TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello wfgodot,
I went back to my notes and found where I kept the exact quotes from the article. I believe it was the jackson article. Below are some direct quotes from the article. Hope this helps:
-----------------------------------------------------------

"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said.

"So I was trying to preserve the crime scene and keep it from being disrupted because I knew the only thing we might have would be footprints,
and I knew if someone stepped on them, then that's ruined."

"After I had stopped Mom and a few people and said,'Don't walk up the trail and in the woods,' people started walking up there, so I just
sat down in the car and continued writing my statement out," he said
. "I wasn't going to be able to stop everyone who was coming up here
from walking where they had been."

I wonder what car he was referring to? If it was a LE car, why would he need to be the one to stop people? Wouldn't that be LEs job?

I don't know how it works in the U.S, but in Australia, a police officer would help a witness prepare their statement. They wouldn't be sitting in a car at the crime scene writing it by them self. :waitasec:

What is the criteria needed for this case to have it's own forum? Discussions separated into threads would be interesting. E.g CB's version of what happened, KB's version, the search, the blood, the lunchbox & phone, her classmates reactions, just to name a few.

:)

Usually it has to be a very active case with lots of new info...lol

We could, at least, use a new thread as this one is running waaay long. The next one will be our 33rd - good grief. If no one else wants to do one or a mod doesn't happen along, I'll see what I can do when I get back from a little trip to town in a bit.

I kept wondering if maybe she actually went missing on the 12th, and maybe it took a day for LE to do a thorough investigation at the house, and maybe the 13th became an accepted date of when she actually disappeared. There are a couple reasons I kept thinking this.

But that does not account for the screams heard by a neighbor and the 911 calls related to those screams, the finding of seemingly fresh blood at the scene, etc. Also, I would assume phone records from the family would verify events taking place on the 13th to law enforcement even though they have not been made public.

I feel that KB was aware of something going on prior as well. I also wonder if one reason they haven't released the 911 tapes is because when KB rang them she named someone (not DS).

There are countless cases where the family and or law enforcment has talked about people being named in cases so I doubt that this case is any different. If someone suspected someone they would just say it. I can think of a dozen recent/current cases where friends, family and cops have finger pointed with , perhaps, little direct evidence.

Like you, I wondered about how did so many hear about Holly going missing and arrive so quickly on the scene... IIRC I might have mentioned that perhaps the perp(s) was somehow involved in this - getting lots of people so that the crime scene gets overrun, messing up doing things in an organized matter. Reminiscent of what happened with so many people in the Ramsey home...

My brother passed away two weeks ago unexpectedly. I live 20 minutes from my mother. When I got there there was probably 50 or more people there. I remember looking at my brother and saying how did they find out. But that is how small towns work.

My brother passed away two weeks ago unexpectedly. I live 20 minutes from my mother. When I got there there was probably 50 or more people there. I remember looking at my brother and saying how did they find out. But that is how small towns work.

So sorry about your brother, MCDRAW.

Yes...small towns are amazing that way....

There are countless cases where the family and or law enforcment has talked about people being named in cases so I doubt that this case is any different. If someone suspected someone they would just say it. I can think of a dozen recent/current cases where friends, family and cops have finger pointed with , perhaps, little direct evidence.

And sometimes, people who have knowledge of a crime have been known to fingerpoint so as to deflect attention away from what really happened. Especially when making a 911 call. :)

It is active here and on other sites. :)

Active as far as media and LE, I meant. With lots of new articles and press conferences, and new things to discuss. Believe me, if there is anything new to discuss in this case, we are all ears, but also would be very surprised...I think just about everything one can imagine has been covered. JMO

Active as far as media and LE, I meant. With lots of new articles and press conferences, and new things to discuss. Believe me, if there is anything new to discuss in this case, we are all ears, but also would be very surprised...I think just about everything one can imagine has been covered. JMO

Yep, I understood what you meant hehe. What I mean is that it is still active on this site and even though nothing new is happening, there are still several aspects of this case that deserve their own thread, imo :)

And sometimes, people who have knowledge of a crime have been known to fingerpoint so as to deflect attention away from what really happened. Especially when making a 911 call. :)

I doubt that is the case here but thats JMHO. Especially in the case here where there are independent callers like the neighbor (and who knows who else).

Yup so true. Unfortunately I think a lot of the current "activity" borders on the realm of fantasy. People can really stretch looking for something or just making something up due to the lack of details and evidence in the case. I think all the productive work was done months ago. You can only look at the same scarce bit of info so long and you either 1) have made your estimation of what happened or 2) start to see thats that are not there. Like staring at a bowl of spaghetti and seeing Jesus' face. People see what they want to see in many cases, based on their own personalities, personal experiences, etc.

I doubt that is the case here but thats JMHO. Especially in the case here where there are independent callers like the neighbor (and who knows who else).

Do you have a source that states that the neighbour was one of the 911 callers?

I've had the sense for awhile that the people involved in this case knew there would be a bit of renewed interest around the one year mark, and then it would be "over" for all intents and purposes. That's just my perception. The long overdue AMW "reenactment" to be the last word, so to speak in many people's minds, who didn't closely follow the case, will leave them with a skewed view of those events.

What happens from here on out?
Some out of the blue mounted search by an out of state team again? Doubt it.
An update from the TBI on where the case currently stands? Doubt it.
The announcement the family is hiring a crack team of private investigators? Doubt it.

Over and under bets on when or what the next "news story" on this case will entail?

Do you have a source that states that the neighbour was one of the 911 callers?

I don't have the citation for it, but I seem to recall there being a news story stating she called the Sheriff personally.
She would not have been counted as one of the 911 per se.

Mom claims to have made two. One to Henderson Co. One to Decatur Co.
( She wanted to be sure it got to the "right" people" ).

Clint has been stated in various articles as to when he made his call.
I once recall reading he went outside to the driveway and saw blood beside Holly's car and immediately ran back inside and callled 911.
Other accounts say that he was walking towards the woods carrying his cellphone dialing when a neighbor pulls up.
How or why there should be such a wide range of circumstances during his call told to media is beyond me.

I don't have the citation for it, but I seem to recall there being a news story stating she called the Sheriff personally.
She would not have been counted as one of the 911 per se.

Mom claims to have made two. One to Henderson Co. One to Decatur Co.
( She wanted to be sure it got to the "right" people" ).

Clint has been stated in various articles as to when he made his call.
I once recall reading he went outside to the driveway and saw blood beside Holly's car and immediately ran back inside and callled 911.
Other accounts say that he was walking towards the woods carrying his cellphone dialing when a neighbor pulls up.
How or why there should be such a wide range of circumstances during his call told to media is beyond me.

Thank you :) I didn't think she called 911. I did see somewhere that Kristin Helm said she wouldn't comment on who made the second 911 call but wasn't aware of a 911 call from their neighbour.

Thank you :) I didn't think she called 911. I did see somewhere that Kristin Helm said she wouldn't comment on who made the second 911 call but wasn't aware of a 911 call from their neighbour.

Your welcome.
It does make you wish you could have been privy to the call to the Sheriff, eh what? Something like this perhaps?

"Hello, Sheriff"?

Speaking.

"Yeah, um, my son told me he heard some yelling from my neighbors house"!

Did you hear it?

"Uh, no, but could you send the entire force over to their house immediately"?

Sure. They're enroute now. Sounds like an emergency situation.

"Sheriff it's about 7:30 now, my son won't actually hear this for another 10 minutes. You're still coming right?"

I swear I don't get this case, at all.

Your welcome.
It does make you wish you could have been privy to the call to the Sheriff, eh what? Something like this perhaps?

"Hello, Sheriff"?

Speaking.

"Yeah, um, my son told me he heard some yelling from my neighbors house"!

Did you hear it?

"Uh, no, but could you send the entire force over to their house immediately"?

Sure. They're enroute now. Sounds like an emergency situation.

"Sheriff it's about 7:30 now, my son won't actually hear this for another 10 minutes. You're still coming right?"

I swear I don't get this case, at all.

haha... me neither! One minute I feel that someone VERY close to her is responsible, then the next minute I feel that is was an aquaintance.

Also I get distracted by other poster's opinions. Anyways as long as people are still talking about her rather than letting it go away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk