OH - Jenna Edwards, 11 mos, dies in hot car, Cincinnati, 20 Aug 2008

The article says she was a model mom. Well, in my sick and twisted mind, "model moms" don't leave their children in the car to die. Call me crazy.
I've said it before......I have 3 kids and never, ever, "forgot" they were in the car. I don't buy it. This is happening, it seems, more and more frequently. It seems like this has become an acceptable way to murder your child and get away with it. :furious::furious::furious:

If she came from a lower income status her *advertiser censored** would have been hauled off to jail. She would have been assumed guilty and had to prove her innocence. But since she was a "model" college professor she was let go and just the car seat and van taken.
I hope they prosecute her for her crime but she will probably get a slap on the wrist.

I know, Pooky, you're probably right. It makes me sick. These poor kids. I can't imagine a more frightening death for these babies, wondering when someone will show up to help them. How sad.

At least this one tried to escape.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/17199936/detail.html

Why is this terrible action becoming the norm?? When my son was growing up I couldn't or wouldn't have left him alone in a car even for a second and I would have never forgotten he was there either.

Yes, I remember reading about that one, too. Poor baby....trying to save himself. In my mind, the mother could not have had one thought about this child during her shift. To me....the second she thought of him...she would have thought, "Oh shi*!" and run outside.....to me it is apparent that in her 8 hr. shift.....he never once crossed her mind. Never ONCE! How can that be?

:mad: I'm sorry, I'm just not buying this crap. Taking your child to daycare on your way to work would be part of your routine. IMO! How could you just forget their in the car, especially this child in the truck~ right in the seat beside you.

These babies didn't deserve to die like that. I wish I was the prosecutor in these cases I would let the parents die the same kind of death those innocent babies did.

This is the inevitable result of feminism and women spending their time having stupid 'careers' instead of fulfilling their most important and precious role, which only they can do, of ensuring the continuation of the human race.

Yes, I remember reading about that one, too. Poor baby....trying to save himself. In my mind, the mother could not have had one thought about this child during her shift. To me....the second she thought of him...she would have thought, "Oh shi*!" and run outside.....to me it is apparent that in her 8 hr. shift.....he never once crossed her mind. Never ONCE! How can that be?

Probably because she was thinking he was safe at day care.

This is the inevitable result of feminism and women spending their time having stupid 'careers' instead of fulfilling their most important and precious role, which only they can do, of ensuring the continuation of the human race.

I disagree with you about the career part. Women have to work for a living because some fathers arent around and in this day in age its hard to live with two incomes much less one. Some are just irresponsible and couldnt care less about their children.

Knee. Jerk.

I have forgotten where my keys are. I have forgotten to pay a bill. But I have never ever forgotten any of my children in a hot car.

That poor poor baby :furious:

Really? IMO Father's play an important role as well if they so choose to.

Is it just me or have similar cases been all over the news this summer? And since they ARE all over the news, wouldn't people be more cautious? WHEN are we going to stop coddling baby killers?

They didn't "forget". THEY KILLED THEIR BABIES!

Sorry - this really strikes a nerve with me.

From GizzySmith's link:
Edwards, a Wyoming wife and mother also has a 3-year-old son, Eli Christopher. In the past, both children attended the same day care, but she had recently started a new routine in which the children attended different day cares, Owens said.

On Wednesday, Edwards dropped off Eli Christopher, but forgot to drop Jenna off. Owens did not know how long the new routine had been in place.

Hardy har har. After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing, I just had to say: and what of the idiot fathers who leave their children in their cars? Or are they just the poor stupid idiots who can't manage to make enough money to support their wives and families so that the woman doesn't have to get a job? Or the family of ten that went to church and left their 3 year old in the van when they got home? Both parents were in the van and the mom is a stay at home mom.

As a single mom who is raising two beautiful, balanced, brilliant children ON MY OWN because my ex decided that his meth addiction meant more to him than his family, I say: THANK GOD FOR INTELLIGENT HARDWORKING WOMEN NOT AFRAID TO STEP UP AND STEP OUT.

As for this issue, it is disturbing to say the least and is increasing at an alarming rate. It appears to have no definitive reason.

You know... I wonder if any of these moms were taking RX meds for sleep - like Ambien or Lunesta.

Please understand that I am NOT making excuses for them because there are none.

But those meds can leave you in a trance-like state if you don't get enough sleep. I have taken them and actually cooked a meal and had a coherent conversation with my husband - and have no recollection of it.

I wonder if meds like these or sleep deprivation could have something to do with the number of these incidents we continue to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back