2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

Petty theif? 45000 dollars still trying to wrap my head around that. If my child stole 20 dollars from me that would be to much let alone 45000 dollars I just can't imagine. KC needed tough love amd the grandmother is right for not allowing her to come clean her house. I could never imagine stealing from my grandparents, shows what an utter disregard and lack of empathy kc had for people to steal from her own grandmother. How trashy it makes me sick! Cindy AND george should have been better parents and put a stop to her theivery she did it to them because she knew she could.
Did anyone ever take anything from KC? I bet not. She would be so p*ssed off, the world would have known about it.

I'm in the Shirley boat with the rest of you! She's wise and said some damaging things about KC, especially the line about the possibility that she hated CA more than she loved Caylee. She must be so upset over all of this and her husband, if he is capable of understanding what has happened, must be too. What a terrible way to go through your senior years. I doubt if CA is being much of a comfort to her. Prayers going to Shirley from NJ!:blowkiss:

I'm a bit confused about the money issue. Is it supposed to be that Casey stole $45,000 dollars from CA or is it that the $45,000 debt is from both Casey and GA?

On page 25 of the interview, Shirley states when asked by LE how much did Cindy say Casey took and Shirley says: "They said something about it being like $45,000.00.

I'm also confused as to what GA (according to SP) did with his retirement account that CA had to pay IRS taxes on?

It appears that George cashed in his retirement account, of which, you have to claim on your taxes and pay the taxes on the money.

OMG, how precious is SP? :blowkiss:

My heart goes out to her. I cannot even imagine how heartbreaking this is for her.

And maybe with Shirley, Caylee will finally have someone in the courtroom who is there for her. I hope Rick too will be in the courtroom daily for Caylee.

Who sits on which side of the courtroom will be an interesting watch.

I'm definitely on 'TEAM SP' so this isn't a bash but it seems to me she intentionally played the 'hard of hearing' act on them when her purpose was to protect CA!..She was 'dumb as a fox' with the same intention on a few other occasions..I may be off-base (?) but did LE come away with the same impression? Wish I knew!

I'm definitely on 'TEAM SP' so this isn't a bash but it seems to me she intentionally played the 'hard of hearing' act on them when her purpose was to protect CA!..She was 'dumb as a fox' with the same intention on a few other occasions..I may be off-base (?) but did LE come away with the same impression? Wish I knew!

I don't see it that way ... she established the HOH thing early in the interview about the cat ... she misunderstood the investigator who said "there's your cat." and answered "Do I have a cat?" Then she couldn't hear the cat's bell ringing either. My dear dad was HOH and there were many times that he misunderstood things or didn't hear them at all ... and sometimes he could hear and respond perfectly appropriately ... from what I know it has more to do with the frequency or tone of the sound ... for example he understood my children better than me or my husband, becuase they had higher voices than we had.

FWIW ... I found SP to be endearing and honest. I would love to adopt her as my Grandma!

Hmmmm a locker at the Hard Rock Hotel? It always comes back to me that in many of the lies Casey tells there is some tiny crystal of truth ... I wonder if LE looked into that ... if she has a locker rented at the HRH? If so what might they find there ... besides all of her "money" of course!

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0320/18973896.pdf (page 40 line 6)

The HRH Orlando does have lockers available in the fitness center. I don't know how long one can rent a locker there ... but Casey has mentioned the HRH before per Cindy ... that she was staying there on a night when she was "working" late and had to be at "work" early the next morning ...

http://www.universalorlando.com/hotels/hard-rock-hotel-orlando/recreation.html
Lockers
Separate for men and women with full amenities, lush towels, quiet area, etc.

Even though I think the detectives overall did a fine job, I must say I am not very impressed with their interviewing style. It's hard for the person they are talking with to complete a thought. They don't wait long enough for the person to answer. They interrupt constantly.
I think they came there with a few things in mind...one being "Would Casey talk to you?" With the answer being "no", time to move on. IMO they cut to the chase...kept it simple. I've found this to happen in many of the interviews. This asked/answered approach doesn't leave much room for elaboration or chichat IMO. They know what they're looking for...we, unfortunately, don't (but, speculation works! LOL).

Hmmmm a locker at the Hard Rock Hotel? It always comes back to me that in many of the lies Casey tells there is some tiny crystal of truth ... I wonder if LE looked into that ... if she has a locker rented at the HRH? If so what might they find there ... besides all of her "money" of course!

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0320/18973896.pdf (page 40 line 6)
I've stayed at that hotel many times and don't know what the heck she's talking about!! There are lockers over at Universal to hold belongings, but can't imagine her hiding money there.

I've stayed at that hotel many times and don't know what the heck she's talking about!! There are lockers over at Universal to hold belongings, but can't imagine her hiding money there.

I added to my post above to include a link for the HRH fitness facilities where they have "lockers" that can be rented in their fitness facility ... Probably nothing ... but at this point I want to uncover all of Casey's "hidy-holes"!

I don't see it that way ... she established the HOH thing early in the interview about the cat ... she misunderstood the investigator who said "there's your cat." and answered "Do I have a cat?" Then she couldn't hear the cat's bell ringing either. My dear dad was HOH and there were many times that he misunderstood things or didn't hear them at all ... and sometimes he could hear and respond perfectly appropriately ... from what I know it has more to do with the frequency or tone of the sound ... for example he understood my children better than me or my husband, becuase they had higher voices than we had.

