MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the phones were more taken to sell in my opinion. Or, that would be my first thought. IPhones are one of the most stolen products out there and can be resold for quite a high price.
I mean, the phones are gone either way so I don't guess it matters, but it doesn't feel like the potential stranger abductor cared about discretion or even not getting caught. Banging in a window, turning on nearly every light, passing bedrooms to get to the baby's room...it isn't like this person sneaked in quietly and stealthily. It almost seems overtly in your face and brazen like maybe that is even the point.

I still wonder why they returned to the backyard/yard area...2-3 times? The only possible explanation I can think of is the cellphones are pinging in that radius and they think they may have been buried or thrown somewhere close?

Someone else had posted where my thoughts are... there are just too many "coincidences" in this case. Something's not right.

Oh I agree but like you said, we don't know what, if anything may have been the reason for a cover up. We know she's still married and has custody of her 6 year old son. Son's dad and family haven't seen the son in 6 years, IIRC. Why?

Did she panic? Would she lose custody of her 6 year old? Just a theory.

She would not lose custody of her 6 year old due to an accident unless it was proven to be child abuse. That kind of accident is just that...and she would not be in trouble.

The whole reason for the existence of a Poison Control center is because children get into things. My son got into the refrigerator, took the CHILD PROOF cap off of his "pink medicine" (Amoxicillin) and took a couple of big old swigs when he was 2 years old. It happened while I was helping his older sister brush her teeth. I called poison control and my pediatrician in a panic. No one reported me for anything.

Oh I agree but like you said, we don't know what, if anything may have been the reason for a cover up. We know she's still married and has custody of her 6 year old son. Son's dad and family haven't seen the son in 6 years, IIRC. Why?

Did she panic? Would she lose custody of her 6 year old? Just a theory.

DB and SB were only separated 4 years ago....

But if the phones were taken on the spur of the moment, then somehow, I guess the person would have managed to get away without the phones pinging, because LE has told us (IIRC) that the phones have not been helpful in the investigation.

If the person took the phones on a whim, then they must have just happened to have knowledge of what needed to be done to stop them from pinging (is it remove the battery?), and then they must have taken the time to stop and do it in the midst of snatching baby L and making a get away.

It's just hard to envision.

(Note that I'm a member of WS and I'm not 100% sure how to stop a phone from pinging. Does the average person know this?)

Our locks are "thumb bolts." Whether the door is locked or not locked from the outside, it can be opened from the inside by turning the doorknob. We have regular deadbolts.

I've actually been getting out of my car, talking on the phone and looking for it at the same time lol

It's extremely embarrassing when you happen to tell the person you're talking to on your cell phone that you can't find your cell phone. So, I've heard :)

Can someone help me? I can't believe I've got this remotely straight in my head. Kidnapper *possibly* comes in window....in just the right window where there's no one sleeping. Turns all the lights on...in the middle of the night. Takes the 10 month old from the crib....and then while juggling a potentially cranky, half asleep baby, dude stops to juggle three cell phones with the free hand he has to use to open doors to make his retreat???

No more news tonight?

Sadly, no. Though I'm going to have to call it a night soon, so maybe when I fall asleep they will find her and she will be home when I wake up!

I feel like the phones were more taken to sell in my opinion. Or, that would be my first thought. IPhones are one of the most stolen products out there and can be resold for quite a high price.
I mean, the phones are gone either way so I don't guess it matters, but it doesn't feel like the potential stranger abductor cared about discretion or even not getting caught. Banging in a window, turning on nearly every light, passing bedrooms to get to the baby's room...it isn't like this person sneaked in quietly and stealthily. It almost seems overtly in your face and brazen like maybe that is even the point.

I still wonder why they returned to the backyard/yard area...2-3 times? The only possible explanation I can think of is the cellphones are pinging in that radius and they think they may have been buried or thrown somewhere close?

The backyard thing is a puzzle isn't it.
It seems like if the cell phones were buried the dirt would be disturbed. :waitasec:

It's extremely embarrassing when you happen to tell the person you're talking to on your cell phone that you can't find your cell phone. So, I've heard :)

:floorlaugh:

I haven't found the numbers yet, but I did find this

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acetaminophen/HO00002

There will be tens of thousands of kids that are accidentally overdosed and even more that were not treated for an overdose. Parents with sick kids buy adult medicine since infant cough/cold medicine is not sold and they try to adjust the dosing to fit their child’s needs.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not allow manufacturers to provide dosage recommendations for children under age 2 on the bottles or packaging. In May 2011, an advisory committee recommended changing this policy — but the FDA has not yet done so, and the old policy is still in effect, at least for now.”

Personally I think that not putting dosage directions for children under two is dangerous because some parents are going to give their sick child this medicine by guessing at the dosage.

It's not unlike walking around searching everywhere for one's glasses when, in fact, one is wearing them. Not that I'd know of course.

Anyone watching the 10 pm news for the update promised earlier? I think about LE activity in KCK?

When, really, it would take mere seconds- grab them and shove them in your pockets. Hopefully, it's their undoing, as I'm wondering if the supposed 2:30am phone call was actually a "butt dial."

At this point I am more curious where the phones last pinged from.

:)

Can someone help me? I can't believe I've got this remotely straight in my head. Kidnapper *possibly* comes in window....in just the right window where there's no one sleeping. Turns all the lights on...in the middle of the night. Takes the 10 month old from the crib....and then while juggling a potentially cranky, half asleep baby, dude stops to juggle three cell phones with the free hand he has to use to open doors to make his retreat???

I don't know if I can help or not. Because I don't think this was just some strange dude. I think it was someone that knows the family and has been in their home plenty of times before. He could have easily pocketed the phones on his way through the kitchen before lifting the sleeping baby out of her crib.

Son of master craftsman Daedalus, who assists his desire to escape from Crete by making him a pair of wings with which to fly. He is warned not to fly too close to the sun as the wax holding the wings in place will melt. Icarus, showing forth the desire to attain life's pinnacle, with all the exuberance of youth, does indeed fly too close. And into the sea he goes.

See, folks? There is no end to what can be learned on Websleuths.

The lesson to be gained is to temper your exuberance with self-control....
otherwise, your wax will melt.

And, no dogs barked...and nothing was heard on the baby monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288