not premeditated, GBC had already planned some kind of "escape" from his, at the time, current life situation. ABC, too, would have been feeling the tides of change and, in her own way, determining her new path in life, minus GBC;

4) If ABC's death was, indeed, premeditated, GBC would have had at least one, or two, people close to him, whom he would have spoken to about his plans. IMO, this would have been his mistress, his father, or both;

5) Since the beginning, I have had very negative feelings about Senior BC. I know, I know... They're only feelings. However, I have not been able to shake these feelings of Senior BC being "in the know" and, either directly or indirectly, having involvement in ABC's death and subsequent removal/disposal of her body;

6) GBC's sister has her suspicions, but has not had the courage to fully explore these. As blood is thicker than water, GBC's sister's loyalties are with her immediate family. However, if one or two of her family members are eventually determined to have been involved in ABC's death, I suspect that GBC's sister will come clean with her suspicions and distance herself from her family;

7) In attempting to preserve the family's high profile, clean-cut image (and maybe not so well with the now infamous "Granny Pash"), Senior Mrs BC is also burying her suspicions. In saying that, Senior Mrs BC potentially knows most of the details of what happened to ABC, but wants to protect her husband's and son's reputations until such time she can no longer do this and the full force of the law takes this from her hands.

So... In summary, GBC was the main perpetrator, Senior BC assisted during the immediate aftermath, an individual close to GBC also has a level of involvement and GBC's mother and sister are both going through a period of supressing suspicion (or knowledge of the crime) and supporting their family to, in their hope, maintain their family image. IMO. :moo:

Cheers,
LP

P.S. I am a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as a side "hobby" to my real life career in psychology (crazy, huh?). I know I cannot include my ABC "readings" on here, but I do want to say this - Venus is currently retrograde. This is good news, for the investigation side of things (e.g. reviews of evidence and witness accounts should produce further, stronger leads and more substantial information), but can potentially drag the investigation out for a little longer, before we receive the answers we're after.

If my P.S. is in any way unacceptable, please feel free to snip, Mods! :blushing:

I dont know if she had life insurance or perhaps super that will pay out. She did get married to him while she was working at Flight Centre. He might have been the beneficiary and never been changed. If the murder does not look like murder, then it will pay out. Or if the LOVED one can frame a STRANGER for the murder, then the LOVED one can get the money. Just my opinion.:banghead:

Someone established through some sleuthing before, that there was a $600,000 insurance on her life. Rumour was that it had been increased in the last 13 months.

Also there's a book I'm currently reading and it's about a law student Anu Singh who killed her fiance Joe Cinque back in 97 in Canberra. She doped him with rohypnol and then injected him with heroin. she was arrested immediately and kept in a remand centre until her court case. BUT her best friend who was 'in the loop' and knew all of what was to happen and also went with Anu to purchase the heroin was not kept in remand and also got off scott free - from wiki - Rao was tried separately in late 1999 on charges of murder, manslaughter, attempted murder and administering a stupefying drug.[22] On 10 December Rao was found not guilty of all charges against her. Crispin J found that there was reasonable doubt that she had assisted in the attempt and rejected the prosecutor's argument that Rao had a legal duty of care to Cinque.

So yes it's a different case, but I guess it shows that those involved are not always arrested and charged immediately, or even charged at all...

That's a GREAT book - I love Helen Garner.

It's a rental

In regards to Allison stumbling upon something of a financial nature and GBC and possible accomplice silencing her, I don't know what it could be but Im not really thinking along the lines of life insurance. I guess I am thinking more like something big..embezzlement, fraud with two people involved in it. If this was a crime of greed not passion, it would have to be a substantial amount for an accomplice or partner to be willing to commit murder or help cover it up. there would have to be something in it for them to go to this length.
Obviously if it were a crime of passion, jealousy would be enough for some women to commit murder. (Whenever I watch tv shows where the women is the killer..I always get scared by the intensity of the rage these women portray!! It completely unnverves me, so yeah, I can picture a scenario in which a mistress is involved)

I can just imagine how aggressively GBC would have pursued ABC. She was pretty, intelligent, accomplished and a real go getter. He was quite the opposite but obviously had a HUGE self inflated opinion about himself. I would think that GBC turned into the most chivalrous, romantic and sensitive man during their courtship and then bang whe he had hooked her the cracks in the varnish were constantly being exposed.

Its like that Julia Roberts movie 'Sleeping with the Enemy' IMHO

Are you for real? Nobody here knows this woman from a bar of soap, how can u assume so many different things about ppl you don't know?

Has it ever occurred to you that *maybe* she knew exactly what she was doing marrying him? As it is mentioned over and over, she's smart, pretty Yadda Yadda, maybe she doesn't like a man to be more successful than her! They were married years before they had kids, surely she knew what she was in for. I know a family with extremely similar dynamics to this family, 3 girls etc, facade of bein happy, renting coz they're bankrupt almost yet own $40k cars.. She's a midwife and he's a glorified computer fixer who can't even do that right without gettin sued... Oh and she is VERY happy to be the more important one, in fact the world revolves around her and he has to do what he's told with the girls and when. GBC seems very involved as is this guy I know.

Just because ABC was a "nice person" which I'm not disputing, give her some credit in that GBC could have well been her "type" of man.

IMO Allison married way below her status. She was so talented and had so much going for her and he appears to only be a failed real estate agent.Have they ever owned a house?
Did she just desperately want children, I just can't understand why she would have settled for him.The world was her oyster.
Does anyone know what date their wedding was?

married in 1997 as previously reported in the media

snipped! But I couldn`t help ask him his opinion about the 2 cars. He is not very interested in this kind of stuff so he really knows nothing much,he`s seen no footage and has no info.
I asked why do you think 2 cars would be involved, with a quick run down.
Ready for it- His answer was that the guy was a pussy and he chickened out and needed help. Called for help in dumping a body, he also said that the car behind would be trying to hide. Just thought I`d tell this story as to what someone with barely any info on the case would think. :moo:

This is my bet too Curiousasacat....SHE took charge. My guess is that he didn't want any other car to get between the two cars.....he was absolutely petrified and she was in control.

Well these were all opportunistic crimes - but then we have also been told Allison knew her attacker (which negates that) - so maybe sexual assualt is the link ... or maybe it is just the public's reaction. I know I have found it very disturbing, as were the other cases mentioned.

I think he is referring to the publics reaction also. There is not a person I have spoken to (from Brisbane at least) that has not been deeply affected by this, or that has not discussed it at length. I lived in Noosa when Sian Kingi was killed and later Daniel went missing and the same thing occurred then...complete obsession with finding who did this, and I remember clearly the shocking murder of Anita Cobby

Someone established through some sleuthing before, that there was a $600,000 insurance on her life. Rumour was that it had been increased in the last 13 months.

I don't think $600000 is enough for pre-meditated murder, is it? I think bankruptcy, especially if you don't own a house, (nothing to lose) is a better than murder. He will probably claim "temporary insanity or some such thing".

I don't know about that Paul Tully with the blog.... Some of his posts seem pretty outrageous and lacking credibility to me :-|
As a Councellor I think he has a lot to lose by saying this stuff if he is wrong. I think that it is likely that he would only be writing things he had faith in. MOO

1) GBC was involved in quite a tangled web, relating to financial and extra-marital issues, and had reached a point where he could no longer live with the pressure;

2) As a result of the intense pressure, GBC found himself wanting to ease the burden and, unfortunately, removing ABC permanently from his life was his best option;

3) Even if ABC's death was not premeditated, GBC had already planned some kind of "escape" from his, at the time, current life situation. ABC, too, would have been feeling the tides of change and, in her own way, determining her new path in life, minus GBC;

4) If ABC's death was, indeed, premeditated, GBC would have had at least one, or two, people close to him, whom he would have spoken to about his plans. IMO, this would have been his mistress, his father, or both;

5) Since the beginning, I have had very negative feelings about Senior BC. I know, I know... They're only feelings. However, I have not been able to shake these feelings of Senior BC being "in the know" and, either directly or indirectly, having involvement in ABC's death and subsequent removal/disposal of her body;

6) GBC's sister has her suspicions, but has not had the courage to fully explore these. As blood is thicker than water, GBC's sister's loyalties are with her immediate family. However, if one or two of her family members are eventually determined to have been involved in ABC's death, I suspect that GBC's sister will come clean with her suspicions and distance herself from her family;

7) In attempting to preserve the family's high profile, clean-cut image (and maybe not so well with the now infamous "Granny Pash"), Senior Mrs BC is also burying her suspicions. In saying that, Senior Mrs BC potentially knows most of the details of what happened to ABC, but wants to protect her husband's and son's reputations until such time she can no longer do this and the full force of the law takes this from her hands.

So... In summary, GBC was the main perpetrator, Senior BC assisted during the immediate aftermath, an individual close to GBC also has a level of involvement and GBC's mother and sister are both going through a period of supressing suspicion (or knowledge of the crime) and supporting their family to, in their hope, maintain their family image. IMO. :moo:

Excellent post LillyPilly, pretty much agree with everything that you have you said!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie