UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see since 11:00 pm Monday the 10th of May ? I sure hope they can find him. After looking at the maps that were posted I can't believe he has not been spotted yet ... He was barefoot how far could he really get and I do not really see anywhere he could hide for long...

I do not like the fact that he has been w/ mom and step dad for only ten days and is missing ? Must be some court ordered carp for him to come stay with them for the summer. I hope he is found safe, and no body swooped him up

These are excellent questions. Maybe I'm jaded, but I've already caught myself wondering if Ethan wasn't harmed by mom or his stepfather.

I hope he is found safe but I am cynical as well.

So how long has this little guy been missing ?

Since about 11pm - 12am Utah time.....

From the maps posted it is hard to see where this little guy could have gone without being found relatively easily.

Layton police search for missing boy
May 11th, 2010 @ 7:02am

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ethan was last seen by his mother around 11 p.m. when she tucked him into bed. Around midnight she went to check on him, realized he was missing and called police.

The boy is new to the area. He lived with his biological father in Virginia but 10 days ago came to live with his mother and stepfather for the summer. His mother tells police during those 10 days, he's walked out of the home five times during the night, but he was always found in the apartment complex.

"If you base it off his history and the information we have, we don't have anything to say this would be an abduction, simply a case where we have a child not where he should be. We're concerned about his safety," says Lt. Garret Atkin of the Layton City Police Department.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10728945

These are excellent questions. Maybe I'm jaded, but I've already caught myself wondering if Ethan wasn't harmed by mom or his stepfather.

This thought also crossed my mind. I hope he is found safe and sound.

WHY do they not know if he took his glasses with him ??????? Wouldnt mom know if they were there ar not ?????

SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ethan is a 4 feet 4 inches tall, with blond hair and blue eyes. He weighs about 50 pounds. He was last seen wearing red and blue Spiderman pajamas. The boy also wears glasses, but Atkin did not know if Ethan took those with him. Ethan does not have any medical or mental problems, according to police.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.html

It's been raining all day. The newscaster on the noon news was under an umbrella.

Have we heard anything from the father? Did Ethan do this same thing with him?(wander)

Have we heard anything from the father? Did Ethan do this same thing with him?(wander)

Have not heard anything from the father. Being that he is out of state, that could be why we have not yet.

You think the glasses would be something that le checked out.

My young ones would be to scared to go outside in the dark alone.

Hope he is found soon.

WHY do they not know if he took his glasses with him ??????? Wouldnt mom know if they were there ar not ?????

Ethan is a 4 feet 4 inches tall, with blond hair and blue eyes. He weighs about 50 pounds. He was last seen wearing red and blue Spiderman pajamas. The boy also wears glasses, but Atkin did not know if Ethan took those with him. Ethan does not have any medical or mental problems, according to police.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.html

Perhaps it's just something this particular officer didn't know. Sometimes the ones they stick in front of the media, don't always have all the details they should.

Ethan walks out of the apartment 5X in 10days - hope they asked him where he was going.

Did Ethan close the door when walking out?

Was he trying to get back to his dad?

We can all hope with all our hearts that this doesn't come close to the little Robert Manwil case - talk about tragic!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.htmlhttp://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031409/Layton-police-search-for-missing-4-year-old-boy.html

Good question.

Something about this isn't sitting right with me. I hope I am wrong, but it is hard to imagine how mom and step dad were not extra cautious if this child had wandered 5 times in 10 days already.

I hope LE is seriously interviewing mom and step dad, and I hope LE is seriously looking to see if this child really wandered 5 times already. Certainly a neighbor should be able to verify that story if it happened. With the stories I have read here, I hope I am wrong wondering if either of them harmed the child possibly overdisciplining him if he was having a hard time adjusting to the new environment.

Ethan walks out of the apartment 5X in 10days - hope they asked him where he was going.

Did Ethan close the door when walking out?

Was he trying to get back to his dad?

We can all hope with all our hearts that this doesn't come close to the little Robert Manwil case - talk about tragic!

They wrote the wandering off to him having problems adjusting to living in a new place.

"He is new to the area. He's only lived here about 10 days. He came to stay with his mom and stepfather for the summer," said Layton Police Lt. Garret Atkin. "He's done this in the past. He's walked out of the home, but his mom has always found him in the general area."
The boy's mother told KSL that her son had walked away five times in the past 10 nights. His biological father lives in Virginia.
Atkin said it wasn't sleepwalking, but he didn't have an explanation for the boy's behavior.

Police are searching a Layton neighborhood for a 4-year-old boy who's been missing since Monday night. His mother says he's wandered from home five times in the past 10 days. Police say until this latest incident, he has always turned up in the apartment complex.
For nearly 10 hours, Layton Police -- along with several other agencies and volunteers -- have been helping with the effort at the Layton Meadows apartments at 580 W. 1425 North. Police set up a mobile command post at the Layton Hills Mall parking lot.
Searchers are going door to door handing out a missing child flier with Ethan Stacy's picture on it. Also, police are using a reverse 911 call system to alert neighbors that the boy is missing.
They've search the complex grounds and also searched every vehicle in complex, but there was no sign of the boy.
Layton police say at this point they have no leads at the apartment complex, so now they have scaled back the search and are focusing on leads coming in from other areas.
"Basically our area search has not yielded anything right now, so were going to keep officers at the apartment so they can keep taking with the residents, and to make sure we've made contact at every apartment," said Lt. Garret Atkin of the Layton City Police Department. "And well be using other personnel to help investigate leads that have developed in other places."

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10728945

You think the glasses would be something that le checked out.

My young ones would be to scared to go outside in the dark alone.

Hope he is found soon.

BBM. Quoted because I am expanding on your thoughts.... Mine too.
Where would he go? Why would he go without making a stink that he wanted to go home to his dad? A 4.5 year old making a stink... what do they normally do? Not sneak out at 11 pm without a parent seeing. I would guess he would announce where he was going, or saying he was going to go back to daddy's house.... But how far would he go? Where would he know to go? Did he and mom and sf take him for walks anywhere? Did he have any routine in those 10 days he might have gone somewhere.

And did anyone check the laundry room? Would he have climbed into an oversized dryer to try and hide? a 4'4" 4.5 year old is tall. I have a very tall 7.5 yr old only a few inches taller.

Does anyone know if this was a 1st floor apt or not? How hard do the doors slam? Are they automatic doors that close loudly if not closed carefully? how did mom find the door? was it wide open or closed?

Even between 11pm - 12am someone in that complex had to be awake. NO ONE heard anything? Often in apartments neighbors can hear each others TV's or Stereo's, especially from the hall ways even if the walls have better sound proofing.

Why no statements from mom or step dad?

A lot of questions, at least my own, LE not saying much and nothing out there from any of the parents....... Hmmmmm.......

Where is Ethan and what was mom and SF doing between 11pm and 12 am?

I wonder what they mean by leads developing in other area's.

Anyone see or hear any news if dogs are being used in this search? I have not seen or read so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288