FWIW ... I found SP to be endearing and honest. I would love to adopt her as my Grandma!

I posted yesterday re: "Do I have a cat"? in another thread..I thought she was SENILE but realized I was very wrong as the interview progressed..My take then became she had just repeated back what one of them had said to her..I can't go back over the entire interview right now to give any examples of why I think she intentionally played HOH or "dumb as a fox' but it wasn't often & always seemed to be in regards to something incriminating/negative re: CA.

I do get your take on HOH (in general) & even if I'm off-base I would also love to adopt her! :)

I posted yesterday re: "Do I have a cat"? in another thread..I thought she was SENILE but realized I was very wrong as the interview progressed..My take then became she had just repeated back what one of them had said to her..I can't go back over the entire interview right now to give any examples of why I think she intentionally played HOH or "dumb as a fox' but it wasn't often & always seemed to be in regards to something incriminating/negative re: CA.

I do get your take on HOH (in general) & even if I'm off-base I would also love to adopt her! :)

You know it was funny when I read your "dumb as a fox" post I immediately thought of my Dad ... when we first found out that he had partial deafness but could still hear many things clearly ... eg, without repeating them or saying them louder ... we all (my mom, brothers, sisters and myself) accused him of having "selective hearing" ... it was really only after I failed a hearing test at work and looked into it, that I learned about the different aspects of hearing loss, and why one could hear some things and not others ... I am only in my 30's ... but ... turns out that, from ear infections when I was very young, I have horrible mid-frequency hearing loss. I have butchered song lyrics my whole life, however I can hear my next door neighbor’s car idling from inside my house.

I added to my post above to include a link for the HRH fitness facilities where they have "lockers" that can be rented in their fitness facility ... Probably nothing ... but at this point I want to uncover all of Casey's "hidy-holes"!
Not a big facility. Ousiders wouldn't really join. It's not that kind of place (though the spa is nice). There wasn't a fee for lockers, just use of the center. I didn't see a sign for "rentals", but as I was a guest may not have noticed. It would be too much work for her to access the place...with parking and everything. IMO...it's just more hogwash.

SP was very informative and very honest and forthcoming with her answers! Such a drastic difference from CA! I cannot understand how KC (her child living under her own roof) was able to run up $45,000 of debt in CA name... although I believe it. Once again, KC was not prosecuted or held accountable for her actions - instead it was most likely "swept under the rug by CA, and denied as being a big problem." I see this as a big problem. I see it as a sign of hostility, resentment and perpetration against her mother CA. (The bills had to be coming in...creditors had to be calling...CA knew she didn't run up the debt)....my question is why not prosecute KC, get custody of Caylee and start family counseling? I guess hindsight is 20/20.

SP was very informative and very honest and forthcoming with her answers! Such a drastic difference from CA! I cannot understand how KC (her child living under her own roof) was able to run up $45,000 of debt in CA name... although I believe it. Once again, KC was not prosecuted or held accountable for her actions - instead it was most likely "swept under the rug by CA, and denied as being a big problem." I see this as a big problem. I see it as a sign of hostility, resentment and perpetration against her mother CA. (The bills had to be coming in...creditors had to be calling...CA knew she didn't run up the debt)....my question is why not prosecute KC, get custody of Caylee and start family counseling? I guess hindsight is 20/20.
I agree, but I think anger was fueling CA's behavior if what SP said was true... Casey was out of control. She would have had to get beyond that. I think there was a cycle of abuse going on in that home, obviously emotional in nature. Unfortunately, CA hadn't gotten to the point of recognizing it and seeing her role in it as well as Casey's. I wish she had stuck with the counseling and learned the tools necessary to break the cycle.

You know it was funny when I read your "dumb as a fox" post I immediately thought of my Dad ... when we first found out that he had partial deafness but could still hear many things clearly ... eg, without repeating them or saying them louder ... we all (my mom, brothers, sisters and myself) accused him of having "selective hearing" ... it was really only after I failed a hearing test at work and looked into it, that I learned about the different aspects of hearing loss, and why one could hear some things and not others ... I am only in my 30's ... but ... turns out that, from ear infections when I was very young, I have horrible mid-frequency hearing loss. I have butchered song lyrics my whole life, however I can hear my next door neighbor’s car idling from inside my house.

My FIL is HOH & his wife's been saying "selective hearing" to him for years..He refuses to get a hearing aid..It's very frustrating!..I will pass along what you said & hopefully it will help her deal better with it! :)

Sorry to hear (no pun) about your condition..:blowkiss:

The "idle car next door"..Really?..I'm not sure I can (could be I've not paid attention) but I'm going to find out!..I've always blamed my major problem with "song lyrics" on the singer..Many are so darn hard to understand but thinking about it now it may be some (not all) of it is really MY problem! :waitasec:

I remember following a forum on another board late last summer (is that all? why does it seem like eons ago?!) and a new poster started defending the Anthony family. Not KC, but the rest of the family. After a few days, he identified himself as Rick.

As per usual, there were more than a few who disbelieved him. He did reveal enough to one of the mods that it was determined that he was who he said he was. He provided pictures from his wedding showing the A's, Shirley and himself publicly. (That was the first time I'd seen the pic of KC preggers.) He continued to defend CA until their email exchange (which he also provided).

So when LE tells SP in late August that Rick was defending the A's, I believe they were telling her the truth as it were at the time.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back