Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
Updated: Could Lee face charges?

<snipped>
"Not because he has done anything wrong," said TL. As a former prosecutor, TL said that the State Attorney's Office could seek to charge Lee with obstruction of justice or aiding and abetting, even if was not Lee's intention to do so.

VIDEO: Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, on possible charges
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=8151104&version=1&locale=EN-US

VIDEO: Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, on donated money
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=8151115&version=1&locale=EN-US

Article:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Mods looking to see if there is a thread pertaining to this subject. If so I'll delete the thread unless u find it first & merge this new info on to it! Thanks

I guess theoretically they could all possibly faces charges, but I honestly don't think they did anything to deliberately mislead with the intention of making it harder to find Caylee. I really believe Cindy in particular was seriously deluded. Lee, on the other hand, I don't think has really been too involved so what he could face obstruction charges for, I don't know.

ETA: (removed) didn't read the whole article.

sounds like there's a good reason LA has an attorney. My thoughts, as of right now, it will probably come out that he helped CA clean out the car (if GA was really at work). His attorney is "spinning" when he says LA may have obstructed or aiding and abetting, "unknowingly" (my paraphrase). They all knew what KC was capable of, and after the smell of decomp, they should have had no doubt whatsoever.

This is big, IMO. I always suspected he did, in some capacity. Wonder what he did, probably computer stuff for starters but how far did he go?

Would it be considered obstruction if he lied about whom the baby's father is, if proven he knew otherwise?

Well this is interesting. It reads as if Lee did do it, according to his attorney, but without meaning to do it. ??? What does that mean?

Not sure what this means but checking if any other media reports anything r for an update to the article from FOX. :waitasec: It does make me wonder if something else is behind his lawyer contacting FOX about this...:confused:

We have reasons to think about obstruction of justice charges for CA and GA because of so many facts in this case. I haven't read or heard of anything regarding LA being charged for obstruction until now.

I do find it interesting that he never hired an attorney until AFTER the body was found.

His attorney is "spinning" when he says LA may have obstructed or aiding and abetting, "unknowingly" (my paraphrase). They all knew what KC was capable of, and after the smell of decomp, they should have had no doubt whatsoever.

This is big, IMO. I always suspected he did, in some capacity. Wonder what he did, probably computer stuff for starters but how far did he go?

Snipped your quote JustanotherJane:

I do remember from TL interview w/LE that when CA came to his apt. in June to get KC, that she was on the laptop at the time of CA's arrival. Yet, later LA said the laptop was wiped out. Did he do that when he retrieved it. ITA too that he maybe helped in trying to clean up KC's car before LE arrived. MOO

I think charges against lee may be financial in nature - remember
he was orchestrating the trust and donations for awhile

messing with her computer at TonE's may be an issue

Even if information on a harddrive can be recovered I think Lee tried to erase Casey's laptop. And I didn't like the ^-5 between them because it looked like he was agreeing to something she asked him to do.

I think charges against lee may be financial in nature - remember
he was orchestrating the trust and donations for awhile

messing with her computer at TonE's may be an issue

They just added video @ the trust $ I added it to the 1st post of this thread. Checking yet to see if I find any other news releases on this. I do think he helped with cleaning the car & does know more then he told LE in his interviews.:waitasec:

Updated: Could Lee face charges?

<snipped>
"Not because he has done anything wrong," said TL. As a former prosecutor, TL said that the State Attorney's Office could seek to charge Lee with obstruction of justice or aiding and abetting, even if was not Lee's intention to do so.

VIDEO: Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, on possible charges
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=8151104&version=1&locale=EN-US

VIDEO: Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, on donated money
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=8151115&version=1&locale=EN-US

Article:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Here's an excerpt from the above myfoxorlando article,
"Luka adds that neither Lee, nor George and Cindy Anthony, have been called as witnesses in the case, but they are preparing for just such a scenario."

What does Luka mean? Lee, George and Cindy are all on the State Witness List. Of course they haven't been called yet since the trial has not begun.
All 3 of them are involved, some to a higher degree than the other. jmo
Maybe there will be an entire Anthony Wing in the prison.

I don't know much about criminals, but I doubt that every family member in every murder case needs a lawyer, and for Lee's atty. to act like this is just normal protocol is bizarre.
Obstruction of justice can't be that common or normal.
I think they are just putting it out there first because something is coming down!

I don't know much about criminals, but I doubt that every family member in every murder case needs a lawyer, and for Lee's atty. to act like this is just normal protocol is bizarre.
Obstruction of justice can't be that common or normal.
I think they are just putting it out there first because something is coming down!

Both attorneys now have stated their clients may be charged. They are getting out in front of something they know is coming.

That second interview with the attorney was interesting. The attorney came out and stated that when this investigaton first began, we (the public) did not know who was responsible for Caylee&#8217;s disappearance ~ no denial it was Casey as the Anthony's have long held as their belief. Also, when he stated that Mr. Anthony (Lee) was going under the assumption that his daughter, then corrected to niece, was kidnapped&#8230; oops!!

That second interview with the attorney was interesting. The attorney came out and stated that when this investigaton first began, we (the public) did not know who was responsible for Caylee’s disappearance ~ no denial it was Casey as the Anthony's have long held as their belief. Also, when he stated that Mr. Anthony (Lee) was going under the assumption that his daughter, then corrected to niece, was kidnapped… oops!!

Just as many have suspected from the beginning. Where are the critics now? LOL

After listening to Luka, I am convinced that there are BIG issues.
The money first of all: now they are saying they will return it to the donors???
That doesn't seem like the A's typical behavior.
They must have been threatened about illegal collections and their consequences.
Lee shouldn't have used the donated money to do his " Own" investigation, the private investigators should have gotten money for that.
Also he mentioned that nothing has been done illegally, but Lee is just covering his bases so to speak. He didn't willingly give his DNA, and also didn't he refuse a lie detector test?
Innocent people don't do these things and don't prepare for obstruction charges just for the heck of it.
I think the High Five was a wrong move and will bite him and KC in the Butt!
JMO

Luka does seem to have a problem with the names...I hope he is just nervous. Maybe he has a speech impediment.
He seemed very nervous when speaking. I don't know if that's his own issue or he knows that his client is in deep poop!
He is not as believeable as the A's atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo