Police looking into cases of Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff

Police Interview Garridos About 23-Year-Old Case

HAYWARD, Calif. -- With the Jaycee Dugard case over, KTVU learned exclusively Monday that Hayward police recently interviewed Phillip and Nancy Garrido in prison about another Bay Area kidnapping that happened over two decades ago.

Last week, investigators got the opportunity to interview the couple about the Garecht case.

Police noted striking similarities between the two kidnapping victims.

"They could almost be sisters," said McAllister. "Both of the interviews lasted over two hours. Neither of the interviews revealed any direct link to the Michaela Garecht case."

Police are pouring over the taped interviews, rechecking facts before they re-interview the Garridos.

"We're not done yet," said McAllister.

Read More:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/28876854/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

I just saw this same report on KCRA-Sacramento. Walt Gray, in the wrap up, even mentioned how "amatuer sleuths" have been pushing for LE to look into the possible connection. Yea! We actually can play a part in getting justice in these cases!

It looks like I may be interviewed tomorrow on KCRA-Sacramento by Walt Gray about the possible Garrido/Garecht connection and the role of amatuer sleuths in today's era of shrinking LE budgets - I will know tomorrow morning. It will probably be on the five or six o'clock broadcast. If I am on, I will post a link here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back